Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Glad you all are checking in and hope Sandra is ok.

Linda that sounds like poor planning on someones part for the designated escape route to flood first. Why does that not really surprise me?

Lea such a sweet shot of your son and grandbaby. In the other photo it doesnt look like anyone will be going anywhere unless its by boat. I hope life gets back to normal for them soon.

Katy they taught us to read using phonics and the story charts on the wall-----Dick,Jane, Sally, Spot, and Puff. See Dick. See Dick run. Run Dick run. The reading stuff sounds familiar but dont remember what they called the program. I was always in the highest reading group.

Its a pretty day--sunny and warm. Baseball is over here and its a bye week for football.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cshort, Agreed about the low temp. It was 55 here the other day for Little Tribbles soccer game and  Ithought I was going to freeze!!!

katy, We order a lot of things from china when we don't mind waiting on them. Shipping is free.

miniwifeof4boys, Hope you don't get  a huge amount of flooding. Hope your mom is doing better.

jessicali, that dress is gorgeous and she is adorable in it!

Owlvamp, glad everyone is safe, and that moose is doing a bit better. Hope it clears up very quick now.

Goodness homework for over 6 hours, did they do any of their work in school? LOL. Since LIttle Tribble's only in 1st grade he usually has his homework done in less than 5 min. He does it himself and then I check it.

Pineknott. Hope the storm clears up quick, stay safe.

Did a few dishes today. Tonight is my 3rd 12 hour shift in a row, so I am a bit tired tonight. My eyes have been doing weird things, may have to go to the eye doctor. They feel swimmy and jumpy - not really sure how to explain it. It's very weird.

Have a good night all!!

at about 3:30 - 4 o'clock the winds stopped and the sun came out,some out laying areas still have flooding,most schools around here are closed tomorrow,storm related otherwise it was a school day

Tonight is my 3rd 12 hour shift in a row, so I am a bit tired tonight. My eyes have been doing weird things, may have to go to the eye doctor. They feel swimmy and jumpy - not really sure how to explain it. It's very weird.

Have a good night all!!

I have had that sensation sometimes and it seems like it happened more when I was tired----like going for two or three days on a couple hours of sleep.

I have had that sensation sometimes and it seems like it happened more when I was tired----like going for two or three days on a couple hours of sleep.

That's definitely a possibility!

Wow The pictures just floor me.  I do hope all goes well with the evacuation.  I remember someone on here had a son who whenever he head the word Hurricane he would say "Hanker the Down" :rofl instead of hunker down.

No we got a little rain, in fact we have gotten more from just regular storms.  It stayed far enough east to only give us a little wind and some rain.  The only effect I had was the chain doing the samba on the laini.

They don't teach Phonics anymore.  That is how I learned to read.  You sounded out the words.  Of course that has messed up my spelling, as I spell things the way they sound.  Thank goodness for spell check.

I went out this morning to get the mail and shock and surprise NO HUMIDITY :dance  It is a little chilly, but who cares NO HUMIDITY.

Well off to enjoy the pool area with a cup of coffee.  I can sit outside and not sweat.

Have a good day everyone.  Hope all are ok Lea.

Good morning all

Those pics were. Very telling and scarey to think for so many it affected too!

BGs can you e

Send me badrhinogillett's addy I have misplaced it and she has not answered my pm about it yet. I would like to get these afghans off to her this month no hurry and if you would rather not that's ok I'll wait for a. Reply from her thanks either way

How is moose Sandra. Doing better. Did the vet say what it was?? I can't imagine her nt knowing what she is treating?? Just a virus or something?

Tampa wow sitting outside and no humidity how nice. Enjoying the pool area. That is a nice picture!! Must be like a vacation for you all there lol

Brenda and Tampa. . Well glad to hear someone else had Phonics as I thought maybe it was a Nebraska thing lol. Yes we had Dick

Jane an Sally and puff and spot too we had books of our own though not story boards but that is a good idea. See spot run!! I was always a good reader too and so when my daughter was young what began as a volunteer reading tutor became my yearly thing up through I think the fifth grade and I was so amazed at some of the kids really needed the help with reading one on one. I even graded their progress each session twice a week lol. I enjoyed spending the one on one time with them all it was a neat life experience for them and me. I was lucky to have had that experience. At the end of the year we had an official reading party with treats and all and I read a story to them!! Was a cool experience.

