To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Hi, ladies!

Mary Jo - you are a whirlwind! I can't wait to see your hedgehog and the completed ghan!

I'm also looking forward to some "foxy" items that might be being made!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MARY JO--> Those blankets you keep whipping out look wonderful....

ApaK-> Mouse Bride and Groom would be great can't wait to see those pictures either yes time fly when you have kids mine turned 25 in DEC

I am currently still working on my granny square blanket as well as another Doll Carrier for an employee at work's daughter....

Got my New storage shed outside over the weekend!!!! so over the next few weeks/months I will be major house cleaning (mind you I have all my boxes in my house that must be gone thru since I moved in years ago (the previous shed leaked) I will be  (keep/toss/donating) so I have lots of work to do super spring cleaning.....so crocheting will be a little limited during this major house cleaning and organized transition time...

MARY JO--> Those blankets you keep whipping out look wonderful....

ApaK-> Mouse Bride and Groom would be great can't wait to see those pictures either yes time fly when you have kids mine turned 25 in DEC

I am currently still working on my granny square blanket as well as another Doll Carrier for an employee at work's daughter....

Got my New storage shed outside over the weekend!!!! so over the next few weeks/months I will be major house cleaning (mind you I have all my boxes in my house that must be gone thru since I moved in years ago (the previous shed leaked) I will be  (keep/toss/donating) so I have lots of work to do super spring cleaning.....so crocheting will be a little limited during this major house cleaning and organized transition time...

good luck with the work in the house! I've been in decluttering mode off and on for the past year. Today I finished working on the yarn barf in the closet in my sitting room (an unused bedroom). I don't need to buy any yarn for at least a year! It feels so good to simplify.

Had the strangest sort of day,

laid out 10 ( don't judge) WIP and would work a 1/2 on one, do a half hour of spring cleaning, then to the next one... etc... I am on the last project now... only finished one..but got a bunch done... but now I am exhausted!!!!!!

and now you all are throwing out all these ideas I need to do..... I better be buried with a crochet , yarn and my patterns!!

laid out 10 ( don't judge) WIP and would work a 1/2 on one, do a half hour of spring cleaning, then to the next one... etc... I am on the last project now... only finished one..but got a bunch done... but now I am exhausted!!!!!!

and now you all are throwing out all these ideas I need to do..... I better be buried with a crochet , yarn and my patterns!!

This is the way I normally clean. LOL. I work a bit on a project, then wash dishes, then project... etc... LOL It works for me

Here is the link for Harold the Hedgehog.  http://www.redheart.co.uk/free-patterns/harold-hedgehog

I am still looking at that Harold and I know who would just LOVE that LOL. Pandy would love that very much (Pandy is my daughter cat). I just would have to make that smaller using WW yarn so would go a lot faster. Pandy destroys her crochet toys very quickly so it would not make any sense to put a lot of work in to that.  She licks her crochet toys to "death"!. Her tongue works like a little brush on that yarn. After few days it will turn to a very looong hair  ball , and would be hard to figure it out what that was from the begging..? LOL.

Krys

Congratulations on reducing your WIPs by one!

Great news on the wips.  They are sometimes so hard to get back to.  That is the way I do things.  I work a little then crochet a little.  It is surprising how much you can get done that way.

Anyone thinking of doing Harold, I have to warn you, it is written in British terms.  So a DC is really a sc and so on.

I am still working on Harold.  When he is done, I will get a picture of the afghan and Harold.

The sun is out, we are about 70 and going up to 80.

Have a great day and lots of hugs. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

So good to hear you're working on WIPs! And if I laid out my UFOs (UnFinished Objects), including x st....I might give you a run for your money...loL!  I tend to do a little something constructive around the house before sitting with my hook - if I didn't do that I would feel guilty :lol

Hi, ladies!

Just checking in: been working on the basket today. The body of it is a Pounder of Taupe with a peek a book color on the sides of Turqua. I was going to use three colors but decided to use just the one. I like the look - despite the fact that taupe is one of the colors I have a hard time discerning. I have the same trouble with some brands of gray yarn too. I'm much safer using bright colors! :lol

Have a good night everyone! :manyheart

I have not been on much as it has taken me 3 days to make the hair for the hedgehog.  Finally finished it last night, now I just have to sew it on.  This should be fun.

Off to do the taxes this morning.  I think I better brace myself with some coffee first.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thought you might like to see the Harold the Hedgehog and the animal afghan for the American Legion that I was  working on.

Harold's hair took about 3 days.  So if you decided to do him, he will take a while.

post-105-0-16848800-1489257624_thumb.jpg Harold

post-105-0-46414400-1489257663_thumb.jpgThe afghan

Harold and his afghan gif  Afghan in progress

Hi peeps!

