Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Havn't done much the last couple of days. Back at work. Hope to get a couple of things done on Friday evening. I want to wash our blankets we use on the couch again. Falkor (one of our dogs) always takes the blankets off the couch and lays on them in the floor. He's so funny!  I am going to vacuum as well. We need to work out in the dog run, we have been putting wooden slats around the dog run so they can't see as much to bark at. We need to work on that and we have been buying stepping stones to put inside to try and cut down on the mud that they track in and the dust that comes in with them. Going to take a while as we are only able to get 5 or so at a time. But eventually it will be better for them. 

Other than that, no plans that are definite right now...

Have a good night all.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

was out the door early once more,now all the vehicles are winterized,I just need to wash my wndshield,when I got in this morning couldn't tell if my eyes were clouding over,until Bill said gee your windshield needs cleaning

have a great day everyone

Snowbird Yoda is so cute.

Carol I am glad you like the squares and the pumpkin.  That pattern is in the book a year of dishcloths by Annie's Attic.  I have been having so much fun with that book.

Oh how I would like one day of frost down here, to take out the ragweed, then it can go away.  Clouds out today, but still saying scattered showers. I swore we would get rain yesterday, as I ran my sprinklers in the morning.

Nothing much on the horizon this morning, except to finish up a turkey and get the yarn out for the next tote.

Lea, I can't wait to see the doll in her outfit.

Have fun today everyone.

Wow lots of people up and A out!!

SNowbear yoda is darling !! Love it nice job!

Mary jo nice squares and cute pumpkin!! How thoughtful! Carol got some pretty squares too!!

Also glad it frosted my allergies are too!!

PIneKnott had to laugh on your windshield lol.

Jessica good luck on the dress. and does handy have some competition inI. The fi.x it It dept!! Good job on the washer!!

TRibble has her work cut out for her very ambitious plans.

Even though yesterday started out cool it warmed up nicely. It didnt get as cool last night. I have run outside a time or two in shorts. Its 52 but really humid so it feels warm.

Snowbear your Yoda is cute.

Jessica hope all goes well at the wedding and you find what you are going to wear. I hate shopping for clothes especially with such a close deadline. Safe journey.

Such a busy Tribble. Your plan to remodel the dog run sounds like a good one----it makes sense the more dirt kept out should result in less cleaning. Hey I am trying to figure out how the inside of the refrigerator gets dirty as everything I put in it is clean and usually inside clean containers.

So sorry about mom Lea and that " binge " watching lol that made me laugh !!

BGs good you got those plants in huh!! I have never ever eaten Okra of any kind. is it like. Cabbage in tast or what.

And it is cool you only have to put that ghan together that is nice!! Most of the work done already.

As for any other news don't have any yet lol. Chilly over cast day had the furnace on for a bit earlier. And uses ing my room heater too finally found a Holmes. There for a while I thought they didn't make them anymore. But I found one at Walmart.

Washed a couple Windows the other day and curtains too waiting now on another rod so I cN put up the valances too so the curtains can have there own rod and the so can the valance's lol anyway bout all I got so far today so I'll catch you all later have a good one

♥❤

Katy not really sure how to describe the taste of okra but its not like cabbage. The inside texture pf climbing okra is similiar to zucchini and so is the taste.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=KyUBWPvlLOSwjwSVyqiwAQ&q=sliced+chinese+okra&oq=sliced+chinese+okra&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.12..33i160k1.3617.12604.0.14014.22.21.0.4.4.0.387.5014.0j2j12j5.19.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..4.18.3618.3..0j5j35i39k1j0i67k1j0i20k1j0i131k1j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i21k1.ZHD7qIskqYg#imgrc=8SNdpeMQ21-VyM%3A

It is not slimey like regular okra. The inside of regular okra looks completely different. Some place said it tastes similar to eggplant but I think its much better than eggplant.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=KyUBWPvlLOSwjwSVyqiwAQ&q=sliced+okra&oq=sliced+okra&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.12..0l3j0i22i30k1l2.101.5353.0.6432.13.13.0.3.3.0.786.3618.0j1j8j5-1j1.11.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-hp..3.10.2168...5j0i131k1j0i20k1.D7veH4vsELQ#imgdii=aOS1s51MkgHTGM%3A%3BFRJrS3sQDYYJzM%3A%3BFRJrS3sQDYYJzM%3A&imgrc=FRJrS3sQDYYJzM%3A&scso=uid_WAElOgAHxTwKg9pMZgV7Lg_0:0

Both types are good sliced in thin rounds battered and fried or baked. I like the climbing okra deep fried using a flour batter and regular okra pan fried using a corn meal batter Some people like them stewed with tomatoes.

