Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Jessica I'm sorry to here that. Please keep us in the know and hope this clears up fo you soon. Two of my sibs have had their gall

Bladders out a long time ago and are both doing fine withou it. One has to watch her intake of greasy and or spiced food though.

Linda you are very generous to have done that you made a significant difference in someone's life for sure!! I have been known for putting or giving money to those that stand on the corner with the sign "will work for food . As it is against the law here to panhandle for money. Out of all of the times I have done that only one person let me down a little but can't win um all huh.

I was just leaving Walmart and there was a guy with the sign on the corner. I reached over to my passenger seat as I had no change at all and grabbed out an apple and some grapes I think and Handed it to him. He did thank me and as I drove off I saw in my rear view mirror him giving me the finger. ??? Here was food and he didn't have to work for it but I guess he wanted money huh. Oh well.

BGs and PIneknott those stitches come so easy to me however I do seem to have struggles with the crocodile tears idea oh and I do despise trying

to make a decent bouillon stitch too. Mine. NEver come out like the books lol. There are others I come across that I think I'll try that one day LOL. And others I think umm no way too much trouble lol. I'' selective I guess I guess on what I want to spend time and yarn on lol

Sun is shinning but a fall chill is in the air. I love it lol. Crispy fall day here leaves crunch under each step and I am getting hungry for caramel covered apple and sweet potatoe pie !! An old recipie from a old friend that quickly became our favorite pie. So much better and richer than punkin pie although that is good too. Lol

I prefer pie over most cakes I gue ss but won't t say no to a strawberry whipped cream Jello cake. 'most call it a " poke cake. "remember lol

Ok over and out for now.

I am still at the hosp8tal but in a normal room. I was admitted around 10 last night and got my gallbladder out around 9 this mornjng. I've not a clue what went on today. I was so doped up. But I've got a lot of sleep yet stillc so sleepy. And hungry. So hubgry. They're seeing if the cafe will bring me some oatmeal. All I've had since yesterday 9am is a turkey sandwich, chips, fruit and 1 thing of jello - At 1130 last night. 1 tube jello olsometime todsy. I remember it being yellow but orange flavored. Ha.

Ah the joys of hospital food.  It has improved in some areas though.

Glad to hear you are feeling ok.  My cousin had her gall bladder out and doing fine.

You do sound like you are still on happy pills.

Take care and try to relax.

Oh Jessica it's all over already good for you!, you are a trooper!! And she's hungry lol hope you get some mild food soon and you have a speedy recovery!! SO glad it is all done with now!! Rest and relax Jessica so body can heal. Talk to you soon do they know how long you will be I. There?. Take care. Thanks for letting us know appreciate it as when one of ours is down we all tend to worry!!

Night night.????????????????⭕️❌⭕️❌

Mary Jo my neice loves that neon green and orange. I have made her enough things out of those colors they are starting to grow on me a bit. I would never say they were my favorite but they are bright and cheerful and are great for Halloween. I kind of feel like each color has its place and is usually very pretty in that place. I might not want to wear or paint the house orange but I love orange pumpkins and leaves.

Neon colors are my favorite. I can never pick a favorite neon color. I love them all!!!

I am still at the hosp8tal but in a normal room. I was admitted around 10 last night and got my gallbladder out around 9 this mornjng. I've not a clue what went on today. I was so doped up. But I've got a lot of sleep yet stillc so sleepy. And hungry. So hubgry. They're seeing if the cafe will bring me some oatmeal. All I've had since yesterday 9am is a turkey sandwich, chips, fruit and 1 thing of jello - At 1130 last night. 1 tube jello olsometime todsy. I remember it being yellow but orange flavored. Ha.

I had my gallbladder out in 1997. Wow, that was a long time ago! You will do fine. They didn't keep me overnight, I got to go home the same day they took the gallbladder out. But they did the laser surgery on me, I don't have that huge scar, just 2 little scars.

Internet is still hit and miss! Crazy thing. Seems that the box that the internet is provided from is too small for our town. The one that supplies us with our service is being used for about 4 streets when there is supposed to be one box for each street. Makes our internet very laggy and down a good bit of the evening and night. They are supposed to be working on it to get it up to where its supposed to be. Not holding my breath...

