Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning everyone.

Watching the storm pretty closely here.  It was a Cat 5 for a while, now it is down to a Cat4.  Let's hope it makes the turn, cause if it hits the warm waters of the Gulf, It is sure to explode.  Good wishes and prayers for  those in the path.

Not much going on here.  Waiting for an address for the tote.  May not get it till Monday, but that is life.

Jessica glad to hear you are improving.

Pineknott I understand how hard it is to shop for someone, and even sometimes yourself. I still have trouble getting things that fit correctly.  Boy do I miss my Mom's sewing skills.  She could take one pattern and make it fit all 3 of us girls with different body parts.

I have a couple of things to finish up today, then I will relax and decide on my next project.

Have a fun day and lots of :ghug 's for everyone.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!! Well I have some good. News today. I heard from GRannyannie yesterday via snail mail!!

She says she doesn't get on line much anymore as her stamina is too low to chat much but she thinks about us all the time and misses us all.

She said she sure was delighted to get my card and note as it made her feel she was still a part of us and said she will try to check I. Soon for a bit.

I wonder who all among us would be interested in sending her a card and shower her with caring thoughts. IM going to send her a card more often and I hope those of you that can will as well. Call it a card shower and make it rain smiles for Ann. She would just be so pleased to hear from us I.am sure!!

I think too I will send a scarf or two for her charity Compassionate Creations Her thread is here on the ville for those of you that might want to make a scarf or two. I have her addy and an email. THough she confesses she doesn't check her mail often enough so it might take a while to reply to your mail. I'm so glad we heard from her. She has been a long time member as some of you know and will always be a part of this group. Do what you can if you can it would please her immensely just to hear from some of you!!

Cloudy day here looks like rain and somewhat chilly too. Boy I had a night of weird dreams lol ca t remember much of them but they were pretty weird.

How is Jessica.doing today I hope you are feeling more yourself today!! And owlvamp any luck on the work front?

BGs hope all is well with you and Lacey and holly and all we haven't hea d from lately

Hello Lacey good to hear things are ok with you and yours.

Tampa good for you to take a break as you Re always working o. All sorts of things. Glad for you to be taking a day off for you!! I saw thT hurricane looks a bit ferocious!! Hope all I. It's path the.best in its way!!

PIneknott that is how Kmart did here too just o e day up and gone. We only have the original Kmart built in Omaha left all other store locations we used to have been gone for a long time it seems. I did see it's got an online site though Hec I remember going to Kmart at that original location when I was very young!! Mostly would have mom drop us off and go spend our weekly allowances on the hit 45's of the time lol. They kept them in a locked glass case so you always hD to go get someone from the jewelry dept to unlock it lol. 45's. Wow. Imagine thT lol

Wel. Ti d to get crack in' I guess so will. Be aroundI later squares. Till then keep the sun shining in your hearts and think positive. They say it helps!!

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure what has been keeping me away other than work and family. I really need to try to get here more often. I'm spending the weekend at my youngest daughter's house helping with the baby since my daughter is working today and Monday which is a day off for me.

Enjoy your weekend!

Good Morning( glances at clock)yep still morning.

was up before 6,just puttered around and then put the headset on and got 4 hrs of book on tape done while crocheting,ah yes multi tasking at its best,lol

Ha Linda truly a woman's second nature , multitasking. where as a foreign and absent attribute to most men. Just an opinion based on observance and experience!! Lol glad to ou enjoyed your morning!!

I and hello ms Carol you have been hiding lately. How is your daughter now and is the ac finally fixed in your classroom?? Just I. Time for the cooler season. NOw let's hope the heater works!! Lol.

I just ordered a portable Holmes room heater as my other one that I always only use in the. Craft room now is only got two speeds now high isn't working anymore I will still keep it but if I lose another setting all I got is fan lol so want to be prepared in mid winter lol. I still have low and med but high on the fan went I guess it happens this is or the new one will be or the first new one new one will be my third one altogether but thT isn't that bad cause I had the second one from work as . It was under mY desk and the one I have now I bought on eBay so due for a brand newbie . In here now so I don't roast handy out I sit by the wi Dow summer and winter for the light and the view and in the winter the light is great but it does get a bit chilly and the furnace vent is is way across the room lol

I was going to pay bills today then remembered it was Saturday and I mostly pay my bills by phone and the utilities places don't answer on weekends only weekdays. So that will be done Monday and then three of them are auto withdrawal so I don't have to do them at all. Lol. Soo me too taking the aft off lol

walmarts site must be I dunno busy today I had to try it a couple times to find what I wanted over there on their site but I got free shipping at that lol didn't have what I wanted at the one here In Town so just ordered it to ship. What's. A Couple days wait lol. Beats driving about 15- more miles to another Walmart.