Moose is doing wonderful and almost back to himself... Lots and lots of tender love in care going into that boy... Thank goodness.

My back yard is all pleased up and back to the way I love it and the roof leak is hopefully fixed. It hasn't rained sense so will see.

Hubby found a job 2 hours from home. If he loves and all goes well we will be moving. So we will see.

Can't have him traveling 4 hours a day..

Moose is doing wonderful and almost back to himself... Lots and lots of tender love in care going into that boy... Thank goodness.

My back yard is all pleased up and back to the way I love it and the roof leak is hopefully fixed. It hasn't rained sense so will see.

Hubby found a job 2 hours from home. If he loves and all goes well we will be moving. So we will see.

Tell me its this direction and not the other way LOL  Glad Moose is doing better.

Hi all. Got the curtains and things back in order again looks so clean lol. I'm glad it's done now. They are a white lace with matching valance jus enough for a little privacy in the craft room as it will still offer a bit of coverage and still offer the ligh Ray passage. That n

Oh my goodness! Yoda is adorable!!!!

Wow

TRibble has her work cut out for her very ambitious plans.

Lol, not sure much of it will get done... but will work on it some.

Even though yesterday started out cool it warmed up nicely. It didnt get as cool last night. I have run outside a time or two in shor

Such a busy Tribble. Your plan to remodel the dog run sounds like a good one----it makes sense the more dirt kept out should result in less cleaning. Hey I am trying to figure out how the inside of the refrigerator gets dirty as everything I put in it is clean and usually inside clean containers.

Yes, how on earth do refrigeratorso get so dirty?

Glad moose is doing well! That would be a terrible long drive. I live 2 minutes from where I work. You can see the place I work from our house.

I've been there 18 years, so never had to drive to work. I don't think I would like it,...

I've got the kitchen cleaned, some dusting done, dog bedding in the wash. Now on to vacuum... little Tribble's last soccer game is in the morning.

Have a good night all!

Oh  Daphne,  I envy you, I miss those little soccer games!  I can't wait until my grands play so I can go watch those sweet little things... and TRY not to be one of those grandparents  Enjoy!

Yes, I love watching him play. I'm planning on signing him up for swimming for winter. Then we'll wait on baseball to come back around in the spring.

Sandra glad to hear Moose is better and things are getting back to normal.

Just got back from Glow at Powell Gardens. Its a "magical one mile self guided walk lit by more than 700 pumpkins".

attachicon.gif20161014_190829.jpgattachicon.gif20161014_183005.jpg

That sounds awesome!!!

Good Morning

out the door early at 8,we limit our church sale to one a year,today is the one we like best

slept good,still getting used to these cooler temps.only in the high 60's today

have a great day everyone

Owlvamp great news on the job.  Don't know if I could move again.  I always said when I sold this place, it would lock, stock and barrel.  Now I think the only thing I would take is my yarn, patterns and needles.  Oh and Tampa Guy. :rofl 

Got up extra early this morning.  Went out for the paper and it seems it rained last night.  We needed that.

Going to the grocery store this morning.  Not much else on the agenda.

Have a great day today.

Good Morning Everyone!

I was up early since a delayed text message woke me up about 4:20 and I couldn't go back to sleep. I started some laundry and I'm still working on Halloween costumes. I'm going to dinner with my kids and grandkids later today.

All your talk about cleaning is making me tired and making me look bad.

Snowbear, your Yoda looks adorable.

Brenda, let me know if you solve that refrigerator puzzle because I have the same issue here. Glow at Powell Gardens sounds very interesting and thats a lot of pumpkins.

Owlvamp, good news all around, glad to hear things are going better.

Mary Jo, I'm sure Tampa Guy appreciates that you would take him with you even if he wasn't first on the to go list.  :lol

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!!

Well unfortunately it's not by choice. It's the place at this time where he got a job. I told him I would move one last time. I've done my share and now it's really past time to plant the feet and nail them there........It's not his fault but needless to say I'm tired of moving.

There just is nothing here and no good jobs. So what are we to do? I don't want my soul mate so far away.

To answer minwifeof4boys ? Yes, we are looking around Durham but in the country. I won't move closer to the ocean.. We were lucky with what happen here from the hurricane I don't want to live in water.LOL

Archived