Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished this and will be sending it off to a friend that is undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Its made from RHSS petal pink from this pattern. She does not need to be stiffened to stand and is about 5 inches tall.

http://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2016/08/crochet-angel-amigurumi-pattern.html

post-11309-0-15789700-1475790875_thumb.jpg

Here is another angel pattern that uses yarn.

http://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2016/09/christmas-angel.html

Katy love your scrap squares and thank you for the card.

Cshort I will anxiously be watching for you to check in.

I hope you all make it through the hurricane ok.

I had a follow up doctor appointment today and I got the Okay to drive. However, still no lifting over 15 pounds for at least 6 more weeks. That's going to kill me! It's hard for me not to lift Rosalie, but she will just have to get used to it.  I have also gone down 20 pounds in a month and a half, so YAY for that!! Only about 40 more to go until I'm at my goal weight. 

bgs.  The angel is really beautiful.  I am sure your friend will love it.

Jessicali take care and glad to hear you got the ok to drive.

Shutting down for the night.  Need to get my beauty sleep.

Have a good night everyone and please for those of you on the East Coast you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yay we still have power! I think we dodged a bullet this time. I heard rain and wind during the night and I haven't been outside yet today so we'll see what it looks like when I venture out. I'm concerned about my daughter and her family who live about 2 hours north of me, they were suppose to get hit harder than us. I talked to them yesterday and they were ready for it, my daughter went through hurricanes Andrew and Wilma so she knows how serious it can be and how to be prepared for storms. Now we are watching to see if Matthew is going to come back to take another shot at us. I'm praying for everyone wh is still in Matthew's path. Ok enough rambling about Matthew. 

Brenda, your angel is so pretty.

Oh my Jade is getting so big and is so cute.

I'm planning to spend the day in my sewing room still working on a fall outfit for the baby. And then hopefully I will get started on the Halloween costumes.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

Good Morning and glad to see that you did well and still have your power Carol.

We have just winds and some spritzing.  No big deal.  Luckily it has dropped to a Cat3.

I am finishing up the lovely I am making, then on to a couple of things for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day everyone. 

Well morning and Friday is finally here huh.

You in Florida are your lights an stuff on I heard there wee like 640,000 people in floriday and Georgia already without electricity!!

It's north a bit now harassing Jacksonville I sure hope it ends for all of you soon. It is a mean and horrible storm and it's not over yet.

Our weather is just opposite today with sunshine and a bit of frost very light on the deck railing. It's chilly but I'm grateful to see sunshine anyway.

MAx is lying right in I. Front of the furnace vent as it was on for a small bit this am lol he likes to be Warmie. And handy has already been out as we were out of a few essential toiletries lol and I was out of Kleenex too so he made an early run to the Walgreens this am. Thought I had some put away but the linen closet showed no signs of TP rolls lol.

Again all of you still in the storm or expect to be stay safe. Possessions can be replaced you life can Not. So please do what authorities say and keep safe. All for now and I will see you all a bit later. ◼️Off

It was 47º here when we woke up this morning. The boys wanted light jackets for going to school. Thankfully though, they don't have long to wait before the bus, like, he goes in front of our house, then down to the little circle at the end of the lake to pick up a kid or 2, then back in front of the house & as soon as he goes back in front of the house they walk up to where we park the van and get in up there. 

howieann, I hope she gets to feeling better soon! I've never heard of abdominal migraines.

miniwifeof4boys, that's an adorable quote! Gotta love those tribbles.... ;) Hope your mom is doing better.

owlvamp, sorry to hear that moose is feeling bad again. Hoping he's doing better today!

Mary Jo, I adore all your decorations. We are so behind this year, don't have any of our lovely Halloween items up yet! :(

Katy, lovely squares. I love squares. I think I am going to make a cardigan out of grannies eventually. I love it, now if I can just get these blankets finished. Such slow going. And thank you so much for the lovely card!

bgs, lovely angel...

Immafreak, Jade is growing fast. She is adorable, glad to see you pop back in here.

Have a wonderful night all!

Good Morning.

47 degrees is too cold for me. I'm very spoiled living in south Florida. 

I didn't get as much done in my sewing room yesterday as I had hoped because my son-in-law brought the baby to me about 1 pm and my daughter picked her up abouta 8:30 pm. My daughter had to go to work yesterday and my son-in-law wanted to take the shutters off their house, his boss also called and told him he needed to get on the computer at home to take care of some work things. So I will be back in my sewing room today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good to see you made it through the storm and have power cshort,that is rather cool for this time of year,thats more like what you would have in January.

