To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

7. heart photo frame

8. snowflake photo frame

9. Christmas ball in pink

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

3. snowflake photo frame 

4. oval photo frame

5. heart photo frame

6. thread bell - pattern #2 (2x)

I'm adding just two more ornaments - not much, but seeing I can add somethink keeps me motivated  ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im proudly adding 2 clothespin angels  :cheer I feel like I haven't been making them in ages. But I love these angels. Patterns are great. Every time I start an angel I think of MY GREAT Florida FGM, who introduced clothespin angels to me and sent everything I needed to make them  :manyheart

I made the angels at my MIL while watching ski jumping - my favourite sport  :)

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

7. heart photo frame

8. snowflake photo frame

9. Christmas ball in pink

10. Clothespin angel in white, silver and pink

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

3. snowflake photo frame 

4. oval photo frame

5. heart photo frame

6. thread bell - pattern #2 (2x)

7. Clothespin angel in white, silver and red

Made about 6 granny squares today.  Just did not feel like working on the afghan, besides I was making to many mistakes on it, so decided to put it aside for the day.

I love the idea of the clothespin angels with the advent calendar.  I have an advent tree and the last ornament you put on is a red cardinal. 

I do hope we get to see them when they are done.

Have a great night.

Hi peeps!

Anna, your list looks doable!!

I will have to look at Crochet Village, but I get into trouble every time I go there.

Every one is moving right along.

I am half way finished with the afghan and I am thinking of putting a fan border on it.  What do you think?  It would be in white.

attachicon.gifAngel Hugs000 (3).JPGattachicon.gifAngel Hugs002 (2).JPG

Fan border reminds me of angel wings - perfect choice!

Made about 6 granny squares today.  Just did not feel like working on the afghan, besides I was making to many mistakes on it, so decided to put it aside for the day.

I love the idea of the clothespin angels with the advent calendar.  I have an advent tree and the last ornament you put on is a red cardinal. 

I do hope we get to see them when they are done.

Have a great night.

When I have a graph ghan going I always know when it's time to call it quits - when I start making silly mistakes. It seems like I reach that point after an hour plus of work - Our brains need a break by then, I;m guessing.

So... no work today because the preschool is closed.

The main roads near my house are closed for the parade today so i couldnt run errands if i wanted to.

There is a marathon of season 3 of The Librarians on TNT all day and I just started the next pounder skein on the shark blanket!

Comfy clothes and my comfy chair, coffee hook and yarn!

Life Is Good!

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

I have to put down the afghan again to make the next tote.  Just looking thru the old ones trying to decide on the color.  Now to go into the cotton room and see who screams the loudest.

Forgot about all the parades today.  Have to check to see if there is mail delivery.

Mary Jo - i's an official holiday: no mail delivery.

Morning peeps!

Made some more squares with my Homespun yarn yesterday. It's going to be interesting when I see how many of which colors I have so I can make a nice blanket that doesn't offend my crochet OCD :rofl

We're off to an early movie: Patriot Day.

Have a good day, ladies!

Mary Jo - I would definitely recommend Patriots Day.

If someone were to say did I like it. Well, given the subject matter, that's not a word I would use. It was very powerful and a reminder. DH is retired law enforcement, NY and Fed and it is a movie we could both identify with. Tough in spots, too. 

Hollywood has so many real life incidents they can use for scripts - and they still produce car chases, Marvel comics and the like. :no I wish they would think about we older folks more often.

I can attest to homespun being great for afghans.  I made one in different size squares and DH says it is the warmest blanket he has.  It is also so soft.

Off to work on the next tote.

I just got realized I forgot to post a picture of the scarf I made for my husband for Christmas! It's done with Tunisian hook and simple and purl stitches. The purl stitches make the diamond pattern. It turned into a lovely fabric and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

post-61033-0-18215400-1484593939_thumb.jpg

I just got realized I forgot to post a picture of the scarf I made for my husband for Christmas! It's done with Tunisian hook and simple and purl stitches. The purl stitches make the diamond pattern. It turned into a lovely fabric and I'm quite happy with how it turned out!

After 40 plus years of crocheting I haven't really made too many attempts at tunisian. That came out great!!

My mom made beautiful ghans in tunisian and cross stitched designs on them...

I think of it like a delayed stitch. You are fundamentally doing the same things in a sc that you do in a Tunisian simple stitch but just not in the same order. In SC, You draw up a loop, pull yarn through 2 loops. In Tunisian, you draw up a loop for all the stiches and pull it through all the stitches at almost the same time. I'm approximating here a little bit. Kinda funny how just changing the order of operations can really impact the final result. The simple stitch gets a little hard to work with, what with the curling, but the purl stitch doesn't curl at all.

I get geeked out when I think about the nuts and bolts of how it all works. To quote Mr. Spock, I find it "fascinating" :lol

Charis I like the scarf...pretty pattern.

My sweater is coming along. Looks like it may be big for me but I'm not starting over so if it is too big I will gift it to a family member or friend. Here is a close up of the pattern. Fairly simple but I love the open stitch.

post-79010-0-30188400-1484604254_thumb.jpg

Good morning, talented people!

I think of it like a delayed stitch. You are fundamentally doing the same things in a sc that you do in a Tunisian simple stitch but just not in the same order. In SC, You draw up a loop, pull yarn through 2 loops. In Tunisian, you draw up a loop for all the stiches and pull it through all the stitches at almost the same time. I'm approximating here a little bit. Kinda funny how just changing the order of operations can really impact the final result. The simple stitch gets a little hard to work with, what with the curling, but the purl stitch doesn't curl at all.
I get geeked out when I think about the nuts and bolts of how it all works. To quote Mr. Spock, I find it "fascinating" :lol

I smiled as I read that word and could hear Leonard Nimoy's voice. I'm such a Trekkie!  And it WAS the curling that made me put tunisian aside - though I still have the set of colorful hooks waiting for me for the next time I'm bored...lol!

Charis I like the scarf...pretty pattern.

My sweater is coming along. Looks like it may be big for me but I'm not starting over so if it is too big I will gift it to a family member or friend. Here is a close up of the pattern. Fairly simple but I love the open stitch.

All crochet projects add to our store of knowledge and increase our skill set - the one you eventually make for yourself if you do gift this one will undoubtedly be a stunner!

Yesterdays progress on the shark. The recipient is 6'4" so I have a ways to go

:rofl  :rofl

Good Morning.  Love the shark blanket and wow 6'4"  you are going to be quite busy. 

Love the pattern for your sweater.  I don't make sweaters, as they either come out to big or to small.  I stick to doll clothing.

The first side of the tote is done.  The second side is almost done, then I will move on to the sides and the handle.  It is going to be interesting.  I have yet to pick out the colors for the pocket.

I had to redo the graph I am working on for the afghan.  I need to put the halo's on and in the graph they are a pale yellow.  I had to get a close up of the halo's make sure I have a reference point and make sure I could still see the blocks, then do it in black and white.  So when I get ready to go back, I will have them.

The person I got this from is amazing with her graphs and they are free.   This is her site on FB, Free Graph Patterns

Archived