Little Tribble can't seem to stay out of trouble at school. He's been having to write sentences for me which he hates. We've tried every other punishment, we are hoping that this will work. I think he is bored. They did the testing last week and his score for math is 7 points higher than what they want it to be at the end of the school year and his reading and grammer is only 3 points under what they want it to be by the end of the school year. I am really at a loss with how to keep him entertained. His Social Studies and Science scores are normal.

Have a great night all!!

I've got 4 incisions. My gallbladder was infected pretty bad according to what they told rc when the doctor called to let him know I was out of surgery. I just had my first bout with gas pains this evening and holy hell that hurt. We are hoping to get to go home tomorrow but we will see how the pain is going. I am still getting antibiotics through iv for the infection in gb and also for a uti. post-46820-0-41197800-1475122388_thumb.jpg

I've got 4 incisions. My gallbladder was infected pretty bad according to what they told rc when the doctor called to let him know I was out of surgery. I just had my first bout with gas pains this evening and holy hell that hurt. We are hoping to get to go home tomorrow but we will see how the pain is going. I am still getting antibiotics through iv for the infection in gb and also for a uti. attachicon.gif20160928_174309.jpg

Well you take it easy and do not watch anything funny.  You think gas pains are bad.

Take care and hope you get to go home soon.

Well, it rained all night.  It is a lot cooler this morning.

I hope everyone is going to have a great day.

Hilo all. Wow Jess that was some ordeal. Poor thing I hope soon you can go home we always seem to do better once home!!

Trib well teacher might suggest more advanced work or classes for him that would more occupy his mind?? I hope it all works out soo !!

NIce day here today. here much like yesterday a nice fallish day. Probably next week it will be snowing lol as fall around here anyway never seems to last. Very. Long at all haandy's #2 out of a total of 18 visits to the physical therapy is in . About an hour. Tuesday went well but they were talking needles. Now I would have asked then you said what now???? I suppose they may mean acupuncture but not sure. You know me.n Never . Ever ask questions

Well laundry is ready for the dryer so I'll be back a little bit later ok have a good one all.

Geez Jessica, take care of yourself sweetie!

I visited my mom on Tuesday and they set up a memory station right across from her room.  So fun because she calls it her livingroom and says she hired a cleaning lady  something s Alzheimer can't change... my mom hatedto cvlean and would rather work to pay someone or have us kids do it and my dad then do it  herself LOL

rainy here, we have all kinds of flood warnings up..

Hilo all. Wow Jess that was some ordeal. Poor thing I hope soon you can go home we always seem to do better once home!!

Trib well teacher might suggest more advanced work or classes for him that would more occupy his mind?? I hope it all works out soo !!

NIce day here today. here much like yesterday a nice fallish day. Probably next week it will be snowing lol as fall around here anyway never seems to last. Very. Long at all haandy's #2 out of a total of 18 visits to the physical therapy is in . About an hour. Tuesday went well but they were talking needles. Now I would have asked then you said what now???? I suppose they may mean acupuncture but not sure. You know me.n Never . Ever ask questions

Well laundry is ready for the dryer so I'll be back a little bit later ok have a good one all.

Got a letter from the school today about putting Little Tribble in the Talented and Gifted program for math. I am hoping this keeps him out of trouble! :) He's such a character!

Bah, I have to do laundry tomorrow. I hate laundry, never seems to be done. LOL.

Hope you get to go home tomorrow, Jessicali

Have a good night all.

While the gas pains are awful, I have this need to cough and that hurts pretty good too. I was released this evening around 5. We came straight home and Rc made me dinner. He had hoped I was getting out today, so he made some kind of chicken in the crock pot. Along with Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli. Yum!

Good Morning

today we head across the river to Newport News to see if we can find his mom some jeans,she is so short its hard finding a good length.

Capris work in the summer they go to her ankles.

Owlvamp,hope something comes your way real soon,and with all the rain you've had sure doesn't help with all the aches and pains.

Jessicali,feel better soon

have a wonderful day everyone

Good Morning everyone.

Rained all night, now everything is wet and green and well somewhat cool.  Yeah!!

Jessica glad to hear you are home.  Yeah, for laughing, and coughing, put a pillow over you tummy.

Owlvamp, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Trebble I love doing wash.  I would rather do the wash then clean.

Well, off to see what the world has to offer.

Have a great day and Big :ghug for everyone.