I always wanted to participate in her school cause my mom never really could . She worked and whatever was going on in school we knew we would look out and not see her in the audience. That is a big deal to a kid.

Well as Jessica would say. TMI. Too much info caught me on a chatty day lol

Hope all are well or on their way back to good health and doing ok with the flooding and storm cleanup.

I will touch back later on you all have a delightful day with many good things in it!!

whomever it is that wanted burgundy and cream 6 inchers and greens what color greens do you have a particular color(s) in mind for the greens??? Never too early to get started on Dec lol thanks.

Wow The pictures just floor me.  I do hope all goes well with the evacuation.  I remember someone on here had a son who whenever he head the word Hurricane he would say "Hanker the Down" :rofl instead of hunker down.

No we got a little rain, in fact we have gotten more from just regular storms.  It stayed far enough east to only give us a little wind and some rain.  The only effect I had was the chain doing the samba on the laini.

They don't teach Phonics anymore.  That is how I learned to read.  You sounded out the words.  Of course that has messed up my spelling, as I spell things the way they sound.  Thank goodness for spell check.

I went out this morning to get the mail and shock and surprise NO HUMIDITY :dance  It is a little chilly, but who cares NO HUMIDITY.

Well off to enjoy the pool area with a cup of coffee.  I can sit outside and not sweat.

Have a good day everyone.  Hope all are ok Lea.

When I was in Tampa in February, I was SO excited to be in "Sunny Florida" for a few days away from the Low teens & single digits in KC, yet it was only about 60ish, and pretty windy lol. When I met up with my cousin while there, she said, "Anything under 75 is cold to us here." We laughed, because she's originally from Missouri, but has been living in Tampa for almost 10 years, so she's definitely used to the Florida temps!

--------------------------------------

I don't have much of anything planned today. Rosalie and I have already ran to the grocery store to get dinner ingredients and some other essentials we needed and were almost out of. I'd definitely say fall weather has gotten here. They're calling for a high of 39 on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Now I'll be happy once the leaves start turning their beautiful colors so I can start taking pictures of that! I've got a lot of prepping for this weekend for the wedding. We will be spending the weekend in Branson, and I'm not sure yet whether we'll head home Saturday evening or Sunday sometime. Hubby is wanting to go do some stuff while there, because he's never really done much in Branson. Neither have I, or not for a while anyways. He JUST ate at Lambert's in July for the first time (They're the throwed rolls resturant!)

I remember our first trip to Tampa in January of'71,it was cold  when we landed 32 degrees,we laughed 32,we could have stayed in NY for that !! We didn't warm up till we got to West Palm Beach

Yep I seem to fall back on phonics at times but only in an emergency lol if I don't have time to look things up lol

Had to get some Ben gay today for my shoulder and that is helping pretty well. It's improving anyway lol

IM eating a few good and plenty's little licorice pieces. I love them lol.

Whe I was little I would always get a box in my easter basket!! As mentioned before

Not a huge chocolate fan only like the expensive kind!! Lol

So worked off more yarn scraps so now there is only a few small balls left in my fishbowl jar lol. I reclaimed plenty of rubber bands ds to add to the rubber band dish and made let's see sixteen in , all 3 round granny's with the rest. I'm going to try to keep up better with my scraps!!

post-40621-0-38443000-1476134125_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone.

I hope everyone who was in Matthew's path is safe and drying out. The weather here was really nice today, temps are down a little and there was a nice breeze. I've been told that the air condiitioner in my classroom will be fixed tomorrow, I'll believe it when I see it. I would really like to work on halloween costumes tonight but I didn't sleep very well last night and I am very tired today so the sewing might not happen. Maybe some hand sewing or crocheting in the recliner. I guess that's about it for me. Have a great night.

Just got back from having a root canal. Stopped to get an antibiotic and we decided to go with ibuprofen for pain since I am allergic to codeine.

Katy pretty squares.

