Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lea is correct it's not better this way.. I just stay home and take care of here so not to bad now. Thank goodness were on the same side of the hospital so we get power back pretty quick cause of the hospital.

sandra, I am so glad you are okay... the flooding is horrible!!!!  Hope Mr Moose feels better soon... glad you have yarn and a hook LOL!

Hello all well at last I made it. Back lol. Did some errands then got home and got something around here done then well we had some aupper and now the evening is mine lol.

I also cleaned out the fridge and did two small loads. Of laundry all folded and put away oh and I forget now what i else I did but of. it included a couple little Jobs attached to it lol I call those piggy -back jobs jobs cause they attach them selves to the bigger jobs and hang on till I do them reminding me I, not really done with the big jobs till they are done too!! Lol

We had a cold front move in and they are tossing a freeze warning into the mix too sometime this week. Burrrr get out my blankee huh.

We ha e one tree over a block or so that is absolute radiant neon orange foliage just strikingly beautiful. That tree is always first to turn each fall. now the rest will soon follow with yellows and oranges and reds too I love fall!!oh my standing by to light that first snow candle!!

Good morning!

I'm so happy to hear that our Florida residents are ok! Hurricanes are so scary, and when I hear evacuation, I really feel for those folks!

It finally speed raining here two days ago, thank goodness! It's becoming crisp and cool outside, which is what we call "hoodie weather" I adore my hoodie sweatshirts! The leaves aren't really turning so quickly this year, I love fall foliage so I guess maybe it'll start next week and I can take the kids driving to see the gorgeous colors.

I've been so busy studying and reading, I've realized I need stronger reading glasses. I think my entire body is saying "uncle". It's ready to just give in to my next chapter of aging. So I'm making an appointment at the eye doctor so I can get glasses that won't give me a headache.

I've been trying to knock out a few more scarves before this weekends craft fair. I hope to be able to have a nice selection available. Today I have to take a break though, my youngest son needs a Halloween costume, so well take care of that business early.

I hope everyone has a wonderful dayou!

Rosie

Good Morning Everyone.

No school here today, Jewish holiday, so I am planning to spend the day in my sewing room working on halloween costumes.

Katie, Thank you for the beautiful squares and my kids will love the stickers.

post-4459-0-16526300-1476271230_thumb.jpg

Brenda, root canals are no fun. I also take ibuprofen when I have dental work because codeine makes me sick to my stomach.  I had one dentist a few years ago tell me the ibuprofen is better anyways because it helps reduce the inflamtion and swelling.

Sandra, I'm glad to hear you are ok, sorry you have such a mess to clean up with the leaking roof and debris from the storm.

I hope everyone has a great day, I'll probably checkin again later today.

Good Morning

An extra blanket on the bed,had me sleeping through the night,yea

not much going on,will get some squares started,and work some more on a scarf,its nearing 24 inches

everyone have a great day

Sandra glad you checked in and that you are hanging in there.  I hope the worst is over.

katy such pretty squares you made for cshort.

cshort I thought of you when they said root canal as I remembered you had one not all that long ago.  I actually break out from codeine and any other pain medicine I have been on made me sick to my stomach and dizzy.  I had actually taken ibuprofen that morning anyway.  I have noticed that when I have a head cold or sinus problems that taking it reduces the swelling so I can breathe through my nose again.  

Its raining here today and will stay on the cooler side with a chance of spotty frost tonight.  Then its back up into the 80's.

Fried okra is delicious.

Good Morning everyone.  Hope all are doing well.

Been busy around the house this morning.  Swept down the pool, changed the beds, washed and dried the sheets.  Made breakfast and now ready to go to my corner.

Here is what I have just finished.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157959-snowman-orniments/

Been organizing squares for Rosalie's blanket. Down to 6 needed! I think from messages I've received I've got these coming. Bgs is right. Rainy and cool here today. It was 55 when I woke up and now it's 51, so the temp is dropping. I just looked at the clock and can't believe it's already almost 1 pm. Where has the day gone?

Oh lol I forgot I put in stickers I have had that packed and ready for a mont h or two Carol. Glad they reached you!, safely. Jess you have 5 more squares today or tomorrow as yours and carols were mailed the same day so heads up. Make one more yourself and call it done girl!,,

Lol that is what I'd do anyway,

Owlvamp , lol how's th clean up going an how is moose doing too?

I gave up on. Root canal once so very much trouble and lost the temp too twice so finally just him pull it. Too much,,

I have you vbeat I bet on morning temps. o 44 here this am. Windy and brisk huh lol

Headed off to see MJ'pretties !!!

Just spent the day at Memory Care with mom getting her closet organized for winter.  Last year she was a 1X and this year a large so I went and bought her 4 pairs of pants and 5 shirts to add to a couple things she has.  She was just so unresponsive today, didn't want to talk, didn't know who I was. Chris went with me, he had not seen her since April so he was just floored at how quickly she had gone downhill.