I have not been on much as it has taken me 3 days to make the hair for the hedgehog.  Finally finished it last night, now I just have to sew it on.  This should be fun.

Off to do the taxes this morning.  I think I better brace myself with some coffee first.Did you finish your taxes?? Ours are simple now, but I detest doing them!

Hope everyone is doing well.

We're freezing our patooties off here! :lol And now we're waiting to see if we get the 12 inches of snow that is heading in out direction Monday night into Tuesday. Nor'easter....

Thought you might like to see the Harold the Hedgehog and the animal afghan for the American Legion that I was  working on.

Harold's hair took about 3 days.  So if you decided to do him, he will take a while.​I would have run off screaming in the middle of it  - but only after I tossed the project and pattern into the woods!

attachicon.gifSP C2C & Harold01.JPG Harold He is cute!

attachicon.gifSP C2C & Harold.JPGThe afghan And I adore the ghan. It should raffle off for a pretty penny!

And Mary, Jo - taking a pic of Harold with the ghan was a great idea - shows how big he really is. You did a fantastic job!

Here's a hastily taken pic of my basket. I poured my bucket of leftover balls of yarn into it to hold it up. I also used a larger hook (didn't want to hurt my hands) so it's bigger than the pattern calls for: 12 inches in diameter and a bit over 8 inches high. Again, taupe in Caron Pounder and RHSS Turqua.

post-8552-0-30540000-1489268842_thumb.jpg

Harold's hair took about 3 days.  So if you decided to do him, he will take a while.

Herold looks great!:) and blanket is beautiful.

Krys

Finally had time to get back to the scarf I was making with variegated yarn. Finished it and it is gorgeous. I wanted to try color pooling but realized that this yarn was not suited to that technique, so I found a pattern that uses the same stitch as color pooling but says not to have color pooling.

DH says he thinks it's the prettiest thing I've ever made. I decided while making it to give it to my aunt/godmother, it was her birthday a few weeks ago. Since then I learned that she recently had a histerectomy and they found cancer. Still in limbo waiting for the next move, only found out this week. So I'm even more convinced that this scarf is for her, just to brighten up her day.

post-61033-0-53406400-1489291376_thumb.jpg

post-61033-0-58074400-1489291393_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifSP C2C & Harold01.JPG Harold

attachicon.gifSP C2C & Harold.JPGThe afghan

mary Jo, that's sooo cute! The afghan is stunning and Harold looks great, too. Congrats on his hair... :cheer

Here's a hastily taken pic of my basket. I poured my bucket of leftover balls of yarn into it to hold it up. I also used a larger hook (didn't want to hurt my hands) so it's bigger than the pattern calls for: 12 inches in diameter and a bit over 8 inches high. Again, taupe in Caron Pounder and RHSS Turqua.

So cute basket!  :clap

Finally had time to get back to the scarf I was making with variegated yarn. Finished it and it is gorgeous. I wanted to try color pooling but realized that this yarn was not suited to that technique, so I found a pattern that uses the same stitch as color pooling but says not to have color pooling.

DH says he thinks it's the prettiest thing I've ever made. I decided while making it to give it to my aunt/godmother, it was her birthday a few weeks ago. Since then I learned that she recently had a histerectomy and they found cancer. Still in limbo waiting for the next move, only found out this week. So I'm even more convinced that this scarf is for her, just to brighten up her day.

The scarf is pretty. There's never enough to cheer someone up - it will be great gift!

My daughter got her birthday "little sister mouse" and was delighted.  :manyheart I have to take a photo. but you know, the kids have never enough... "Mum, I'd like one more in a white dress"...  :lol

Thanks, ladies!

Charis, yes, I would agree with you - that scarf is warm and cheerful looking  - perfect for her. :yes

Anna, your DD sounds so sweet :manyheart

Rat dog, the lapghans are going to be so appreciated :hug

I had cervical cancer in 2008, so if they caught it .. things should be fine....

I still have the lovely afghan the ladies of the Ville made me  that year...it is on my bed... and I feel like I have been hugged every time I look at it  the scarf will be woinderful

Thanks! Yeah, not sure of her specifics yet. Glad you all like the scarf!

Cue Jaws music, duh-nuh! A big nor'easter is headed our way Tuesday!!

Good Morning.

I am finally pulling my head out from under the squares.  I have made 12 to go out to different friends, all colors.

Love the scarf, that is so pretty and I am sure it will mean a lot to her.

The basket is so pretty.

Thank you all for the compliments on the hedgehog and the afghan.  Now to try and think up some Kitchen stuff to send up.

Be careful all you to be hit with the Nor'easter.  Make sure you have plenty of yarn.

Well off to work on my Easter dolls.

Hugs, all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Archived