To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Mary Jo - gorgeous work! The yellow looks great on the border and the doll outfit is beautiful. I love the colors you chose.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my "Ballerina cinema set for mum and daughter"

Of course i cannot wait 'till my daughter's birthday  :D  Tomorrow I'm going to take her for "Ballerina" movie so I sew two totes today and she'll get her mouse too. 

post-30828-0-59886400-1486419840_thumb.jpg

Well I have two mice  :manyheart

post-30828-0-73883700-1486419910_thumb.jpg

Rat dog, ever since I joined this forum in '06 I've noticed how the skills of people who hang around for a while increase by leaps and bounds. I was encouraged to try my hand at graphs from a friend here and after my first project I knew I had found my favorite thing to make!

Happy hooking, ladies!

Hopefully I will get my yarn today.  Yeah, I had to buy some more.  Hey you always need white and black.

Question, can you mix Red Heat Soft or Soft Touch with Canon Simply Soft?  The first two do not seem to have enough of the colors I need.  The Canon has to colors, but I don't want to do a whole afghan with that yarn, I am not a fan.  Besides I am trying to use up the Red Heart.

Off to the Dr. for the 3 month check-up and then back to my hook and needles.

Have a fun day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

I charted out the name doily and then discovered i am out of white thread.

Off to joanns!

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl How DOES that always happen!!!!!!!????

Hopefully I will get my yarn today.  Yeah, I had to buy some more.  Hey you always need white and black.Absolutely!!

Question, can you mix Red Heat Soft or Soft Touch with Canon Simply Soft?  The first two do not seem to have enough of the colors I need.  The Canon has to colors, but I don't want to do a whole afghan with that yarn, I am not a fan.  Besides I am trying to use up the Red Heart.I would think so - just change your hook size for each yarn - I'm making the NICU hats with Caron SS and it seems thinner than the RH Soft. Never used Soft Touch.

I still have green yarn. I made 2 hats for the NICU and will make more till I run out of yarn. Then I have a commission from a friend who is going to be  a step grandma again. She left it all up to me. A quilt look design is speaking to me - the colors will have to jump out at me from my yarn closet, though. I DO NOT want to add to the pile!!! :haha

Have a great day. ladies!!

For those who don't know, this CAL (see link below) is where I always hang out - and have for years. It's small, and we are a great little group - we sometimes get crocheting or knitting done, too. Check it out. We always like to meet new friends! We've been active since January 2007. :manyheart

http://www.crochetvi...use-part-three/

Here is my "Ballerina cinema set for mum and daughter"

Of course i cannot wait 'till my daughter's birthday  :D  Tomorrow I'm going to take her for "Ballerina" movie so I sew two totes today and she'll get her mouse too. 

attachicon.gifballerina set.jpg

Well I have two mice  :manyheart

attachicon.gifballerina twins.jpg

Those little ballerina mice are just adorable. What a great gift idea!

Hopefully I will get my yarn today.  Yeah, I had to buy some more.  Hey you always need white and black.

Question, can you mix Red Heat Soft or Soft Touch with Canon Simply Soft?  The first two do not seem to have enough of the colors I need.  The Canon has to colors, but I don't want to do a whole afghan with that yarn, I am not a fan.  Besides I am trying to use up the Red Heart.

I often mix brands of yarn. However, the Caron Simply Soft is slightly thinner than most WW yarns, so mixing it in might be a hit or miss proposition. If my memory serves correctly, Red Heart Soft is a tiny bit thicker, and has a tighter twist. I'm not familiar with Soft Touch. I think you would need to know how each yarn washes up as well. I think you'd have to try it out to see what you think.

Apak ->your mouse set is awesome as always... :think  :eek I am always shocked by your work....

Mary Jo-> your blanket looks great that border really tied it together....and as for Knitted vs crochet I thought this was open projects page LOL.....

Another Cross post..

These baby projects are going into stash for Ooops so and so had a baby and gift asap my mom does this to me all the time....

Just Finished 2 baby sets ( the sweaters & hats I did weeks ago) but found a cute baby bootie pattern to add to the mix.....only thing left to do is sew on the buttons...

post-35509-0-91521600-1486562351_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-94512200-1486562566_thumb.jpg

Apak ->your mouse set is awesome as always... :think  :eek I am always shocked by your work....

Mary Jo-> your blanket looks great that border really tied it together....and as for Knitted vs crochet I thought this was open projects page LOL.....

Another Cross post..

These baby projects are going into stash for Ooops so and so had a baby and gift asap my mom does this to me all the time....

Just Finished 2 baby sets ( the sweaters & hats I did weeks ago) but found a cute baby bootie pattern to add to the mix.....only thing left to do is sew on the buttons...

Nice projects. I need a few "oops" gifts as well. Guess I ought to work on that!

Not much opportunity to crochet lately. Had the in laws here with us in Cabo last week. And now spending more time out and about for our last few days in Cabo before driving north. Glad to say I am missing it! But I have been reading this forum and am loving keeping up with y'alls projects! Keeps me inspired

Love the baby items! And of course Anna, that ballerina stuff! Makes me wish I was 8 years old again! Lol

So I whipped up those squares for Katy's blanket but I have to say, I'm still running empty in terms of motivation and ideas. I guess I'm just a little hooked out at the moment. I'll just sit and admire all your lovely work. :)

This week has been bizarre. Caught a cold Sunday, spent all day in bed. Suffered through school Monday, lucked out with a snow day on Tuesday (also stayed in bed resting), suffered through school today (but we had late start) and Lo! Another snow day tomorrow! What luck! The sick week and snow week happen at the same time!

Well gotta go, dinner time!

Love the sweater outfits.

Charis looks like you can sit home and get rid of that cold.

I have been working on outfits for 8" baby dolls.  I hope to finish the last one today and get pictures.

Take care everyone in the North East.  Looks like you are going to have lots of crocheting time today.

Mary Jo - I love seeing the doll outfits you make - you're so talented!

Another Cross post..

That's a great idea! I should do that too. Your baby gifts are so cute!

Mary Jo - yup...we have "weather" - though Long Island (barely NE of us) will get it worse than us from what I hear. I took a "before" pic of our yard yesterday afternoon (was outside in a t shirt!) and will take one this afternoon to share....

Third ballerina done! 

post-30828-0-39111900-1486653602_thumb.jpg  post-30828-0-21769700-1486653614_thumb.jpg

I have also finished my very first knitted scarf. It's huge and it took me 2 months to complete. But it's here. A gift from me to myself  ;)

post-30828-0-06853100-1486653699_thumb.jpg  post-30828-0-85206600-1486653708_thumb.jpg

Third ballerina done! 

attachicon.gifmyszki 4.jpg  attachicon.gifmyszka niebieska.jpg

I have also finished my very first knitted scarf. It's huge and it took me 2 months to complete. But it's here. A gift from me to myself  ;)

attachicon.gifchusta 1.jpg  attachicon.gifchusta 2 .jpg

:nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy  :nworthy

Gorgeous!!! I love the colors of the scarf, too!

Archived