To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Oh no! That's terrible! I hope she recovers soon. I'm glad that we are putting something together for her.hopefully I can contribute. I'll wander over to that thread and check it out. Thanks for letting us know Mary Jo.

PS Judy, that blanket looks AWESOME!! I just wanna snuggle under it and never come out!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning,

I am putting aside my afghan to make some squares and get them out in the mail.  Thank you to anyone who helps.

Owlvamp and I thought granny squares were good, as she does host the Granny Square Friendship thread.

Well, up early and off to my corner.

Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

So sorry to hear about katyallen. I hope she will recover soon. I thought I could make some squares, but I guess there's no way they could get to owlvamp before 6th Feb from my place...

I made the Holy Family for my calendar. I think if I don't manage to complete two adult calendars, I'll definitely make a Family set for the other person.

I had fun crocheting baby Jesus. I showed it to my husband and said: Guess - what is it?

HE HAD NO iDEA  :lol

post-30828-0-80291700-1485532577_thumb.jpg

And here are two shepherds for my kids' calendar. Orange is not so neon blinding in reality  :D

post-30828-0-01606700-1485532682_thumb.jpg

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

7. heart photo frame

8. snowflake photo frame

9. Christmas ball in pink

10. Dutch heart 

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

3. snowflake photo frame 

4. oval photo frame

5. heart photo frame

6. thread bell - pattern #2 (2x)

7. Big Christmas ball lacy cover

8. Pineapple ball cover (2x)

9. Dutch heart in thread

10. Joseph

11. Mary

12. Baby Jesus

Oh I forgot about one thing. When my friend saw it for the first time, she was sitting opposite me, so she saw it upside down. She asked: What is it? PANTS???

Since then I call it the same  :lol

In fact it is kind of yarn organiser. You put yarn inside, place IT on your forearm and crochet! There's no way yarn could escape  ;)  One of my friend uses it everytime we meet for crocheting together in the cafe. It's very useful, because tables are usually full of our projects, cakes and coffees. It keeps work clean and safe, and is very light.

I was gifted with such organiser - my aunt bought one on craft market. SO I studied it and analysed carefully - and sew my own. I'm going to sew more for my friends. You can turn it inside out so you can use two patterns of fabric and change. But for this one I used just one, because I couldn't decide on the second.

post-30828-0-45468200-1485538434_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the thought anyway Anna.

I love the figures you made.  Is that a walnut shell you are using for the cradle? I love the way you use unusual things to make your stuff look great.

Love the yarn organizer. 

I love the figures you made.  Is that a walnut shell you are using for the cradle? I love the way you use unusual things to make your stuff look great.

Yes, that's a walnut shell  :lol  I was wondering what I could use for the cradle and decided on walnut shell, just because it was at hand. And the baby is so small that fits it perfectly  :D (Like in Thumbelina story)

Sorry about that Judianne, but I am enjoy this warm weather.  For 41 years, being a January Baby, I celebrated in the snow, ice and cold weather.  It is a pleasure to celebrate this 67th year wearing shorts and t- shirts.  Sorry my friends up North. I'm just a tad older than you, but still like being colder rather than hotter. In my case, though, I think it's the way my body reacts to the heat. I can feel quite sick, esp if its humid.

I thought I would mention this on this thread.  For those of you who know her katyallen8090 has been off the Ville for quite a while.  We found out she was in the hospital and is still pretty sick.  She had an infection that went septic.

Anyway, for anyone who would like to help, we are collecting 8", any color blue granny squares.  owlvamp is going to sew it together.  You can pm her for her address.  We would like to have them by Feb. 6th.

I am not sure how many of you are on the Granny Square thread, or happen to know her, but I thought you would like to know.

I don't know her, Mary Jo - that's so scary!! I hope she gets well - and quickly.

So sorry to hear about katyallen. I hope she will recover soon. I thought I could make some squares, but I guess there's no way they could get to owlvamp before 6th Feb from my place...

I made the Holy Family for my calendar. I think if I don't manage to complete two adult calendars, I'll definitely make a Family set for the other person.

I had fun crocheting baby Jesus. I showed it to my husband and said: Guess - what is it?

HE HAD NO iDEA  :lol

attachicon.gifrodzina.jpg

And here are two shepherds for my kids' calendar. Orange is not so neon blinding in reality  :D

attachicon.gifpasterze.jpg

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

7. heart photo frame

8. snowflake photo frame

9. Christmas ball in pink

10. Dutch heart 

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

3. snowflake photo frame 

4. oval photo frame

5. heart photo frame

6. thread bell - pattern #2 (2x)

7. Big Christmas ball lacy cover

8. Pineapple ball cover (2x)

9. Dutch heart in thread

10. Joseph

11. Mary

12. Baby Jesus

Very, very  cute!

Oh I forgot about one thing. When my friend saw it for the first time, she was sitting opposite me, so she saw it upside down. She asked: What is it? PANTS???

