To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2017!

judianne

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Easter!  :1sheep  :rabbit

I promised myself not to make any more Easter decorations this year, but I made some lace eggs and a little sheep bag - to give as presents.

attachicon.gifJajo Szreniawa.jpg

attachicon.gifowieczka.jpg

Super Cute :O) sheep

I have just been making crochet halter tops for summer time fun...I gave up on the matching skirt for the adult it just wasn't working out maybe I will try again later? I just finished these 2 tops the pink is for an adult in Pink for a gift size 34 and the red is for a child who is now a 5T? wow times flies....

post-35509-0-49016500-1492507256_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-77496300-1492507285_thumb.jpg

Love the lace egg!

I started a hair barrette to wear to a wedding this weekend (small project I can spend some time on at work)

Also started a table runner for a friends birthday in May, 2 rows down ... 198 to go!

I have been busy working up halter tops as I was saying before but I wanted to tell you all.... I had previously bought shorts to try and match too so here is my cross post about the funky tops I just finished..

If have time could  you guys check them out and give a reply of there if they match???

Thinking a head to 4 of July LOL.....Thanks

Good Morning.

This has been a busy week, so the only thing I have been able to work on is the tote.  I am 1/2 way thru the pocket and hope to finish it up this weekend.

Love the halter tops Jayashiange.

Well off to check everything out and then to my corner.

Thanks Mary Jo!!! yes can't wait to see the new color as well on the new tote....

Ok update on the adult halter top tooo small in the breast area on the side just barely covers so up a hook size or 2 and should be fine :O) I will have to whip up another one....also I will be adding the ruffling like the child one to cover more of the lady's tummy too...she prefer not to be so naked..LOL

Nice works, ladies!  :cheer

I'm leaving to Greece in a week  :yay  and I thought I could make SOMETHING for hosting friends. So I decided on a broom doll in blue and white - colors of Greek flag. I love making broom dolls (THANK YOU MARY JO  :manyheart EVERY TIME I MAKE THE BROOM DOLL, I THINK OF YOU!!!)

In Greece I'll meet 6 other partners from Europe - people who visited my school last month. So how many broom dolls should I make?  :lol I have 4 ready, the fifth one on my hook, 2 more to crochet... I think I'll manage to make such a gift for everyone...

I'm leaving to Greece in a week  :yay  and I thought I could make SOMETHING for hosting friends. So I decided on a broom doll in blue and white - colors of Greek flag. I love making broom dolls (THANK YOU MARY JO  :manyheart EVERY TIME I MAKE THE BROOM DOLL, I THINK OF YOU!!!)

In Greece I'll meet 6 other partners from Europe - people who visited my school last month. So how many broom dolls should I make?  :lol I have 4 ready, the fifth one on my hook, 2 more to crochet... I think I'll manage to make such a gift for everyone...

Have fun,  if we don't talk before you leave... some day... one day I will go to Greece! 

Its a (slow) start!

They do take a while!! But that looks like great progress to me.

What a wonderful idea! And yes, the blue and white are a perfect choice (says this lady who is married to a Greek) ;)   Have a wonderful time - the Greek people are so hospitable!

Married to Greek here also and live close to a very big Greek Community Tarpon Springs.  Another color they love is PURPLE.  Can't look anywhere there without seeing purple.

Wow I would give anything to travel like you do, but then you travel to countries like we travel to states.

You are welcome for the patterns and I am sure the ladies are going to love the dolls.

I have finished the tote and the pictures will be taken this weekend, to be posted next week.

I am making another c2c for a favorite baker who is having her first child and it is a boy.

Off to see what is going on.

Have a great night.

I've been to Greece 2 years ago, in January - it was cold, almost freezing - not like all the Greek views you can admire in media... So I'm happy to go there once again in May. We're going to visit many places this time. I'm taking my husband with me - I like traveling, but I always regret I'm with school, not with my family. This will be the last meeting in our project, so My husband is going with me.

Here are the first 4 broom dolls. Not a pretty photo, but I'll take a better one when all are finished.

post-30828-0-01003900-1492955365_thumb.jpg

Wow you have all been very busy I see! What wonderful projects! Anna, have fun in Greece! I love that lace egg you made. Wow!

Not too much to report here. I'm working on a big-ish project. I think I'll be done soon but I'll tell you what it is when I'm all done. Don't want to jinx it. Concerts and Holy Week went well. Holy Week and Easter are my absolute favorite masses of the year. I think I like it more than Christmas. I hope you all had a lovely Easter too! Thankfully my schedule is cleared up a bit and I'm on vacation this week. All though I have lots to do and going on.

They are going to love those dolls Anna.  That is great that your husband is also going. 

I am still working on the baby afghan, did not get much done yesterday.  It is not good for me to crochet and watch Hockey.  I end up ripping out what I tried to do.

Well off to get an early start today.

Have a good one.

Well, the preschool called to see if I would work today. I told them no but did not tell them that the reason I wasn't working was because I was crocheting!

Shhhh don't tell on me.

I am at about the half way point not including the border.post-23494-0-00351700-1493045746_thumb.jpg

Archived