Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning.  Another beautiful and hot day in Florida.

Got most of the tote done.  Hope to put it together today and then off to decide the pocket colors.

Lots of football today, So I will be on my couch most of the day.

Right now I am watching Shark Tail with Will Smith.  I love some of these Disney Movies, they really make me laugh.  Good way to start the day with a good laugh.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda sorry about Bill's aunt. Is this the one that couldnt come a couple of months ago?

Lacey hope you are having a better day. It makes you realize you have to stop and enjoy the time you do get with family and friends. Many of my coworkers and I worked so many years together we were like family. We are still friends today

Sandra hope you have a good day.

Mary Jo so all these years you were supposed to be signing your name Mary-Jo but instead have been using an alias? I hope all your teams win today. It finally feels like football weather here.

We have been getting a few rain showers off and on today. About 1230 the front went through and the temperature finally dropped so it feels and looks like fall.

Thanks you all. Mother is home and doing good. Now to get her up walking around. It hard to tell your Mother what to do. When she thinks she know whats best for her to rest all day. No, DRS. says, she has to get and move around. Rest some. Walk some. Mother don't want to. It is hard to tell your Mother what she need to do. And she ignore you. I have one of those stubborn  Mother. When Mother makes up her mind. That is it.  What do to. Just pray for Me and her. She is to get the cathor out Tues.  Thanks for all your prayers. :)

I all was busy all day so didn't get t com in. Glad all well. Rai. Here today too. Might again tonight so handy has started the ark. That's the easy part. My job no doubt collect two of everything and if I have to do it I'm only packin animals I like Lol

And if he thinks too that I'm going to sew that super sized sail for him. Uh. No LOL

Well I. Beat probably did too much today regarding shoulder but I had things to do!! That's all,,

Ok shower soon then on the bed watching something!!

Night all till tomorrow.

Good Morning

A bit overcast,chance of rain,post office run today,drop off video,Miracles from Heaven to library

I have to start remembering to not drink tea,so late in the evening causing me to have to get up in the middle of the night.

Bill's at the dentist,better him than me,well everyone,have a great day

Good Morning all. It is so cool this morning. It feel so nice here  in the mtns.  of TN.  Until about 11:00. It starts heating up. I done had my 2 cups of coffee. Ready for the day. I came home around 5 pm yesterday. But I will be leaving here about 11Am  to go stay with my Mother again. My sister stay last night. My Mother is doing good. Well washing a load of clothes. Gotta go clean breakfast dishes up. Chat later. Everyone have a nice day.  :ghug

Good Morning all. It is so cool this morning. It feel so nice here  in the mtns.  of TN.  Until about 11:00. It starts heating up. I done had my 2 cups of coffee. Ready for the day. I came home around 5 pm yesterday. But I will be leaving here about 11Am  to go stay with my Mother again. My sister stay last night. My Mother is doing good. Well washing a load of clothes. Gotta go clean breakfast dishes up. Chat later. Everyone have a nice day.  :ghug

glad to hear she continues to do well

Hi all. Linda was up early today chore planning already lol. Gla mom continues to dp well Arlene!

I just sat down after working in the hose for some lunch. I had my cup o soup lol and now eating some red grapes with my yogurt!! How is it that any flavor of yogurt and any fruit go so well together!!

Found a couple old crossword puzzle book with a few left I. There to do is all so will do the rest of those then throw it out as tomorrow is our trash day.

Oh my car came back from its oil change and 32 point check up with flying colors so she is winter ready now even her under-coating

rated an A plus!!

And handy has his first physical therapy tomorrow aft. Already he is complaining lol. Oh well have to do it!!!

Our next door neighbors had their tree down too and their stump is still in the yard just like ours was. I told her I had to call them I. Order to find out when they are scheduling that!!!!

Tonight we are fixing my mom's home made slumgullion. Look it up lol my dad was German and Dutch my mom was English and well English.lol. We had tea all the time. Lol. After school snack typically was hot tea and graham crackers or ginger snaps lol. Everyone wanted to come over after school with us!! But we just assumed everyone had that afternoon tea time. We had no clue it was just us lol

Oh the days huh!! We never really appreciate things at the time when we have them it's only when we don't have them anymore do we

really realize what we are missing now. Such a shame it's a lesson and

One we all learn the hard way as well.

I remember riding kiddie rides at fairs and such wishing I . Could be big so I could ride the big rides.

When that time came I looked longing down to the kiddie rides thinking wow I wish I could ride those again. I had so much fun on those!!

SO I guess we learn the lesson over and over and over in our lifetimes huh. One day though maybe it will all sync up for us all huh? or not.

Ok well grapes are all gone. BAxk to work. See you all later this aft I'm sure.

Have a grand and glorious day. It's fall here it was in the 40 's over night. Chilly!! ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Busy day here! We spent the weekend  with ds#4 band his wife, lovely time!  Igot a bit of crochet done in the car going down and coming back, but for some reason I was starting to get car sick doing it so I had to stop.  I am not sure if it was the fact we were driving into the sun or not...

