To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished up the squares and some on my CAL, Dh insisted on watching the movie Spaceballs tonight...

tomorrow I am getting my haircut for " Operation let my hair go grey".... I am really kinda vein about my hair but goodness I have to color every two weeks now and  well... I get tired of worrying about roots... so grey it is....

I am seriously considering putting a blue streak in the front... being the rebel that I am... but I probably wont...

working on my Feb to do list...

Lea, I would like to stop coloring my hair, too...but too many negative votes here. I always wear makeup, regardless of my plans for the day, so a short, "let it go natural" do would work for me, for sure! I only go on FB for a couple of things, and have unfollowed/blocked 99% of the people I know or am related to....too much weirdness.

I looked through some patterns yesterday to see what I'm in the mood to play with. I have some thread patterns which I'll save for summer, as I'll do for the cotton (using simple knitting patter I want to try)....so, shawls and blanks are still on my WIM list. More patterns to look through, but I'm thinking a simple, single color baby blanket pattern to start the charity pile again. My yarn stash needs to shrink some more! I've used a pattern from Gardner's blog before and love how it comes out. 

Off to check out the tote thread!

Have a great day ladies!

Good Morning.

I still have to get the postage on the tote, so it may not go out today.

I have finished the doll and am making a granny square afghan to go with it, pictures later.

I can't finish the afghan, till I get more white.  I ran out half way thru the border.  In the mean time, I have lots of other things to make.

Hugs, to everyone :hug  :ghug  :hug 

This is what I did over the weekend.  A friend's little girl is very sick.  I decided to make her something she could cuddle and in her favorite color.

Oh I did not make the doll.  I also added a blankie to keep her dolly warm.

post-105-0-14080700-1485806464_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-71041400-1485806472_thumb.jpg

Judy,  I got about 4 inches off my hair this morning... and I love it... I am still going to have to through the skunk phase... but am really glad I made the decision.... I have a port wine stain birthmark on one cheek and neck, so make up is a must do for me... I am not bold enough to go face naked yet :P

Ratdog.... jaws is coming along nicely.... every time I see the word " shark" all I can think about is that old SNL skit with land shark..does anyone else remember that or am I dating myself??

CAL and squares up for this evening.... tomorrow I will post my Feb todo list!

I think that was about the last time SNL was funny.  That group of comedians.

I don't use make-up, never have.  Just could not seem to get it right, so I gave up.  I have pale skin with freckles, so I actually look better without.  My hair, I am not bold enough to stop coloring.  It is a pain, but it takes 45 minutes, so not to bad and a lot cheaper than the hair dresser doing it.  I also have John La Hairdresser to help. :rofl 

Well, dinner is done and cleaned up, so back to my chair.

ratdog, the shark is amazing!  :clap

Mary Jo, the doll will be cherished and surely will bring smile to the girl's face  :manyheart

On Saturday i've been to "craft meeting" - crocheting and knitting friends meet at the cafe and spend afternoon together. I like it very much. 

One of my friends was making a toy - ballerina mouse. SO CUTE! When i came home, I couldn't stop thinking of that mouse  :D So i bought the pattern and now I only have legs and shoes to fiish. My daughter will be 6 ( I can't believe it!) in March so the ballerina mouse will be a present for her birthday. I also saw some pretty fabric with ballerinas and I'm going to sew her a tote for her ballet outfit.

At the moment I even think I'll make another mouse for DD's friend, but we'll see if I don't get bored...

You can see the pattern here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ballerina-mouse-4

Anna, the mouse sounds so cute.

Lea, my hair has no body or waves.  You might as well, stick pencils to your head as have my hair.  Oh yeah, no matter how the hair dresser tries to fix it, it goes it's own way.

January 30, 2017-Getting Started Destashing Update-(using what I have on hand plan) & only buying what I need to complete a project....

1st project of the new year is a Wave Ripple Baby Blanket using 3 skeins of RHSS Red/White/Black- a few rows left and then lots of ends to weave..... ***bought 1 skein of white used coupon

2nd- Purse and hide it all bag- Done

3rd--Wave Ripple Blanket- RHSS White/Shades of Purple

***bought 1 skein of white used coupon

4 th- Granny Square blanket- Caron Simply Soft- Gray/Yellow/Blue/White- ***bought 1 skein of white

FYI Note have various projects going at one time, as I start them at work in my to go bag and then as they get bigger they become finish at home watching tv projects...

Hi peeps!

Rat dog, Shark blankie looks amazing!!

This is what I did over the weekend.  A friend's little girl is very sick.  I decided to make her something she could cuddle and in her favorite color.

Oh I did not make the doll.  I also added a blankie to keep her dolly warm.

attachicon.gifCuddle Doll000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifCuddle Doll001 (2).JPG

She is going to LOVE it! I can picture her cuddling it in her arms....You were so sweet to do it.

ratdog, the shark is amazing!  :clap

Mary Jo, the doll will be cherished and surely will bring smile to the girl's face  :manyheart

On Saturday i've been to "craft meeting" - crocheting and knitting friends meet at the cafe and spend afternoon together. I like it very much. 