Hi all. I answered in a post to most of you promptly lost it for a little frustrated with that and did t try again till now I guess lol

A pillow does help Jessica more so if you apply slight pressure against the incision places first.Hope you are feeling better soon and that dinner sounded great!!

OWlvamp Google up or you tube shoulder excersizes they are helping me and also icy hot works great as a topical aid for the pain. I sure hope thing turn around for you all soon it's getting critical now.

Tampa sounds like a nice day ahead for you and I do nt really mind wash o r cleaning for that matter. I like things tidy and neat and clean and orderly lol.

Mini sounds good but what is memory station??

PIneknott good luck on the shopping. It's hard to shop for other people let alone a specific need such as length or shoe size that is harder.

How is mom doing Arlene??

Trib I. Happy about that I hope lil trib will not be bored now so much.

HI ti Bgs and holly Lacey and all else out there lurking lol hope to see you all soon. How is Carol too long time no see missy!!

That completes most of my lost post or what I could remember of it. I don't get that saved content on the iPad it only on the desk top lol. Have a good one all. I changed up comforters yesterday day and slept comfy cozy last night when temps dipped again in the mid 40s. This spurt of chilly lasts much longer we will disconnect both portable inside ac units for the upcoming winter. Now I know I can fit my unit in my bedroom closet but as for the one in the living room which is bigger well handy can figure that.one out. I say bag it or tarp it and put it in the shed but he won't want to do that and will want probably to store it in my craft room closet which is already full of stuff so this should be interesting lol we really have no basement or attic so storage is somewhat limited. Might fit Lin the linen if closet if we take one shelf out yeah that's an idea lol

Well not feeling particularly creative this afternoon so I don't know what I'll do. But I'll find something soon all fo now !???? ????

Hi all. I answered in a post to most of you promptly lost it for a little frustrated with that and did t try again till now I guess lol

A pillow does help Jessica more so if you apply slight pressure against the incision places first.Hope you are feeling better soon and that dinner sounded great!!

OWlvamp Google up or you tube shoulder excersizes they are helping me and also icy hot works great as a topical aid for the pain. I sure hope thing turn around for you all soon it's getting critical now.

Tampa sounds like a nice day ahead for you and I do nt really mind wash o r cleaning for that matter. I like things tidy and neat and clean and orderly lol.

Mini sounds good but what is memory station??

PIneknott good luck on the shopping. It's hard to shop for other people let alone a specific need such as length or shoe size that is harder.

How is mom doing Arlene??

Trib I. Happy about that I hope lil trib will not be bored now so much.

HI ti Bgs and holly Lacey and all else out there lurking lol hope to see you all soon. How is Carol too long time no see missy!!

That completes most of my lost post or what I could remember of it. I don't get that saved content on the iPad dRn it only on the desk top lol. Have a good one all. I changed up comforters yesterday day and slept comfy cozy last. If hot when temps dipped again in the mid 40s. This spurt of chilly lasts much longer we will disconnect both portable inside ac units for the upcoming winter. Now I know I can fit my unit in my bedroom closet but as for the one in the living room which is bigger well handy can figure that.one out. I say bag it or tarp it and put it in the shed but he won't want to do that and will want probably to store it in my craft room closet which is already full of stuff so this should be interesting lol we really have no basement or attic so storage is somewhat limited. Might fit linen closet if we take one shelf out yeah that's an idea lol

Well not feeling particularly creative this afternoon so I don't know what I'll do. But I'll find something soon all fo now !

I think a pillow or rolled up blanket has been a permanent fixture to me belly anytime I'm sitting or laying down. I did have to sleep on the couch last night because it reclines so I could still be in a sitting position kind of. It wasn't the most comfy but it did the job.

Pine knot, I got some squares from you, I don't know what day but it was while I was in the hospital.

glad you received your squares Jessicali

boo hiss on our trip across the river,as we approached K Mart it was just an empty shell,yet the internet said it was still open

thrift store didn't have what I went in for,and my hopes to get to a Barnes and Noble were dashed when he said it was another 20 miles up the road,so I just let it go,ah well tomorrow is another day and hopefuly much better.

Hi all. I'm here. Just got home from work about an hour ago. Sleepy, but not tired, is such a pain. Kids are all doing good :) I'm sure I'll be on tomorrow sometime, as I'm supposed to be off the next 3 days.

Archived