To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Well we've been upgraded to Blizzard warning for all day tomorrow. I think DH has all the equipment he'll need to work remotely so he doesn't have to drive his usual hour commute. We are expecting 12-20". My next projects will be some thread crosses and I'm excited to get a day to work on them! Although before I can have fun with that, I HAVE to tackle some piles in the house. They are getting out of hand! 

Well I'm off to rehearsal. My choir is performing Beethoven's 9th symphony with other area choirs and local orchestra this weekend. Tonight's our first orchestra rehearsal! Should be interesting. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Yeah, not sure of her specifics yet. Glad you all like the scarf!

Cue Jaws music, duh-nuh! A big nor'easter is headed our way Tuesday!!

At least it's March - next week we expect 40 degree weather here in NJ. We may get quite a bit - we're just across the bay from NYC, which is under a blizzard warning. 

Mary Jo, Books are on hand too...lol! I'm ready!

Pretty stitch pattern on the basket. I'm not sure I've seen that one before.

Thanks! The contrasting color is worked in ....hmmmm....was it sc or hdc....I can't remember. But to make the shadow box look it's FPDC to hide to aqua for a few rows then hdc in aqua for a few rows all around. A simple sequence on the rows once you get going. It's from a booklet on making baskets. All are cute! 

Been a very busy work weekend (Sat-Tuesday) I am off work and resting now :O) ie crocheting....

Over the weekend I finished this outfit to go along with the shades of purple baby blanket that I previously made...my mom plans to gift it to a co-worker.......

post-35509-0-92303900-1489529688_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-49424100-1489529717_thumb.jpg

Good Morning.  How did everyone make out?  My family in South Jersey got lucky?  They got mostly rain and unfortunately ice.  No Snow.

Love the outfit to go with the purple afghan.

Here is my latest.  Meet Ester.  She is all dressed up in her Easter finest and also sitting next to Belle.  Oh and her panties are also striped.

post-105-0-48560400-1489580642_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-38566500-1489580651_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-65336000-1489580661_thumb.jpg

I am working on Their sister Violet.  These are knitted with size 2 needle and size 1 yarn.

Mary Jo - adorable doll outfits!!!  

We got a few inches of snow - followed by ice. I went out in the yard to clean up popsicles early this AM and my boots never sank through the ice! Still very cold - looking forward the 40's soon.

Been working on a blue baby ghan. 2/3rds finished, I'm thinking.

MJ... Love her....

Her is a picture of the Moorland ghan I finished, and two of the pillows for Easter... the owl is for Ethan and the Monkey is for Wyatt... I have one more to do for Jacob.......

post-497-0-30470700-1489707739_thumb.jpg

Good Morning.  How did everyone make out?  My family in South Jersey got lucky?  They got mostly rain and unfortunately ice.  No Snow.

Here is my latest.  Meet Ester.  She is all dressed up in her Easter finest and also sitting next to Belle.  Oh and her panties are also striped.

attachicon.gifBaby Ester001 (2).JPGattachicon.gifBelle & Ester.JPGattachicon.gifBaby Ester004 (2).JPG

I am working on Their sister Violet.  These are knitted with size 2 needle and size 1 yarn.

Mary Jo your babies are so cute!

hi ladies!

Here's the baby ghan for a little one who had surgery a few days ago

Cute ghan. I am sure he will love it!

MJ... Love her....

Her is a picture of the Moorland ghan I finished, and two of the pillows for Easter... the owl is for Ethan and the Monkey is for Wyatt... I have one more to do for Jacob.......

pretty ghan, love the pillows!

That blanket is so pretty! What stich is it? If this pattern doesn't come up with a picture, you can find it on Cindy's blog: www.gardner'sramblings.blogspot.com

It's the Peek-a-Boo Banket pattern.

Just alternating rows of easy stitches: DC on one row and 3 DC in a stitch, skipping others between. I was using RHSS so went down to an H hook so the gaps in the pattern would be smaller.

MJ... Love her....