Good afternoon everyone! This weekend was Homecoming where I graduated and it was the first year that I've not been to the game since Michael was born in 2006. It's not a major year for me, only 13 years since I graduated so we hadn't planned to go either. It's my mother's 35th reunion this year. We plan to see family at my brothers wedding in a couple weeks in Branson, MO, so they understand, even more so now why we didn't come home. I've caught up on my Days of Our Lives that I missed while I was in the hospital.

I finally had a bowel movement today (sorry - TMI - I was going on 2 1/2 weeks without having one - since BEFORE my gallbladder started messing up.)

The boys are working on homework today and have been a HUGE help with me with laundry. Connor puts them in the washer, Michael puts them in dryer and then on the bed for me to fold. Another reason I like the Gain Flings, because there's no overfilling the machine with soap. Theyve been awesome help. 

I've not had to take a lot of pain pills, which is good. I am dying to take a bath & shave my legs, because I know I can't do that while in the shower. I hope to get to that tonight. 

I finished another pumpkin hat and diaper cover set today, so now I'm not sure what to work on. I might start a new afghan or something! I bought a super cute pattern (I think it's cute anyways - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/charlie-blanket and I really like this one from the same designer too! I have a thing lately for the Popcorn Stitch. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/marlize-blanket)

Mary Jo

I'm right behind you with  47 yrs and that was even with being kept back two yrs,going from  public school to a catholic school and it didn't help that I was absent alot due to my mom's ill health.

I dont know where the week went. Mon we had dental appointments and Thurs we had our eye exams and well nothing like that is a short drive for us. Then we left home at 730 this morning and got back about 9pm. We were at the Japan Festival at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park KS with the bonsai society. Mary Jo's Oct tote which I really really loved made me want to get my Halloween things out so I did. I have one of those pumpkin lights that is about 2 feet in diameter that uses a wire form for the shape and is wrapped with the plastic string stuff then my moms lighted ceramic pumpkin with a ghost scene, a ceramic light with a pumpkin and black cat, the Hallmark plush ghost and jack o lantern that sing a song to the tune of The Addams Family, little things in the windows

and spiders hanging from the latches(my favorite one is on a spring),black cat with a witches hat banner,the funkin we carved a Boston Terrier face (made one for neighbor

as she used to have two and dh was

very fond of them) my Halloween garden flags kitchen towels and and a few other things. I have three of those long tall flags to put out but will wait til it rains later in week----witch ghost and jack o lantern. Then I found myself in the middle of multiple unplained cleaning projects yet the house is by no means spotless just parts here and there. dh picked a 3 gal bucket of beans for me to hull out. (and says there is probably two more buckets of them to pick. I had to spend a day on the sewing machine patching a pocket for dh(the hardest of the projects) converting one of his long sleeved shirts to short sleeved as he wore a hole in an elbow, patching a pair of my niece khaki shorts. She works for MO. Conservation Dept and it looks like she didnt quite clear a barbed wire fence. Then I cleaned our solar lights and replaced batteries. Going to have to work on a few of them again as they either are not recharging or batteries are breaking connection. I have made a few potholders scarves and stocking for dh for work to sell for their version of United Way campaign.

Katy so glad you heard from Ann. I was so worried about her I actually went on line to check the death notices for the last 6 months in her area. I will mail her a card. I am resdy to chill out in my chair with a diet coke watching my Halloween lights and Svenghoolies presentation of Monolith Monsters.

