To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

Hi! Just a quick hello!

I've been pretty busy this last week with this and that. And now it's the week before a big concert weekend and Holy Week is next week followed by Easter. Very busy time for a church musician! 

Hope you all are well! I'll check back after Easter if not sooner. 

what a joyous time though!  Happy Easter!

I heard some strange noises on my balcony and look what I found:

attachicon.gifbunny 1.jpg

I pulled that little tail and here he is: the Bunny. He said he's Bobby the Bunny's cousin  :D

attachicon.gifbunny 2.jpg

I didn't have a pattern.  I have to hide him until Easter so my daughter gets her surprise. Mary Jo, your dolls' outfits were my inspiration - AGAIN!

I also had fun during photo session of my mice. They are for my nieces for Easter.

Tea time, anyone?

attachicon.gifmyszki 1a.jpgattachicon.gifmyszki 2a.jpg

so very Very precious... I need to round up some girls to crochet for!

WOW Anna, Those are Great!!!!! I want a mouse so bad....Jealous of your work as always....

Not much getting done here over the last 3-4 days some how lol I got sick...(fever/chills/sore throat)

Glad to hear you are feeling better... and love the aprons!

Oh Anna, I love the mice they are so cute and your nieces are going to love them.  The bunny outfit is adorable.

I have not done much, just some stockings.  I have a lot to do, just don't feel it right now.  Maybe I will go in the craft room and do some cleaning up.  That might help.

Jay I hope you feel better soon. 

Have a great day and lots of hugs all around. :hug  :ghug  :hug 

WHAY????? MJ has lost her Mojpo?????  well, lets hope it comes back quickly!!  so  much crochet to do

Just sent off 7 more lap afghans to a Veterans' hospital yesterday.  Today I delivered 3 prayer shawls to our local Hospice.  We have another meeting of our club tomorrow--should have 2 more shawls from them!  Bless them!  I just can't "brag" enough about my "Froggers"!!!  They're the best!

Great job.... and such wonderful charities!!

I am pluggin along at my bunnies for the Easter baskets for the kids....I am on my 6th bunny... and I did manage 2 Christmas stockings for the troops while we were traveling... Had a wonderful visit with Mom today... she actually remembered me and had had so much fun going out to eat...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep on chugging away,ladies!!  I love how much charity work is going on, too. For me, since I've run out of people to gift, charity work is a great outlet.

Ok, I sort of found my mojo.  I have made the Lamb from the Drops Easter Calendar.  It is one of three crochet patterns on the calendar.  Here is where you can see it.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/TampaDoll/Miss%20Bubble%20Gum_zps59ha6o93.gif

I have also made Bubble Gum the yarn hair doll.  I used the 2 1/2 inch head, as that was the only one I had with yellow hair.

Here is where she is.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158945-bubble-gum-yarn-hair-doll/#entry2729795

I bought a pattern for a man eating plant, that I hope to work on today.  I got it from Ravelry, actually her esty store. Man-eating-plant

It was to cute to resist.  What did it, was the legs sticking out of the one flower.  Esty tells you what the price is in US dollars.  Her other price is Polish money.

Ok, I sort of found my mojo.  I have made the Lamb from the Drops Easter Calendar.  It is one of three crochet patterns on the calendar.  Here is where you can see it.  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/TampaDoll/Miss%20Bubble%20Gum_zps59ha6o93.gif

I have also made Bubble Gum the yarn hair doll.  I used the 2 1/2 inch head, as that was the only one I had with yellow hair.

Here is where she is.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158945-bubble-gum-yarn-hair-doll/#entry2729795

I bought a pattern for a man eating plant, that I hope to work on today.  I got it from Ravelry, actually her esty store. Man-eating-plant

It was to cute to resist.  What did it, was the legs sticking out of the one flower.  Esty tells you what the price is in US dollars.  Her other price is Polish money.

Mary Jo are you trying to tell your husband something by making that "Man-eating-plant" ..?? :)

All I know he needs to be on his best behavior from now on...! LOL.

How much did you paid for that pattern (in dollars)?.

Long time ago when I was living in Poland dollar was very valuable. It was 1 dollar = 100 zlotych (on the black market). That was when Poland was a Communist country. Actually it was illegal for Polish people to own US currency (dollars). And it was a jail time for any one they would catch selling that on a black market. For a 1 dollar = 100 zlotych people could feed a  big family for a day or two. What that Communist government wanted from people who would have dollars is to go to government bank and exchange that for: 1 dollar = 15 zlotych. Well,  no one was that stupid to do that.

Some people were Lucky to have family in US to send them 5 or 10 dollars a month or so and that was a huge help to them. But not many people had a family in US with a big heart who would be willing to send their money to help their struggling family living in Poland.

Strawberry Doll turned out  beautiful!:) and that Lamb is very cute.

Krys

Mary Jo are you trying to tell your husband something by making that "Man-eating-plant" ..?? :)

All I know he needs to be on his best behavior from now on...! LOL.