One of my friends was making a toy - ballerina mouse. SO CUTE! When i came home, I couldn't stop thinking of that mouse  :D So i bought the pattern and now I only have legs and shoes to fiish. My daughter will be 6 ( I can't believe it!) in March so the ballerina mouse will be a present for her birthday. I also saw some pretty fabric with ballerinas and I'm going to sew her a tote for her ballet outfit.

At the moment I even think I'll make another mouse for DD's friend, but we'll see if I don't get bored...

You can see the pattern here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ballerina-mouse-4

That's a beautiful pattern! She'll squeal when you give it to her - and a ballerina tote, too! You're an awesome mom!

January 30, 2017-Getting Started Destashing Update-(using what I have on hand plan) & only buying what I need to complete a project....  Me too!!

1st project of the new year is a Wave Ripple Baby Blanket using 3 skeins of RHSS Red/White/Black- a few rows left and then lots of ends to weave..... ***bought 1 skein of white used coupon  

4 th- Granny Square blanket- Caron Simply Soft- Gray/Yellow/Blue/White- ***bought 1 skein of white

FYI Note have various projects going at one time, as I start them at work in my to go bag and then as they get bigger they become finish at home watching tv projects...

At times I have a lot going too - some need to be done up in my sitting room where the dogs don't go and I have more room. And I always end up having to buy more to help use stash! How on earth does that always happen? :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

I just pulled out some blue for a baby blanket - have an easy pattern, so I can watch tv while doing it ;)

January 30, 2017-Getting Started Destashing Update-(using what I have on hand plan) & only buying what I need to complete a project....

That is wonderful, looking forward to seeing this come along and how well you do... I was so proud of myslef for throwing the Hershners catalogue away without looking at it :lol

Sorry guys :rofl  could not keep from laughing.  I just finished the afghan, except for the border.  I need to get more white.  I then went thru the yarn I have and what I need for the next afghan.  I had it all in the cart, then I saw the shipping and deleted it all.

I am trying to use up yarn I have in baby, sport and ww. 

Have you gotten any squares yet Sandra?

Shark is done. I will wash it tomorrow and try and get it in the mail thursday.

Now to decide on the next project. I think i will make a few soap sacs and scrubbies while I decide. I bought the yarn for that last week.

morning peeps!

Sorry guys :rofl  could not keep from laughing.  I just finished the afghan, except for the border.  I need to get more white.  I then went thru the yarn I have and what I need for the next afghan.  I had it all in the cart, then I saw the shipping and deleted it all. Too funny! My resolution is a part of my decluttering mindset over the past year....using up all my yarn is going to take  while :lol 

I am trying to use up yarn I have in baby, sport and ww. 

Have you gotten any squares yet Sandra?

Good for you, using up stuff!!

That is wonderful, looking forward to seeing this come along and how well you do... I was so proud of myslef for throwing the Hershners catalogue away without looking at it :lol

I did the same thing!

Shark is done. I will wash it tomorrow and try and get it in the mail thursday. :clap  :clap 

Now to decide on the next project. I think i will make a few soap sacs and scrubbies while I decide. I bought the yarn for that last week.

Mindless crochet like what you have planned is a time when I often get new ideas!

Have a good, fun, and productive day, ladies!

Wow, good for you, shark and afghan ready!  :clap  :clap  :clap

Well, I'm sooo proud  :jumpyay

I made ballerina mouse and it is so cute!

The photo session is not official, because I hide the mouse now - my daughter's birthday is on March 12th. But it's hard for me, I want to give it to her now  :heart  But at least I'll wait until new fabric comes and I'll sew the tote.

post-30828-0-61992400-1485963097_thumb.jpg  post-30828-0-05326100-1485963119_thumb.jpg

Ballerina is Adorable!!

OKAY...list for Feb

CAL for ATTIC 24

3 Hearts for the coffee table bowl

2 heart potholders

2 lapghans for Memory care

1 Baby cocoon for funeral home ( matching hat)

work on nativity

various random craft projects, stick frame, 1 Christmas blanket

I made a soap sac and bath sponge for Friday night bubble bath time. They are not gifts though.

I have some work to do around the house this weekend (installing a shelf, new curtains in the bedroom, hamging pictures... little stuff).

Will think about which gift to start next. Probably the name doily for my brother and sister in law

Finished 2 outfits for 8" Lots of Love doll.  I hope to get working on a knitted one today.

I will be changing my table and tree over today, so that will take most of the day.

Well Here is the afghan done, except for the border.  I have to wait for the white yarn, I ran out, to do the border or do you think the Yellow would be better?

post-105-0-69025500-1486041809_thumb.jpg

Archived