Jessica we went to Branson for my birthday back in June. We rode the Duck Boats and went to the Dixie Stampede as I had never done either before. They were both lot of fun and I would do them again. I enjoyed them way more than I expected to. We also stopped at the dulcimer shop. I got one of my dads mountain dulcimers that he put together from a kit from this shop. I got an instruction book sheet music and cds. Lamberts was on my list as I have yet to eat there but we just cant seem to ever time it right. Everyone else in my family has eaten there. My dad was born and raised not far from there. I love the area but dont get down there much anymore.

MJ, Hanker the Down reminds me of my oldest son when we  use to go to the beach.....  He thought "Under Toads " were getting him..LOL

Still concerned about sandra, the river near her is still cresting ....very hard hit in her area!

Went to Raleigh today and went to Bible Study and then to lunch with the group.  After that  I stopped by walmart and picked up 4 pairs of pants and 5 shirts plus shoes to take to my Mom on Wed for her fall wardrobe... She has lost so much weight so I need to go through her things and straighten it out...

Tomorrow is a house clean/ crochet day...

Yeah!!!!

Good Morning

well what didn't get done yesterday,will be done today,the mechanic's shop was a bit flooded and closed yesterday.

I kept waking up in the nite being cold,so tonight I'll throw on an extra blanket

Good Morning, yeah Jessicali, when the temps hits below 75, we close the windows and put on the long pants.  I have been her 25 years, originally from the South Jersey/Philadelphia area. 

Another cool morning, but with clouds so far.

Not much on the agenda today, as I was up late last night watching the Bucs win. :think ?  Still can't believe that. 

Hope Sandra is ok and everyone else in that flooded areas.

Have fun today.

Bgs, Lamberts is good, but you could almost get filled up on just appetizers and rolls they bring through! There's also always a hugely long line. But it's worth it! Really good food. Their chicken and dumplings are delicious and Rosalie found she really likes fried okra.

Bgs, Lamberts is good, but you could almost get filled up on just appetizers and rolls they bring through! There's also always a hugely long line. But it's worth it! Really good food. Their chicken and dumplings are delicious and Rosalie found she really likes fried okra.

You had me at the chicken and dumplings LOL

It was 40 here this a.m.!!! Bliss!!I was like " what is this strange sensation I am feeling??.... why I remember it from somewhere... oh yes!!! Its COLD!  I'm feeling cold!  :lol

Working on a doll dress today form my brand spankin new just got int he mail yesterday 18" doll!! So excited to play dress up!!!

Still praying for Sandra, its getting worse that way instead of better...

When I get to go that way my favorite restaurant is Smith's Restaurant and Berry Patch at Collins especially for breakfast. If I am remembering correctly that one doesnt or didnt take credit cards but I havent been for a long long time. There is another one I think at Boliver but the Collins one was there first and is my favorite. They have good tenderloin sandwiches. I also stop and buy cheese at Osceola. Then depending on the season stop at Gordons Orchard for peaches apples nectarines or watermelon. We turned off just past Ozark to cut over to 76 to get to my grandma's farm in Douglas County but very near Christian County line. My sisters and I stayed with her in the the summer when we were kids. At first when we stayed there was no phone no hot water heater and never was an inside bathroom. The times I would have gotten to eat at Lamberts we just didnt have time to wait to get in as we were headed for Hot Springs or Crater of Diamonds.

Sorry haven't got on sooner but, just been dealing with a lot and I just was able to check e-mail. Internet was down for. Awhile.

We managed to make it through the hurricane Matthew. We had flooding , power outages and more flooding everywheres. We had to clean debris in the yard and fix the leak in roof. We were pounded by the rain bad. The wind was tense and things flying around. Best thing to do was stay inside.. Only went out when it slowed down some to take puppy's potty. Daughter can not return to college this week for they are evacuating the town the college is in.

So this whole week she'll be home. Good for me for she can take care of her Moose. He is better but just tad sluggish. Been walking him on a leash to potty to make sure everything is okay. The vet thinks he has an infection but the test that they took nothing shows up. So he' been on antibiotics and a sick pill. He is better but still has a way to go.

Archived