How much did you paid for that pattern (in dollars)?.

Long time ago when I was living in Poland dollar was very valuable. It was 1 dollar = 100 zlotych (on the black market). That was when Poland was a Communist country. Actually it was illegal for Polish people to own US currency (dollars). And it was a jail time for any one they would catch selling that on a black market. For a 1 dollar = 100 zlotych people could feed a  big family for a day or two. What that Communist government wanted from people who would have dollars is to go to government bank and exchange that for: 1 dollar = 15 zlotych. Well,  no one was that stupid to do that.

Some people were Lucky to have family in US to send them 5 or 10 dollars a month or so and that was a huge help to them. But not many people had a family in US with a big heart who would be willing to send their money to help their struggling family living in Poland.

Strawberry Doll turned out  beautiful! :) and that Lamb is very cute.

Krys

If you go to her Esty store it is $5.35 for the pattern.  I did not know where she was from, till I bought the pattern, then she sends in map in her receipt marking where she is.  Very cool idea.

MJ, I ADORE your doll! The lamb was unexpectedly cute, too - and the man eating plant pattern gave me a much needed chuckle with which to start my day!!!  Your hooks are smoking!!

I am busy working a gifts for the mother of the little girl I make clothes for....So this is a cross post....

Adult Halter top will have a matching skirt it's on my hook right now....

Adult Summer bikini top was something quick and simple too...

post-35509-0-58417600-1491939973_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-17866200-1491939985_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo, that man eating plant is going to be FANTASTIC. There is many of those man eating plants  I want to make... I collect them. They are few and far between! I have the doll from Monster High - Venus McFlytrap post-73457-0-26506200-1492043281_thumb.jpg

the zelfs Flytrap Parlor post-73457-0-23632400-1492043332_thumb.jpg,

the Sims Cow Plant is one of my FAVORITES!!! post-73457-0-56957900-1492043323_thumb.jpg I have got to crochet one of those somehow. Then the Plants from Plants versus Zombies that I have got to make ! post-73457-0-33014800-1492043296.jpgpost-73457-0-24821300-1492043312.jpg Anyway enjoy the pictures, lol

I am busy working a gifts for the mother of the little girl I make clothes for....So this is a cross post....

Adult Halter top will have a matching skirt it's on my hook right now....

Adult Summer bikini top was something quick and simple too...

Cute!

Baby ghan and hat

Turned out adorable.

You guys are really moving along.

Jayashangel  Love the halter and bikini tops.  Can't wait to see the skirt.

Kati the hat and afghan are so cute.

I have 2 plants done, working on the third.  This one will have the legs and feet of the gnome in it. :rofl 

Yeah I guess you could say that.  When I have a chance I work on the stockings.  I make them in-between big projects.

Tribble, you can use the man eating pattern I have and just add what you want and make it any color you want.

I am off to the store to get my Easter ham this morning.

You all have a great day.

Hi peeps!

No hook time -- decluttering my (stuffed to the gills) photo cabinet! It's been a chore that has been nagging at me for a long time. It's emptied of all the loose photos - which are in a plastic bin for me to sort at my leisure. I'm already making a ton of progress.

Dropped off the 8 lapghans for the veterans home with the lady heading the knitting group in our DAR chapter. Missed getting the mini stockings to the post office today so will mail those monday.

As of tomorrow Lent is over so I will get back to projects for family and friends and maybe even something for (gasp) myself!

I went back and looked at my list posted in January.

Not much progress. So far only one christmas gift done -the name doily for my brother and sil.

I plan on starting a filet table runner for a friend's birthday in May, it may or may not be done on time but i will try.

Rat dog, you'll get there - the lapghans are sure to be appreciated!

Mary Jo - the man eating plant is a hoot!! It's so funny!

Happy Easter, everyone!

Good Morning everyone.  I have been getting ready for company, so not much hooking going on.

I do have the tote ready to be put together, so something is getting done.

Happy Easter!  :1sheep  :rabbit

I promised myself not to make any more Easter decorations this year, but I made some lace eggs and a little sheep bag - to give as presents.

post-30828-0-36490600-1492433739_thumb.jpg

post-30828-0-31489400-1492433751_thumb.jpg

I promised myself not to make any more Easter decorations this year, but I made some lace eggs and a little sheep bag - to give as presents.

attachicon.gifJajo Szreniawa.jpg

attachicon.gifowieczka.jpg

Adorable!!!!! We have such talented ladies here. :manyheart

I started playing with baby yarn - was going to make a giant granny but didn't like the way it looked - so...small squares again!

Have a good day, ladies!

attachicon.gifJajo Szreniawa.jpg

attachicon.gifowieczka.jpg

That looks great!:)

At first look I thought that sheep was a cozy for a coffee cup LOL.. Well.. that shape is very similar to a cup..

Krys

Archived