Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bgs, I haven't found a good pattern that isn't made with thread and I can't work with thread at all. 

This is her dress. It's really pretty. 

attachicon.gif14484912_10153654777533239_6687519077656619789_n.jpg

That outfit is adorable.  She looks really cute.

Jade is just growing up so fast.

Sorry Lea, I had to laugh at the nurse and what you were thinking. :lol   Sometimes you want to knock them on the forehead and ask if anybody is home.

Oh yeah watch out for the wind.  We may have been on the other side of the state, but we got some wind.  In fact, I had a chair doing a samba on the laini and another that fell over.

Well off to make dinner.  Stuffed cabbage with mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes.  Have not had that for quite a while.

Well, they are discharging mom ( in the hurricane) and transporting her by stretcher transport.. thank you insurance, I told them we would pay for the extra day.. they need the bed...

Got one whole strip on my Lucy Ghan done, getting ready to do some work on Jeremy's graph ghan... bless their hearts... they are flooded on one road and a tree down on the other with a sick 5 month old and a bored 16 month old and they can't get up her to our place, power might be out for as much as 7 days.  Fortunately Jeremy is good about stocking up supplies.

Cabbage rolls and taters sound soooo good MJ... one of my favorite meals growing up! 

So far not to grand here.

My back yard is almost all flooded and it's still coming down. It's getting harder for fur babies to go out to potty.

Moose is doing a little better. Took him in and she game him more pills to stop throwing up and antiboctic. Before we left there he got the shots to boost him. So will see from here. Today has been a better day for him.

I have the boys and we have been doing homework for over 6 hours now.

Hubby found a job but it's 2 hours a way and it won't pay for him to go back and forth. We're looking into options.

We are safe and trying to stay dry.

Hope everyone else is safe.

the lights are flickering but haven't gone out.When we get a decent rain,we have flooding in one area of the yard,which we call lake Katie,after mil who was the gardener here until the dementia and C-diff infection,then it was hospital and then nursing home.

We really know we've gotten way more rain than usual when the back corner of our yard floods,today is one of those days.

the storm drains out front are constantly seeing overwash,glad my car is in the driveway,aa couple of yrs ago,we had a brief heavy storm and it flooded my car.

light more iffy now,,,bye

You guys are really getting pounded.  Please know we are thinking of you and be careful. 

Wow Lea, I can not believe they are discharging her now. 

Be careful and we will be watching the weather again.

Sandra and Linda be safe.... still raining hard here, crocheting and eating.... you know... that's just sort of what I do in a storm LOl

MJ, I know... at least they only have to travel about 20miles to get her back..

still raining,trees still bending,the lights have been steady,after I ran to the back and grabbed my tiny flashlight to put in my pocket.

I did want to say the same,yikes they'd release her in a nasty storm that clearly people shouldn't be out in

So far not to grand here.

My back yard is almost all flooded and it's still coming down. It's getting harder for fur babies to go out to potty.

Moose is doing a little better. Took him in and she game him more pills to stop throwing up and antiboctic. Before we left there he got the shots to boost him. So will see from here. Today has been a better day for him.

I have the boys and we have been doing homework for over 6 hours now.

Hubby found a job but it's 2 hours a way and it won't pay for him to go back and forth. We're looking into options.

We are safe and trying to stay dry.

Hope everyone else is safe.

so sorry Sandra glad moose is feeling better poor little guy. What is causing his distress?? Did the vet say?

. How are you feeling too owl vamp??

Prayers for you all through the night and that the storm doesn't come back for another hit. MJ I ,ove how you say in Florida not patio not deck not porch. But Lan eye ****. Don't know how you spelled it but that is such a more elegant word for it. I never heard that till I caught a rerun on Golden girls or something. Lol

Prayers for you all through the night and that the storm doesn't come back for another hit. MJ I ,ove how you say in Florida not patio not deck not porch. But Lan eye ****. Don't know how you spelled it but that is such a more elegant word for it. I never heard that till I caught a rerun on Golden girls or something. Lol

lanai,how you broke it down is just how its pronounced,I was familiar with that from Hawaii,that was the first time I heard that word

Hey never heard the word till I was looking for a home down here.  Wow the pictures we are seeing from NC and Georgia and SC.  You guys really got hit.  I was amazed at the pictures from the USS Yorktown that is moored up there.  Hope all are safe and the flooding where you are is not so bad.

Sun is out here and the weather is talking about a beautiful beach day.  Also telling us that the humidity is going to dissipate for a while. :clap  

Well, off to make breakfast.

Night ladies I'm headed out to shower. Mary jo we had cabbage and spare ribs I ate more than I should have it was so good lol. Lol just did it the way mom used to and it tastes as good as hers used to too!!