What great work, Lea!! Pillows are so cute! I've been watching the CAL for the Moorland Ghan and it's a really nice pattern.

hi ladies!

Love the afghan.  So pretty.

MJ... Love her....

Those pillows are adorable. 

Everyone is really moving along.

I finished the last outfit today.  Yes, it is a Bunny.

So here is Bobby the Bunny and Violet in her purple dress.  They are 5" baby dolls made with size 2 needle and size 1 yarn.

post-105-0-55428500-1489775658_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-27265300-1489775669_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-10420100-1489775680_thumb.jpg

Babies are adorable,  sat down today to crochet and ..ahem... fell asleep listening to an audio book....

Now that we have had dinner and I am rested, I might have at it again!!

Judy, nice work on the blankie, I feel so bad for littles that have to have surgery...

Babies are adorable,  sat down today to crochet and ..ahem... fell asleep listening to an audio book....

Now that we have had dinner and I am rested, I might have at it again!!

Judy, nice work on the blankie, I feel so bad for littles that have to have surgery...

This happens to me ALL the time. I am forever trying to crochet and wake up having lost my hook down the couch! :(

MJ... Love her....

Lea, I love those pillows! Are there patterns on Ravelry? Might be a good gift for some of my nephews...

Things are good here! Love seeing all the super cute projects you guys are hooking up!

I've been extremely busy singing and teaching this week. Extra rehearsals for performances today, Saturday and Sunday. Today was a small group I'm in. Doing Beethovens 9th this weekend. Off to bed now, I'm so tired from this week!

Been a very busy work weekend (Sat-Tuesday) I am off work and resting now :O) ie crocheting....

Over the weekend I finished this outfit to go along with the shades of purple baby blanket that I previously made...my mom plans to gift it to a co-worker.......

This outfit is is so cute and with the blank will be a wonderful gift!

attachicon.gifBaby Ester001 (2).JPGattachicon.gifBelle & Ester.JPGattachicon.gifBaby Ester004 (2).JPG

Your outfits for those cute dolls are perfect and I always enjoy seeing them!

hi ladies!

Perfect!

MJ... Love her....

The Ghan is great - but I love the owl pillow! 

I have a crazy week ahead - about 35 teachers and student from seven European countries is visiting my school - Lithuania, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Scotland, France and Turkey. I have to take care of them. I spent last month with my friends - planning, preparing activities, trips, decorations, arranging their stay... Tons and tones of work. luckily, I have my therapist at hand. His name is Mr hook and the nurse's name is Ms. Yarn.  :hook You know the saying: A row a day keeps the psychiatrist away... :knit

I didn't have much time for crochet but I kept making quick projects in the evenings. Now I have a bunch of rabbits to I've away as small gifts...

post-30828-0-23168100-1489858913_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo - the dolls outfits are adorable - I LOVE the bunny one!

Anna, yes, crocheting is therapy - and cheaper than paying a psychiatrist! Very cute basket of rabbits, too!

I'm making another basket - for my 23 yo goddaughter, at her request. :manyheart

I have a crazy week ahead - about 35 teachers and student from seven European countries is visiting my school - Lithuania, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Scotland, France and Turkey. I have to take care of them. I spent last month with my friends - planning, preparing activities, trips, decorations, arranging their stay... Tons and tones of work. luckily, I have my therapist at hand. His name is Mr hook and the nurse's name is Ms. Yarn.  :hook You know the saying: A row a day keeps the psychiatrist away... :knit

I didn't have much time for crochet but I kept making quick projects in the evenings. Now I have a bunch of rabbits to I've away as small gifts...

attachicon.gifeaster rabbits.jpg

Love the rabbits!!!! Great therapy 

The bunnies are adorable Anna.  Yeah if it was not for my hook and yarn, I would be laying on a couch telling a stranger my troubles.

Been up and down for a couple of days.  The computer is not my friend right now.

I am working on the new tote, while I try and decide what to make for a kitchen type basket, for the American Legion.  Maybe I will make a bag, a scarf and hat instead.  Who knows.

Archived