To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks ladies!

Ray dog, it's not a tricky pattern at all - I got it from this book   https://www.amazon.com/Baskets-All-Annies-ebook/dp/B018DWGI0C/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490562498&sr=1-1&keywords=baskets+for+all

Since this was the third time I made it all I had to really pay attention to was when I made the base of the basket ,so the stitch count would be on target. Once I got to the sides I didn't need the pattern book.

BTW: a while back (I was thinking of making prayer shawls at the time) a neighbor gave me a list of colors and what they meant. That's how I picked the colors for the basket - I'll include the meanings on an index card for Aly, so she'll realize what I see in her as well as be encouraged.

Ratdog, love the shawl and the cloth.

Jayasangel, I love the blanket and the rabbits are just adorable.

Judy love the basket, it is so colorful. 

Hey the Yankees are down here now across the bay from us.  Ugh I thought you had better taste than the Rangers.  Lightning and Flyer fan here.

Well that is enough for right now.

Hugs all around.

Hi peeps!

Ratdog, love the shawl and the cloth.

Jayasangel, I love the blanket and the rabbits are just adorable.

Judy love the basket, it is so colorful. Thanks!

Hey the Yankees are down here now across the bay from us. Yup - I know...would be wonderful to see them there in person.! Ugh I thought you had better taste than the Rangers.Rangers are by default...lol. When I met and married hubby that was his team and since I knew NOTHING about hockey at all, I received my education in hockey watching games with him. It stuck.  Lightning and Flyer fan here.Some big trades between Lightning and Rangers over the past few years!  Flyers...all I remember watching them is the fights and Bobby Clark's toothless smile! 

Well that is enough for right now.

Hugs all around.Back at ya!

Judy can you share the color meanings?

No problem at all. I'll retrieve the card with all the info and share it tomorrow...

Hey I am 67 and I still get an Easter Basket.

I have finished bunny #2 Miss Purple.  I added 2 sc to the ears and stretched them when I starched them.

attachicon.gifEaster Bunny Purple002 (2).JPGattachicon.gifEaster Bunny Purple004 (2).JPG

Perfect ears!   I love your work, MJ! 

I love everyones completed projects!!! They are all awesome. I am still working on Little Tribbles cross stitch and a couple of flat rat bookmarks he requested :)

Thanks for the color codes.

The prayer cloth and shawl for my husband is blue

The one for my oldest son is red (he needs to find energy and passion for his next step)

And the one for my yonger son is orange, his favorite color and he is an enthusiastic child!

I am adding medals of patron saints and charms to represent interests and career

Mary Jo - how is the April tote coming?? Looking forward to seeing the colors that begged to be used for this one!

The tote has been done for over a week now.  It is sitting in the other room waiting for an address.  I may have to change who is getting it this month.

I am now working on a Belly Dancing Bunny.  It is almost done.

It is from the pattern Sugar Bunnies to Crochet.  If you look at the back page, you will see the belly dancer in the lower right corner.

Mine is done is thread, so it is smaller that the original 13 1/2 inches.

The tote has been done for over a week now.  It is sitting in the other room waiting for an address.  I may have to change who is getting it this month.It's hard to get the addresses - I remember...lol!

It is from the pattern Sugar Bunnies to Crochet.  If you look at the back page, you will see the belly dancer in the lower right corner.

I laughed out loud when I saw the belly dancing bunny! That's going to be so cute!

Thanks for the color codes.

The prayer cloth and shawl for my husband is blue

The one for my oldest son is red (he needs to find energy and passion for his next step)

And the one for my yonger son is orange, his favorite color and he is an enthusiastic child!

I am adding medals of patron saints and charms to represent interests and career

Wonderful idea... I just placed a large order to Sees candy for my grown kiddos, Ethan's birthday is the day before  Easter  so we took their Easter gift down today ( not the pillows) because they will get so much stuff on Easter since they have  grandparents  flying in from AL and TX I am stepping aside for the egg hunt so they can have time with the other  grammy.... I can't be a grand hog...

The tote has been done for over a week now.  It is sitting in the other room waiting for an address.  I may have to change who is getting it this month.

Don't laugh, but the bunny with the box you made for me last year is sitting on the back of the toilet  int he guest bath, Chris said it just makes him smile when he goes in there!

These are the prayer cloths for my sons.

I will add St Paul, St Barbara (patron saint of mathemeticians) and Our Lady of Perpetual Help medals to the red one.

I will add medals of Our Lady of Perpetual Help and an asl i love you sign (for St Jerome patron saint of interpreters) to the orange one.

post-23494-0-86650600-1490870961_thumb.jpg

The prayer cloths are really nice.

Hey, Lea, you statement of where you put the bunny cracked me up. 

Hoping to finish up my new bunny today.  I have a lot of (UGH) sewing to do on her, so fingers crossed.

These are the prayer cloths for my sons.

I will add St Paul, St Barbara (patron saint of mathemeticians) and Our Lady of Perpetual Help medals to the red one.

I will add medals of Our Lady of Perpetual Help and an asl i love you sign (for St Jerome patron saint of interpreters) to the orange one.

What a wonderful thing to do....such thoughtful gifts.

The prayer cloths are really nice.

Hey, Lea, you statement of where you put the bunny cracked me up. 

Hoping to finish up my new bunny today.  I have a lot of (UGH) sewing to do on her, so fingers crossed.

I know it's going to be a fun bunny! Can't wait!

Archived