Across the screen on tv,the scroll that says flooding and wind advisory,it calm right now

have a good day everyone

Next weekend is my middle brothers wedding. All 3 of my kiddos are in it. The boys are going to be ushers and need black slacks, white shirts and burgandy ties. My brother told me to skip the ties if I wanted and just get bow ties and suspenders. Rosalie is flower girl. I've had her dress for quite some time, because as soon as I found one I liked and the bride liked, I bought it. I got it from an app on my phone called The Mama App. I paid $11 for it. It did come from China, so it took a while to get here, but we've had it since August, I think! Everything that I have had to know, I have had to ask, and I am getting irritated. I don't mind buying everything that the kids need, but it would be nice to have some guidance. I was JUST told (because I asked the bride) what time rehearsal was going to be. I have a feeling I wouldn't have known up if I'd not have asked. 

Where can I find flower petals? What about a flower basket? 

Sorry ladies, had to vent. 

Working on and hopefully finishing the round ripple spiderweb afghan this weekend!!

Next weekend is my middle brothers wedding. All 3 of my kiddos are in it. The boys are going to be ushers and need black slacks, white shirts and burgandy ties. My brother told me to skip the ties if I wanted and just get bow ties and suspenders. Rosalie is flower girl. I've had her dress for quite some time, because as soon as I found one I liked and the bride liked, I bought it. I got it from an app on my phone called The Mama App. I paid $11 for it. It did come from China, so it took a while to get here, but we've had it since August, I think! Everything that I have had to know, I have had to ask, and I am getting irritated. I don't mind buying everything that the kids need, but it would be nice to have some guidance. I was JUST told (because I asked the bride) what time rehearsal was going to be. I have a feeling I wouldn't have known up if I'd not have asked. 

Where can I find flower petals? What about a flower basket? 

Sorry ladies, had to vent. 

Working on and hopefully finishing the round ripple spiderweb afghan this weekend!!

well gee,you would have thought they'd keep you in the loop,sorry for the un-needed stress

well gee,you would have thought they'd keep you in the loop,sorry for the un-needed stress

Hi alll glad to se e you all here today and weathered out the storm. Some of you got lucky and didn't get hit those if you that did I imagine it's a diff story huh.

From China huh Jess this is going to be a pretty event. ent huh glad the kids get to participate too. Anything from China takes to 4 -5 weeks I did that once not knowing or seeing China and it took forever so I read now lol and dismiss anything from there.

Yeah light frost again on the vehicles today melted off quickly but the turkeys can verify as it didn't stop them from coming early this am they almost knock on the door now if we dont get right out when we see the heads bobbing across the Front windowLOL. I have never heard them gobbling but they make sort of almost a barkin noise.

So far we have power but its flickering here today, raining hard.... very very windy... lost one of the clothes line posts already....  2 more hours of the rough stuff and then more rain, flooding is the big concern around here and of course trees down... tea, headlamp, yarn, hook.....I'm ready!

They are sending mom back to memory care today....when I called the nurse yesterday and asked how she was doing she said ... well,...she is confused..... ~ sigh~ I almost said.. REALLY????!!! OMG... what should I do, but I remained nice and said I was aware she has moderate to severe alzheimers, I was concerned about her cough, fever, and the results of the EEG... the doc FINALLY called me back this a.m.  rural  hospitals are sometimes not the best...

Sorry for the snark... this weather has me a bit down in the dumps...

Jade is growing so fast.

I am glad to hear that so many of you are making it through the storm relatively ok.

Lea hope your mom is doing ok. It sure seems really dumb for the nurse to tell you she is confused. Its been my observation that no one bothers to read patients charts anymore so if you are on say blood thinner you better tell everyone that walks in the room every time they walk in the room.

Jessica how frustrating on the wedding but it sounds like you you have it under control. Did you decide to make a basket?

We are cooling off here. It was 38 this morning. Yesterday was kitty's annual visit to the vet. Then we spent the rest of the day moving some of our bonsai to their winter quarters----mulched into the spot on the ground under the bench and carrying tropicals in for the night. Must get their spots in the house ready. Took the car in for an oil change this morning and stopped to use dh's birthday coupons at a shoe and hardware store. Now he is mowing my dads yard.

Archived