I dont know where the week went. Mon we had dental appointments and Thurs we had our eye exams and well nothing like that is a short drive for us. Then we left home at 730 this morning and got back about 9pm. We were at the Japan Festival at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park KS with the bonsai society. Mary Jo's Oct tote which I really really loved made me want to get my Halloween things out so I did. I have one of those pumpkin lights that is about 2 feet in diameter that uses a wire form for the shape and is wrapped with the plastic string stuff then my moms lighted ceramic pumpkin with a ghost scene, a ceramic light with a pumpkin and black cat, the Hallmark plush ghost and jack o lantern that sing a song to the tune of The Addams Family, little things in the windows

and spiders hanging from the latches(my favorite one is on a spring),black cat with a witches hat banner,the funkin we carved a Boston Terrier face (made one for neighbor

as she used to have two and dh was

very fond of them) my Halloween garden flags kitchen towels and and a few other things. I have three of those long tall flags to put out but will wait til it rains later in week----witch ghost and jack o lantern. Then I found myself in the middle of multiple unplained cleaning projects yet the house is by no means spotless just parts here and there. dh picked a 3 gal bucket of beans for me to hull out. (and says there is probably two more buckets of them to pick. I had to spend a day on the sewing machine patching a pocket for dh(the hardest of the projects) converting one of his long sleeved shirts to short sleeved as he wore a hole in an elbow, patching a pair of my niece khaki shorts. She works for MO. Conservation Dept and it looks like she didnt quite clear a barbed wire fence. Then I cleaned our solar lights and replaced batteries. Going to have to work on a few of them again as they either are not recharging or batteries are breaking connection. I have made a few potholders scarves and stocking for dh for work to sell for their version of United Way campaign.

Katy so glad you heard from Ann. I was so worried about her I actually went on line to check the death notices for the last 6 months in her area. I will mail her a card. I am resdy to chill out in my chair with a diet coke watching my Halloween lights and Svenghoolies presentation of Monolith Monsters.

Sounds like you've had quite the busy week! 

Good Morning!

Woohoo I've made 2 days in a row!

Katie, the AC in my classroom has been out for a solid 2 weeks, we were waiting for a part. I thought the head custodian and administration knew that it was still out but apparently they didn't. So when they found out of Friday they made some phone calls and were told the part should arrive that day so hopefully it will be fixed on tuesday, there is no school on Monday. We have been hanging out with another preschool class but the program in that class is a little different than mine and a little overwhelming for some of my students.

I think we are planning to go to church this morning and not sure if there are any plans after that. Tomorrow I am going to take my grandbaby to my house. My daughter will come have dinner and pick up the baby when she gets off work.

Jessica, I'm glad you have such great help while you are recovering and I hope you heal quickly.

I guess that's about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning everyone.

Been up since 6 this morning and have got a lot done.  We bought a ham the other day and today we cut it in slices, pieces and chunks.  Plus we kept the bone and some other pieces to make ham and cabbage.  I cut up out fish for dinner tonight, it is Fish Frances, or Fish in lemon butter sauce.  Very light and delicious.

We paid bills and later we will be packing up the tote today.

Hope everyone has a great day and are all feeling better today.

Off to make breakfast and watch the football game from London.

Good Morning 

woke up at 5:30,should have stayed up but didn't,thought I would just rest my eyes a bit more and next thing I know someone is telling me its 9 a.m.oops.

Mary Jo,hearing about the ham,makes me want Split pea soup,I don't make it much,as I'm the only one who likes it

Bgs,what a busy week you had. Jesicali continued good healing for you. Cshort enjoy your day off,hope the system is fixed soon.

Tribble,bet you'll sleep good later,I remember a few double shifts,4 to 12,then they needed someone 12 to 8

This is my 40th class reunion this year...not going because I feel I need to stay close to home with the moms both needing me.... Went to see Sully the movie yesterday I highly recommend it... woke up in the middle of the night with a diverticulitis attack... fortuantely we keep antibiotics around for this  so I immediately took a couple and some Tylenol.. moaned about how I thought I was dying and perhaps needed to go to the guest room so Chris would have to sell the bed if I died in it..slept till 11:00  feeling better but resting today.... plenty of crochet time ahead

This is my 40th class reunion this year...not going because I feel I need to stay close to home with the moms both needing me.... Went to see Sully the movie yesterday I highly recommend it... woke up in the middle of the night with a diverticulitis attack... fortuantely we keep antibiotics around for this  so I immediately took a couple and some Tylenol.. moaned about how I thought I was dying and perhaps needed to go to the guest room so Chris would have to sell the bed if I died in it..slept till 11:00  feeling better but resting today.... plenty of crochet time ahead

Sorry I had to laugh about the dying and the selling of the bed.  How quickly we forget labor pains.