I think we have very little leftovers haha take. Are through the night everyone. ☔

Good morning

rain has stopped for now,still very windy

the usual Sunay things to be done,laundry,ironing,I want to make some pumpkin bread,if not today,sometime this week.Tomorrow we start taking the cars in for winerizing,then we are set for awhile.Have a safe and happy day

Morning all. A brisk bright morning here sun is out birds are picking through thief breakfast turkeys hav been here and gone.

Got my little room heater on for a while as handy is fine but I'm chilly. Lol

I'm taking it easy today and just staying around the house and that means some crochet time ha

Glad to hear you all survived the night and things are looking up for you all

Yeah PIneknott lol an old habit I resort back to called Phonix I from school I fall back to when I. Do t know how to correctly spell a word and still get the point across lol. WE had classes in elementary school for Phonix

lol I don't think they doso these days hec they don't even teach kids cursive any more that to me is ridiculous how will the sign their name as I don't think people accept printing. They are handicapping our kids!! In my opinion anyway. I am so glad my daughter got to learn cursive befor they quit teaching it !!

Any way in Phonix we learned how to sound words out if you didn't know how to spell something and get your point across regardless. Did anyone ever have Phonix out there. We also had something called SRA which was to do with reading and were to read a short phamlet In A story form then take the test for the one you read and move on to another when you passed like a comprehensive reading class and kept going up a a color as they were color. Coded till you read all of them . Throughout that school year. I loved both Phonix and SRA. There were like a million story phamplets. YOu picked you own and then would go get the test from teacher and move up. Lol loved SRA time the colors progressed with easy to more difficult and interesting so I always tried every year tried to hurry through the first colors to get to the good ones. Lol I competed all colors every year!! I thought wow this great lol

Well that post went sideways in a hurry huh lol

Off I nto the weeds so to say!!

I'm going to have a sausage biscuit soon. Handy found the kind we like yesterday at the store so he laid in a supply.

then I. Going to tinker a while and then and only then I'm going to do a few necessary chores around here and maybe. Crochet a bit. You all have a grand day today! I'll touch back here a little later with you all

Oh are they calling the storm over yet and are people allowed back home in some places?? Do you all affected or some of you have elec or are many still without. MJ did you have major rains! I looked it up and from. A couple sources understand Florida isn't very wide in most cases and I was thinking I hope MJ is far enough away!! I suppose had it come in from the other coast it would have. certainly been a hit to you huh. Close call huh!!Linda and Carol same questions and. mini too is it considered over yet??

Hi everyone.

bgs, I haven't found a good pattern that isn't made with thread and I can't work with thread at all. 

This is her dress. It's really pretty. 

attachicon.gif14484912_10153654777533239_6687519077656619789_n.jpg

She looks so pretty.

Well, they are discharging mom ( in the hurricane) and transporting her by stretcher transport.. thank you insurance, I told them we would pay for the extra day.. they need the bed...

Got one whole strip on my Lucy Ghan done, getting ready to do some work on Jeremy's graph ghan... bless their hearts... they are flooded on one road and a tree down on the other with a sick 5 month old and a bored 16 month old and they can't get up her to our place, power might be out for as much as 7 days.  Fortunately Jeremy is good about stocking up supplies.

Cabbage rolls and taters sound soooo good MJ... one of my favorite meals growing up! 

I'm sorry you are going through all the hassle with insurance.

Linda and Sandra, I hope yo uare both safe and drying out.

I went to church this morning, then a quick stop at JoAnn's for moer glow in the dark thread for my grandsons skeleton costume, and a quick run into to target for a couple of things. I staarted a load of laundry and now I'm sewing.

Have a great day everyone.

they are still saying the remmnants of Matthew,so its still with us,winds 25-35 gusts to 50,power in some areas could take a week to get back up,some roads still impassable due to river and creek flooding,the Churchland area,just up the block from us is under the flood warning and the city seat of Chesapeake over in Great Bridge is still experiencing flooding,they said this storm would be similiar to Floyd in '99,flooding inland,that was a real eye opener back then,because that was supposedly our areas escape route and it flooded long before our area did

We are okay here, lots of flooding but our roads are still passable and we have power... not sure about Sandra... they are on a river that is VERY prone to flooding  hope she checks in...

My son and his wife in Goldsboro are trapped in their apartment because the roads are all flooded in 4 directions... they don't have power...that area is pretty much closed down... even the interstate...

My son Jeremy and his family were without power and had gusts near 75 miles and hour, they live close to fayetteville, NC...Here is my son and his son ( Wyatt  doesn't care for hurricanes obviously)

As the river run off happens and the ocean backs up in the rivers the flooding will get worse in hard hit areas before it gets better...

I am also showing a picture of the road by my other son...guess they won't be going out to lunch  today!

post-497-0-83051200-1476039753_thumb.jpg

post-497-0-22672000-1476039816_thumb.jpg

Archived