I had Bible Study this morning and then lunch with MIL and another lady from Bible Study.  stopped by the local thrift store that hires  autistic folks to work there, and dropped off some stuff and then did some shopping. stopped off to the post office and mailed a surprise!  Came home and did the bathrooms, cooked dh some shrimp and grits, did some laundry and dishes and had a tough conversation with my 17yo..soon to be 18 yo niece...

About ready  to do a bit of crochet and relax... no debates for me tonight... its been too busy of a day...LOL

Hugs~ Lea

Katy

I had to look that up,had never heard of that,when times were lean,his mom would cook something called stone soup,basically,little bits of this and that left overs with potatoes and noodles.Got Jessacali's squares mailed off,received a wonderful surprise in the mail from one of our most uplifting and giving FGM's,thank you so much,still can't wipe the smile off my face,I've always wanted a tall thread angel,what a beauty,and she is mine all mine.

Katy

I had to look that up,had never heard of that,when times were lean,his mom would cook something called stone soup,basically,little bits of this and that left overs with potatoes and noodles.Got Jessacali's squares mailed off,received a wonderful surprise in the mail from one of our most uplifting and giving FGM's,thank you so much,still can't wipe the smile off my face,I've always wanted a tall thread angel,what a beauty,and she is mine all mine.

Sounds like you got one awesome package. The angel sounds beautiful. I make clean the refrigerator out soup. I had to laugh at one episode of The Middle when it was expired can soup night because when I make soup I search the cabinets and combine the short dated or expired canned veggies in the pot.

You soup reminds me of when my Dad made soup.  You never asked what was in it, and it was always good, especially with his homemade noodles. 

Good Morning everyone.  Glad to hear everyone is doing some what better.

The temp will be down into the high 80's this week, so maybe we will start losing the humidity.

My teams did ok.  The local one had an hours rest due to lightning, and STILL LOST.  Oh well, no hope there, but most of my other won.  Way to go KC and Eagles.

Hope to finish the Halloween tote today.  Still not sure of the pocket, but Tampa Guy is calling it the Picasso of totes.  :rofl 

Have a fun day everyone

Good Morning

spent most of it trying to learn BPDC, the FPDC came easy but the other one I just couldn't wrap my brain around that one, took two videos and one in very slowwwwwwwwwwwww motion for it to click for me,but now I've mastered it and proceed with doing a waffle weave scarf.

someone approached me in the parking lot,down on her luck,older woman,I just don't know why but I gave her the last $7 dollars I had,it just felt right to me,butI thought and thought,and all I could think of,was that it was faith based,I know we don't talk religion on here,so I'll just leave that point to ponder.

Hi all

Oh can't wait to see your prett angeL!!!

Glad your teams or most of them did ok ,,, Bgs root canals are no fun huh. Good luck withe next two

Sounds like a busy time mini!! Been keeping busy. Found my bin of winter wear so put the sweaters in a n empty drawer ( yeah the one that Was stuck!!). So they are handy glanced through a Mary maxim book such cute things.

I might go through some off my crochet ooks and phamphlets later see what I don't need/want or will use again. See what I can pass on I saw too last

T catalog fro Mary maxim that they carry a product you paint or spray on the bottom of slippers or sox!! Sock something maybe sock stuff or I forget gonna get some of that though!!!that is what I have looked for a long time something that stops the slipper from being

So slippery on the bottom. So good it's finally out there!, somewhere lol.

Hope you day is filled with good things ladies. Be back later on.

Hey everyone. I've been out of it the past 2 days. I am currently waiting to get a scan at the ER and they're talking about admitting me. My gallbladder jsut isn't getting any better, and they just said they are calling general surgery to see about tomorrow for surgery. I'm doped on morphine right now and of course I have NO yarn or hook with me, but I do have the Kindle app on my phone so I guess I'll read.

Linda I have to stop and think a bit to do bpdc. fpdc just seems to come more natural but I have done a lot more of them. It sounds like your encounter was meant to be and you will be rewarded for your kindness someday. I am glad this parking lot encounter ended well as anymore you are just as apt to be mugged.

Katy Handy might already have stuff to put on your slipper socks so you dont slide----either liquid electrical tape or plasti dip (they dip tool handles like pliers in it). So far I am lucky that my tooth hasnt hurt very bad. It feels more weird than painful but that could change anytime. It started two weeks after the permanent crown was put on so now they have to drill through the crown and then fill it.

I know what you mean,and I was cautious when she approached me and did turn and see if anyone was coming up on the back side of me,like I mentioned I don't know where the 7 came from,I will most times give just a dollar or two,hey I know what it was, tee hee,it was that angel that I couldn't get to in my car inside the box,lol

Good Morning Everyone.

Wow Linda, what a nice thing and yes the rewards come later.

Jessica, I do hope all goes well with you.

The tote is done and soon to have it's picture taken.

We just had some spritzes of rain and now the sun is out.

Off to sprinkle some stuff on the lawn, before we get more sprinkles or rain.

Big :ghug Hugs for everyone

Good Morning

The tree people were out to clean up the tree from last months lightning strike,they think it a good chance that it will survive

they were certainly prompt,they said 8 am,and thats when the door bell rang.

Mary-Jo,wow,another tote to make its debute real soon,one is always nicer than the one before.

Archived