To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Way to go everyone.  I am finished the tote and a hotpad to go with it.  Today I am making something else to go with the tote.  I feel like I am not making much progress.

Once I finish the afghan, I can relax and move on faster.

I had a feeling he would like it.  Dh grabbed the one I made and loves how soft and warm it is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay for progress updates!!

That's what we're here for...

The purple and black ghan I made is in the donate pile. DH loves how soft the Homespun squares are and wants us to keep that on - to the point where he went to Michaels with me to get a bit more yarn to make it bigger :faint

You got your husband to buy you more yarn? Wow! Good job Judy!! :lol

I made no progress on the shark blanket. I have been working all week lastnweek and again this week.

I want to crochet a white carnation for my husband for valentines day. A white carnation was the first gift he ever gave me just before we started dating. .... to corny?

Not corny at all.  I love it, but I am a sappy romantic.

Good morning everyone.  It has cooled down and the sun is playing peek a boo.

The tote and all it's extras are done.  Today after we come back from the store, I will go back to the afghan.

Off to see what trouble I can get into.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

I made two hearts for my calendars. Smaller one is made in thread and I found a pattern at alipyper.com. (Danish Heart Crochet Pattern)

But there are many sc to make (too many  :D ) so I made my own version with dcs. The bigger heart is made of cotton yarn and has four stripes, not three. But I like them both. I think I'll put some sweets in it.

And they are cute idea for Valentine's Day  :manyheart

post-30828-0-30918400-1485180707_thumb.jpg

Advent calendar - kids:

1. mini sock

2. snowman ornament

3. elf ornament

4. first shepherd for Nativity (mom shepherd)

5. child shepherd

6. a candy cane

7. heart photo frame

8. snowflake photo frame

9. Christmas ball in pink

10. Dutch heart 

Advent calendar - "adult"

1. mini sock (2x)

2. thread bell (2x)

3. snowflake photo frame 

4. oval photo frame

5. heart photo frame

6. thread bell - pattern #2 (2x)

7. Big Christmas ball lacy cover

8. Pineapple ball cover (2x)

9. Dutch heart in thread

Morning, peeps!

I'm on to the border for the Homespun ghan! Hopefully today....

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the new tote, Mary Jo!

Keep those hooks smoking!

Good Morning,

Up early this morning and hopefully I will be moving along with the afghan today. 

The tote will be posted probably Sat. or Sun.  I just noticed the purple/blue looks green in the picture.  There is no green on the tote, except for the leaves on the flower.

Great hearts Anna.

Have a great day to everyone and lots of hugs all around :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Looks like you guys are getting a good start on the day. We had a nasty little nor'easter come through last night so school is off today! Woo hoo! Seriously, I didn't really sleep that well because I could hear the sleet on the window all night. So I kept wondering about a late start. Then I got the call for no school! What a pleasant surprise!

I'm going to watch the new episode of Victoria and then I thinking I'll pull out some yarn. I acquired some knitting needles a while back so I think I'm going to try to teach myself how to knit! We'll see.....

Hi everyone.  Moving right along with the afghan.  The girls on the front are done.  One halo to finish and lots of letters to do yet.

It is always good to get a surprised day off.  Have fun.

Travel day today....

I finished  5 squares  for the memory ghan and about 5 double rows on the CAL ghan....

free day tomorrow so I hope to follow my day off  schedule.... crochet, clean, crochet clean, crochet clean....

:)

I made no progress on the shark blanket. I have been working all week lastnweek and again this week.

I want to crochet a white carnation for my husband for valentines day. A white carnation was the first gift he ever gave me just before we started dating. .... to corny?

Not corny at all, it's thoughtful and romantic.

I made two hearts for my calendars. Smaller one is made in thread and I found a pattern at alipyper.com. (Danish Heart Crochet Pattern)

But there are many sc to make (too many  :D ) so I made my own version with dcs. The bigger heart is made of cotton yarn and has four stripes, not three. But I like them both. I think I'll put some sweets in it.

And they are cute idea for Valentine's Day  :manyheart

attachicon.gifdutch hearts.jpg

[color

Those hearts are adorable!

Good Morning. 

Down to just black and white on the afghan.  Can't wait to get to the boarder.

Everyone sounds so busy. 

Well, off to check out the rest of the Ville, then to my corner.

Hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Love the afghan and I am sure it will be mighty warm when it get real cold.

On the last 2 words on the afghan the ARE and ALL.  I keep adding to my list.

Have a great day everyone.

Finished the calyx for the carnation. Bought wire and floral tape to put the whole thing together as well as a box and ribbon to wrap it up.

Ratdog... do you sleep ????LOL... I love hearing about your work! You motivate me!

Sorry about that Judianne, but I am enjoy this warm weather.  For 41 years, being a January Baby, I celebrated in the snow, ice and cold weather.  It is a pleasure to celebrate this 67th year wearing shorts and t- shirts.  Sorry my friends up North.

I thought I would mention this on this thread.  For those of you who know her katyallen8090 has been off the Ville for quite a while.  We found out she was in the hospital and is still pretty sick.  She had an infection that went septic.

Anyway, for anyone who would like to help, we are collecting 8", any color blue granny squares.  owlvamp is going to sew it together.  You can pm her for her address.  We would like to have them by Feb. 6th.

I am not sure how many of you are on the Granny Square thread, or happen to know her, but I thought you would like to know.

Archived