To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like C2C crochet, but I don't know how to change colors. I should learn!  :D

I have to tell you I felt soooo proud today!

The winter break at school has just finished, During the break I organized crochet workshops, because one student ASKED ME TO TEACH HER how to make crochet owls. I'm always happy when someone wants to learn - especially that nowadays kids are not so eager to crochet.

Today at school 3 girls brought what they made last week. One made a mug cover. Her sister made 2 owls, an octopus and a heart. Third one had a tote full of her projects: an owl, a mug cover, a butterfly, a flower, a heart and a big snail. 

I was sooo happy and proud. In moments like that you know it's worth to work with kids  :manyheart

I like C2C crochet, but I don't know how to change colors. I should learn!  :D

I have to tell you I felt soooo proud today!

The winter break at school has just finished, During the break I organized crochet workshops, because one student ASKED ME TO TEACH HER how to make crochet owls. I'm always happy when someone wants to learn - especially that nowadays kids are not so eager to crochet.

Today at school 3 girls brought what they made last week. One made a mug cover. Her sister made 2 owls, an octopus and a heart. Third one had a tote full of her projects: an owl, a mug cover, a butterfly, a flower, a heart and a big snail. 

I was sooo happy and proud. In moments like that you know it's worth to work with kids  :manyheart

what wonderful encouragement for you! :cheer

Apak--> great story I taught my adult daughter to crochet to keep her from being bored...and she taught herself to knit as well...

Mary Jo- I am so jealous you can make a  C2C blanket,that is above my brain power.... :think 

Cross-post....

Just finished this 3T little girl shell tunic and I modified a baby bloomer pattern to get these cute shorts to go with it...

post-35509-0-35933900-1487117829_thumb.jpg

Anna that is so great that they love the crochet so much.  Our middle school here has a class for crochet.

Jayashiangel that is an adorable outfit.

I finished one panel of the c2c afghan.  As soon as I get a picture I will post it.  I am hoping to go to Joann's for some yarn.  I refuse to spend $5.99 for one skein of yarn.

Have a great day and hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Apak--> great story I taught my adult daughter to crochet to keep her from being bored...and she taught herself to knit as well...

Mary Jo- I am so jealous you can make a  C2C blanket,that is above my brain power.... :think 

Cross-post....

Just finished this 3T little girl shell tunic and I modified a baby bloomer pattern to get these cute shorts to go with it...

What a cute outfit!

I finally got a picture of the first panel of the c2c afghan.  This was my first time changing colors.

I have to wait for some colors to come in, before I do another one.  In the mean time I will be working on a doll to go with the other afghan.

post-105-0-35499500-1487172078_thumb.jpg

Cross-post....

adorable!!!

I finally got a picture of the first panel of the c2c afghan.  This was my first time changing colors.

I have to wait for some colors to come in, before I do another one.  In the mean time I will be working on a doll to go with the other afghan.

attachicon.gifHedge Hog (2).JPG

That's really cute!!!! You did a great job changing colors!

I have the doll done, working on the dress today.  I have made it with joint thingys, so the arms and legs move very easily. 

Tomorrow I should get some of my yarn, and I will be able to do another panel in my c2c afghan.

I found a booklet I had on making animal pillows and decided to do one that looks like an owl for gs #3, kinda random.... aggrevated a couple hernias I have picking up the grand the other day so I have spent the day with feet propped and hook in hand!!

Can't wait to see the doll MJ...

Just found out my niece is expecting in Sept.... More baby things to hook on the horizon!!

So cute you guys! Baby clothes and the cutest hedge hog!

We had a lovely little snow storm last night which added 7" to our 2-ish feet of snow already on the ground. Stuck to everything and was gorgeous this morning! And I got a late start from school so sleeping in is fun!

post-61033-0-98629200-1487298010_thumb.jpg

Archived