To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Beautiful picture.  Looks like a Christmas Card.  Of course I am down here and do not have to deal with shoveling or driving in it.  But it is beautiful and thanks for the picture.

Doll dress today, hair and face tomorrow.

I will be getting some colors in today, so I can start the second panel of the c2c soon.  It will be the fox.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we have such winter...  :flake

My winter break at school finished and you can know it looking at my crochet... Just too little time. I have a head and an ear of the next mouse don, and I still work on my Virus shawl. 

And I need three small gifts for kids who got the most gold stars for their tasks during the first semester.  :tup

sounds like the hooks are still moving! Mary Jo, Did you get the yearn you needed for Mr Fox?

Charis, we haven't had a bad snow like the one you have in a while! Our dogs would love it, though - lately the stuff has been melting too fast for their liking, I think.

I stopped making squares - and decided to go through my random balls of Homespun and whip up a multicolored scarf. 2/3rds finished!

Good Morning.  Yep got the colors and what a shock.  I don't know why, but I assumed the ever soft was the same size as the Red Heart Soft.  Red Heart is 5 ounces and the Eversoft is 3.  I did find that both must be made by the same people, as the color for the fox is exactally the same, and they look and feel the same..

I am going to wait to make the raccoon, that is the other color I got in Eversoft, but only got 1. 

I have to stop everything and go on the hunt in the cotton room :heehee for the next tote color.  This should be fun, I can't wait to see what it turns out to be.

Well off to make breakfast and then the hunt begins. :rofl 

Good Morning.  Yep got the colors and what a shock.  I don't know why, but I assumed the ever soft was the same size as the Red Heart Soft.  Red Heart is 5 ounces and the Eversoft is 3.  I did find that both must be made by the same people, as the color for the fox is exactally the same, and they look and feel the same..

I am going to wait to make the raccoon, that is the other color I got in Eversoft, but only got 1. 

I have to stop everything and go on the hunt in the cotton room :heehee for the next tote color.  This should be fun, I can't wait to see what it turns out to be.

I LOVE racoon's. I seen that hedgehog you made, it is very nice.  How many of  those different blocks-animals goes to that blanket?.  From where did you got that pattern?.

Krys

Good Morning.  Yep got the colors and what a shock.  I don't know why, but I assumed the ever soft was the same size as the Red Heart Soft.  Red Heart is 5 ounces and the Eversoft is 3.  I did find that both must be made by the same people, as the color for the fox is exactally the same, and they look and feel the same..UhOh!

I love seeing what you come up with!!

Wonderful scarf Judy....

Looking forward to seeing the tote MJ...

Today I worked on a WIP that had been sitting in the craft room for about 18 months.... its rather tedious... so I only got one row put together...

worked on an owl pillow for Ethan ( got a wong done)

Worked in a bunch of ends on the CAL blanket

and did some cross stitch on a Christmas ornament..

Working on some squares now....

I feel like I got so much done today....

Hello Busy Bees  :clap I can see you are very busy with crochet and other crafts!

Yesterday I visited fabulous craft and paper / stationary shop. I had to buy many things for school, but I saw cute STRAWBERRY BELLS and immediately I felt INSPIRED to buy them  :lol it wasn't long to think how to use them.

So - strawberries, anybody??? 

post-30828-0-98733400-1487532193_thumb.jpg

Hi, ladies!

Wonderful scarf Judy.... Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing the tote MJ...

Today I worked on a WIP that had been sitting in the craft room for about 18 months.... its rather tedious... so I only got one row put together...

worked on an owl pillow for Ethan ( got a wong done)

Worked in a bunch of ends on the CAL blanket

and did some cross stitch on a Christmas ornament..

Working on some squares now....

I feel like I got so much done today....

You go, girl! :clap  :cheer

Hello Busy Bees  :clap I can see you are very busy with crochet and other crafts!