Pineknott I love the resting of the eyes.  I wish I could do that, but once the eyes open in the morning that is all she wrote till it is time to go to bed.

Big Hugs everyone.

Oh my such busy busy people!! Makes what I thought was some good progress this weekend look like child's play to all of you busy people. My main goal this weekend was to "Do" the linen closet. It was getting a bit out of hand I.n There lol. And condensed it down to where we can remove the bottom shelf and put the an now put the port ac away where it will thrive this winter. There with the bottom shelf removed so it will fit now.

AMd of course some things then had to be "freshened up" by a twirl in the washer and dryer. Lol. One job always leads to another I tell ya! I have a hamper in the main bath but no it doesn't hold dirty clothes that is forbidden lol it holds exta towels and stuff probably been in there since I moved here lol so cleaned that all out and found my stash of.brand new wash cloths and dishcloths forgot they were In There lol as usually a stack of rowels sits on the lid and it never gets open so got busy and went through my current supply of those thing and got rid of some of them to the rag drawer for handy when he needs a rag not a white dish towel LOL.

So it am restocked in those two areas. Lol and then had to put it all back and In Order but needed that space for that to live this winter lol.

I put the really thick washcloths in the hamper too we seem to prefer the smaller thinner ones and I use a scrubby or a loofah anyway so won't miss them. Again left a few of the dark colored ones thin and thick Exclusively for handy lol. I was surprised that I only pulled a few out out for their new job of being rags lol most were in good shape. So many brands too I found Hilton cannon royal Utica mainstay to count a few lol. I didn't pay much attention to towel makers he he lol if the like them I buy them lol

There is a noticeable difference in quality too with the big name brands thicker and more long lasting me thinks

So now you know that job started last evening when I was bored and I just finished the last load of washing and drying and it is all clean again. I had overflow in my craft room from it as my folding was easier at the table In there. So overflow gone now too bathrooms re stocked and hampers in place once again. Sigh.

Besides that got my light comforter laundered and dried and will fold that back up in It's plastic case when I'm sure it is totally dry tomorrow or the next day and get that off the to do list too. ????

That fish dish does sound good. We don't eat a lot of seafood just don't care for so much of it both of us soo but I love the LongJohns Silver fish lol handy always gets chicken planks there lol.

I have howeve eaten shark which I thought was great and I like lobster of course and dont like shrimp at all crab is good in dips and I like Mrs Pauls lol GIve me a good t -bone or porterhouse anyday lol

Ok well my deepest and darkest secret is now bared for all to see. Oh I do take fish or krill oil for general health though!!! That has got to count for something right!!!

Well my point way back there was sometimes you ladies put. Me to shame accomplishing so much more than I did lol so stop that will ya! Ok well off for a bit see what I can take off my todo list today. See ya soo. Hope you are putting your feet up for a while and letting me cAtch up some!!!! So put a pin in it. It will wait!

????????????

Good morning!

Sounds like you all have really busy lives! Busy is good! It's almost 430 in the morning and I can't sleep any more. It's infuriating, I wonder, as I approach 50, if this is going to get worse as I get older. Eventually maybe I won't sleep at all and I'll just wander around all night.

I went back to school, starting two weeks ago for my EMT-CC, it's a paramedic but without the electives to make it a degree. For two weeks we've been learning about legal stuff and wellness. So, I've learned that I should always do my best, and eat vegetables. Oh, and never talk about patients. Next week we start Anatomy and Physiology, so finally something interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

My kids a have a few days off from school, so happy new year to our Jewish friend and family.

I've begun making "road trip " scarves. They're easy and come out really cute. I'm doing a craft fair in 2 weeks so I should have some items to put up, besides the regular scarves, hats, and baby blankets.

It's a little chilly here today, I just hope the clouds go away, is been gloomy for 3 days now, and my mood would be better with some sun.

I hope everyone in the south is safe from hurricane Matthew!

Take care!

Good Morning.

3 days in a row, I might be on a roll here.

Yesterday was a pretty relaxed day, church, lunch at the diner and back to my daughter's house to spend the afternoon relaxing and playing with my grandbaby. I have the day off and my daughter had to work so I have my grandbaby for the day, she is asleep on my lap right now.  I don't have any real plans for today.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Archived