Hope to curl  up with my hook and yard tonight, I did finish 1 strip of a blanket I am making for my nephew , 2 down, 4 to go....

Sorry about the tooth katy...

Hello again.

You all are keeping busy. Your talk about 40 and 50 temps is making me cold.

Mary Jo, the ornaments are adorabe.

I finished the fairy costume for my littlest granddaughter, just need to make a headband to go with it but I don't have the elastic on hand for it. The skeleton costume for my grandson was finished on Saturday so now I am working on a Rapunzel costume for the oldest granddaughter.

I took a break from sewing to have something to eat and then I'll sew a little more before bed. 

Have a great evening.

we had 80 degrees,just before the storm,and yes now 50's feel down right COLD

I'm one of those that like to ease into either hot or cold weather,not 30 degrees drops in a days time

I'd just prefer it to stay between 60 and 80. Under 60 is too cold for me anymore.... Didn't get anything but laundry and dishes done the last two days. Work the next two nights, then day shift on Sunday again.

Coming up on some vacation days after the 24th, hope to get some things done :)

Have a good night all.

37 when I woke up this morning..

Patiently waiting for my incisions to get the scabs gone so I can wrap again. I had been doing so well until I had to have surgery. Every 3 days exactly. Had lost 20 pounds in a month and a half. And was seeing a difference in my belly being slimmed down, and can't wait to get back at it. I've started my greens again and all my supplements, with the okay of my doctor, so ready to get this weight off.

Washing machine decided this morning it was going to stop spinning all the water out so after some research online I read to check the drain hose. One of rosalies socks had gotten stuck so I was able to get that out and viola! We drain again! Didn't even have to call or text Rc lol.

Getting things packed today so we can leave tomorrow around noon to go to branson for the wedding. Boys are out of school (how lucky!) And rc is taking off early and wants to leave no later than noon. Rehearsal is at 5pm.

Have fun at the wedding. 

Ok we are doing fine weather wise, no humidity, but that is going to change.  We are still going to go up to 80.

At 70 I have long pants on and getting the afghans out.

So sorry Lea about your Mom.  I know it was hard on my cousin when my Aunt got worse and worse. 

Well off to make some turkeys.

Beautiful and crisp here this morning, finished up some paper work , put the dishes away and had some " brunch", 

I need to get a few outside things done today..... looking forward to the sunshine....

I think I need to move down MJ's way...  sunshine is so cheerful!  Hoping to put the final touches on  "Peggy" , my new doll and her Halloween dress. I got her tights in the mail today.

When I emptied out the storage building the other day I found a "Lucy Ghan" I had done all teh squares for and never put together, might work a bit on that AND my yearn came in for Ethan's ( gb#3) ghan  so may be that will happen...

with the zoo we have around here, sweeping is at least a daily chore.... Chris is home today so I have to force myself to to stuff cause I just want to hang out and be lazy with him.... semi retired takes some getting use to!

Well all busy bees today huh.

JEssica you win with low overnights temps lol. We. However got a pretty frost overnight which didn't last long when the sun came out. Still chilly out now.

I too changes sheets yesterday MJ lol and I did sis sleep well I think because of it. Lol

Your little snow men are so so cute I love them!! I love the little peas too a while. A while back they were so darling.

Mini I bet your little doll is going to to be darling when done as well so do show us.

Hi PIneknott and have. Good rime at the wedding Jess and family.

There was frost on the windshield this morning. I spent yesterday carrying in tropicals, picking the garden, and covering the climbing (also called vine or chinese okra) as those vines are loaded but too small to pick. Its not the regular okra that is slimey. It is actually in the luffa family and the texture is more like zucchini until they get big and tough then the interior looks like a luffa sponge. This is what it looks like http://www.kitazawaseed.com/seed_177-39.html

Cshort your puffy is in the mail.

Mary Jo I loved the snowmen.

From what I'm gathering via my weather app it's supposed to be in the 80s Saturday.

I hate shopping for myself and I have to go get something tomorrow to wear to the wedding. I don't wear dresses much, and think I'm gonna look for a long sweater to wear over my leggings from Lula roe.

Hello.

I am back in my own classroom after 4 weeks of sharing a room with another class, hopefully the air conditioner is really fixed.

Mary Jo, thank you for the squares they are soooo pretty and the pumpkin dishcloth is adorable.

post-4459-0-12406400-1476396816_thumb.jpg

Brenda, Frost on the window is too cold for me.

Jessicali, have fun at the wedding.

I had lots of energy today until I sat down and ate dinner, now I feel like I need to go to sleep. So have a good night everyone.

Such a cute pumpkin  !  I think I have that pattern.... somewhere...

Beautiful here, chris and I were able to sit outside this evening and enjoy the birds, trees.... now we are inside, getting ready to eat some home made chili and  I am going to crochet and binge watch Castle  ..

Archived