In fact it is kind of yarn organiser. You put yarn inside, place IT on your forearm and crochet! There's no way yarn could escape  ;)  One of my friend uses it everytime we meet for crocheting together in the cafe. It's very useful, because tables are usually full of our projects, cakes and coffees. It keeps work clean and safe, and is very light.

I was gifted with such organiser - my aunt bought one on craft market. SO I studied it and analysed carefully - and sew my own. I'm going to sew more for my friends. You can turn it inside out so you can use two patterns of fabric and change. But for this one I used just one, because I couldn't decide on the second.

attachicon.giforganizer.jpg

That is so cute!! Great idea...

Alrighty..... January:

No birthdays or holidays

at least 2-4 hats for the homeless ministry ( 1 hat done)

an afghan for Memory Care unit

baby ghan for charity

Bailey has inspired me, after having the pattern for the last a billion years I am going to go the nativity.... I'll start with Mary and Joesph

1 cross stitch pattern I need to finish

a cal I have joined at Attic24

finish 1 WIP

Alrighty, here are the updates..... I can not find my nativity pattern ANYWHERE grrr... so I need to get kickin on that, I am working on a X stitch pattern... but not enjoying it so I give myself permission to put it up...  Going to work on the WIP this weekend and come up with a list for Feb!

Anna, have I asked before what pattern you used for the Holy Family?

I don't use any pattern. I have those wooden figures to use and I just crochet and check if it fits.

Here are some free patterns:

http://www.5littlemonsters.com/2015/11/crocheted-nativity-set.html#more

http://latorredicotone.com/vita-da-mamme/nativity-crochet-free-patterns/

http://www.whistleandivy.com/2016/11/crochet-nativity-mini-cal.html

and Red Heart has one, too.

Wow everyone is really moving along on their list.  I don't even have the first one done.

Good Morning on this cool crisp morning here in Florida.  We were down to 51 when I got up this morning and not suppose to be higher than 56-58. 

Today I hope to get started on the border for the afghan, then I can move on to other stuff.  I love what everyone is showing.

Hey Anna, Tampa Guy asked me the same thing about your figures.  What pattern?  I said I don't think she is using one.  Very cute.

Hi peeps....

I don't use any pattern. I have those wooden figures to use and I just crochet and check if it fits.

Here are some free patterns:

http://www.5littlemonsters.com/2015/11/crocheted-nativity-set.html#more

http://latorredicotone.com/vita-da-mamme/nativity-crochet-free-patterns/

http://www.whistleandivy.com/2016/11/crochet-nativity-mini-cal.html

and Red Heart has one, too.

lovely patterns! Thank you so much for the links! They're saved on my laptop :D

Mary Jo off to check your newest tote!

I have a boo boo on the side of the tip of my left index finger....new bread knife plus a very crusty bread equals....a mess for someone on blood thinners. 

TG we still have liquid bandage in the house. That plus a tightly wrapped bandaid should help. No hook time for me today, needless to say.

I'm here, and doing ok. The liquid bandage has been good, and the bleeding stopped much faster than I thought it would. After I shower tonight I'll put another thick bandaid on it - nice and snug, but it's been ok so far. Hubby is afraid to leave me alone ...lol.

Yesterday I used the same bread knife to cut up a roll and three bagels for the freezer...go figure!

attachicon.giforganizer.jpg

Great organizer!!! I love bags. That is awesome...

Wow everyone is really moving along on their list.  I don't even have the first one done.

Good Morning on this cool crisp morning here in Florida.  We were down to 51 when I got up this morning and not suppose to be higher than 56-58. 

Today I hope to get started on the border for the afghan, then I can move on to other stuff.  I love what everyone is showing.

Hey Anna, Tampa Guy asked me the same thing about your figures.  What pattern?  I said I don't think she is using one.  Very cute.

Mary Jo, I don't have even the first one done yet either. I was finishing up my list from last year ... :eek Now I have to take a break from crocheting to get Little Tribbles Valentine box done for school. I'm making it out of plastic canvas. This is my first plastic canvas project. Wish me luck!!! LOL

Judy, goodness.... back away from the bread knife!!!  Chris won't let me saw on things either... I have a better track record then he does...oh well...

The border should go quickly MJ...

I am crocheting squares for Katy and working on the CAL today...  DH is  waaay to wrapped up in arguing with folks on facebook... he really needs a hobby LOL....

Hi, peeps!

Still in one piece here...lol! Too much to do today, so no hook time scheduled...though that doesn't mean I can't browse patterns :devil

Have a good day, everyone! :tup

Still working on my sweater. Not doing a lot on it since we have been sightseeing. But, I'm getting close (12 rows away) to starting the sleeve section. Should be interesting and a big learning experience.

Judy - hope your finger is feeling better and you are back to crocheting soon.

Glad to hear you are still with us Judy.

Fingers crossed with the plastic canvas.  That eludes me.

Lea, I understand where Chris is at, you can really get caught up in that.  Alls I can say is that it is a good thing I am not on twitter.

I just watch Ghostbusters, the new one, and found it funny.  I am also making a dress for a doll for a little one who is not feeling very good right now.

The tote is packed up and ready to go.

Archived