Yesterday I visited fabulous craft and paper / stationary shop. I had to buy many things for school, but I saw cute STRAWBERRY BELLS and immediately I felt INSPIRED to buy them  :lol it wasn't long to think how to use them.

So - strawberries, anybody??? 

attachicon.gifstrawberries.jpg

Oh, how pretty!! I follow some Pinterest sites for Poland - love all the colors used on crafts, buildings and clothing. I also follow Lithuania pins - the other half of my heritage.

I'm back at making squares - I finally finished a Catherine Coulter book - could not put it down. It's an oldie "The Cove"

Um, kinda lovin on the strawberries there Anna...our real strawberries come in the end of April, but I imagine if the weather stays mild they will be in sooner...I am going back and forth about putting the peas in now....

I strated Wyatt's pillow today until I get the yarn to finish up Ethan's...

I hope I wake up tomorrow and feel motivated to get a bunch done... I DO need to fill the potato sacks so the dirt can rest before I plant  in March... we grow them in grow bags... easier then digging dirt...

Last year I planted swiss chard in the spring and Chris said he couldn't tell what was weeds or chard, so he refused to eat it.... :(

Um, kinda lovin on the strawberries there Anna...our real strawberries come in the end of April, but I imagine if the weather stays mild they will be in sooner...I am going back and forth about putting the peas in now....

I strated Wyatt's pillow today until I get the yarn to finish up Ethan's...

I hope I wake up tomorrow and feel motivated to get a bunch done... I DO need to fill the potato sacks so the dirt can rest before I plant  in March... we grow them in grow bags... easier then digging dirt...

Last year I planted swiss chard in the spring and Chris said he couldn't tell what was weeds or chard, so he refused to eat it.... :(

We sure haven't had much winter here. I picked the first asparagus today.

Between a stomach bug and babysitting the GDs there hasn't been much energy left for crocheting this week.

So...some mojo left the room...lol! 

When I have pattern I have to pay attention to I can find many other things I'd rather do than go back to it! 

Mona, there are so many bugs going around these days! Take care of yourself.

So....a patient of DS (he's a chiro) admired the blanket I made for his office, and one thing led to another...."Mom, could you make something for her newest little guy?"...and sent me a picture of the tiny peanut. Newborn from the looks of him! How could I say no?

I'll be talking to the woman - whose grandmother crocheted. DS said she was so excited that I would be making something for the baby.

Baby crochet is the best Judy!

Mona... feel better... we went to church with ds#3 and hi gf yesterday and then had lunch.... around 4:00 his gf called and said he was running a fever with a headache and throwing up.... so many folks are getting the flu these days around here, apparently the hardest hit  are those over 65... I was going to visit mom today but just in case I caught something from Josh I stayed home...

Beautiful day here..

Ratdog... swiss chard in chircken broth with garlic... yes please!

Good idea, Lea! There does seem to be a lot of viruses going around. DS has noticed it - and is now getting over a severe sore throat. I cautioned him about strep throat...just in case.

Finished the doilym blocking it now, and cut a piece of acrylic to cover it in the tray. One down one to go.

I also made a lapghan in homespun for the DAR group to send to the local veterans home. Chunky yarn works up fast

Update:   P.S. Pictures will be cross posted in other forums areas....!!!

1--Wave Ripple Baby Blanket using 3 skeins of RHSS Red/White/Black-DONE

2-- Purse and hide it all bag- Done

3--Wave Ripple Blanket- RHSS White/Shades of Purple-Done

4-- Granny Square blanket- Simply Soft- Gray/Yellow/Blue/White- still on the hook

5--Scrap busting baby booties- Done but I plan to make some more to keep in my stash for quick gifts

6-- Toddler Vest- Just needed to weave ends in :O)DONE

7- Dish clothes for me on the hook and some are done

post-35509-0-08791500-1487644284_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-74617400-1487644806_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-01099400-1487647895_thumb.jpg

Archived