Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Love the outfits Carol.  With all the different squares you are getting, I can't wait to see the finished afghan.  Loved the costumes also.  My Mom use to make all ours.

Sorry to hear about the migraine Katy.  Today the pollen must be up, especially the Rag Weed.  I walked out to get the paper and my eyes started to itch and tear and my nose started to run.  One good frost that is all I ask for.

I am spending most of the morning in my corner crocheting, because the way the house sits, North to south with sides east to west, I get the sun in my face from about 1:30 to after 4.  It is really annoying.  This happens till the sun gets to it's highest spot above the house.

I have the tote almost done.  Just have to do the pocket and then I can move on to some of my Christmas stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

where has my Fall weather gone to? we were having nice 60 degrees and now we are back in the mid 80's,ugh so the congestion is back

guess I missed the boat with pansies this year,with the hot temps then the hurricane,I only started looking for them last week,I usually get solid yellow and call it my pot of "gold",all they have is white and purple

got the thrift pick up out at the curb early,library run later on,Have a wonderful day everyone.

Doing that mad dash we all do when company is coming LOL..... Actually, the guest room is okay, final sweep of guest bath, kitchen, living room.....  We are headed out for a girls getaway in the mountains for a few days.....plenty of  crochet planned!

Doing that mad dash we all do when company is coming LOL..... Actually, the guest room is okay, final sweep of guest bath, kitchen, living room.....  We are headed out for a girls getaway in the mountains for a few days.....plenty of  crochet planned!

That sounds wonderful,enjoy your special time away

Catching up on my Days of Our Lives and crocheting. Tomorrow is a half day for the boys at school and Thursday and Friday they're off school due to Parent Teacher Conferences. I have mine tomorrow evening at 7:20 for one boy and 7:40 for the other one. I guess I should really figure out which teacher is which time.  :lol  I always do them back to back here at this school so I know Rc will be home to keep Rosalie and the boys. This year, Michael's teacher wants the 4th graders to attend so they hear how well they're doing. 

Well everyone sounds perky today. Might for me too have been the allergies or whatever but am feeling better today headache is slightly noticible but not nearly like yesterday!!

Oh time for that new tote soon to show It self yay can't wait to see it oh Tampa. As I was looking through my books and such I think I found the pattern for your tote!!! It looks like the same tote minus the crochet ville sign and I think they called it the 8 pocket tote lol. Is that a modified version or ??? Anyway if it's not the pattern you use its really close to it. I Kept that book!! Lol.

Arlene if you want I think I have four booklets (LEisure arts) of plastic canvas books. Lemme know ok and I will hold them out for you , and just pay the postage would be fine.

What else oh pine knott thanks for that message!! . I can't wait!!! I can't wait.

Bgs

MIni enjoy your get away!!!!have a good time.

I thought I read a post here from you now I've lost track of what it said so anyway hope you ate doing well to with this can't make up its mind weather!

quote name="Tampa Doll" post="2717704" timestamp="1476794406"]Love the outfits Carol.  With all the different squares you are getting, I can't wait to see the finished afghan.  Loved the costumes also.  My Mom use to make all ours.

Sorry to hear about the migraine Katy.  Today the pollen must be up, especially the Rag Weed.  I walked out to get the paper and my eyes started to itch and tear and my nose started to run.  One good frost that is all I ask for.

I am spending most of the morning in my corner crocheting, because the way the house sits, North to south with sides east to west, I get the sun in my face from about 1:30 to after 4.  It is really annoying.  This happens till the sun gets to it's highest spot above the house.

I have the tote almost done.  Just have to do the pocket and then I can move on to some of my Christmas stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well.  

Good Morning

where has my Fall weather gone to? we were having nice 60 degrees and now we are back in the mid 80's,ugh so the congestion is back

guess I missed the boat with pansies this year,with the hot temps then the hurricane,I only started looking for them last week,I usually get solid yellow and call it my pot of "gold",all they have is white and purple

got the thrift pick up out at the curb early,library run later on,Have a wonderful day everyone.

well hope all of you had a great day and i am feeling a bit better but don't wanna go bending down too much to pick something up or something, cause then i can feel it still pretty much..  other than that, not much going on here, been a  quiet day,. and handy had the needles again, don't know if i could dot that twice a week, or eve one time, lol but it is helping i guess.. 

well, im about ready for the shower and probably run to the store tomorrow for a few things, but that is about all planned. for now..
Hope you all have a good nights sleep tonight, sweat dreams... \ :ghug

Quick check in.... getting ready for bed. Hoping to get the Halloween stuff up from the basement tomorrow. We leave it up till time for Christmas decorations, so not worried about it getting put up at the last minute. So, I started on a 3rd graphghan... lol, I just can't help myself. This one's going to be easier than my other two. It's tinker bell for my mom for Christmas. I wonder if I will get all these finished in time?

Did laundry, dishes, straightened up the living room, took out the trash. Now tomorrow all I'll have to do is vacuum, aND meal dishes, hang up clothes. So just odds not ends. Planning on working on the dog pen finally, and haul Halloween stuff from basement.

Talk to everyone tomorrow.

Good Morning

Might break the record in high temps for the day,the record 86,I would really like my Fall weather back,the sneezing and congestion is getting old real quick.

making the shopping list,well got 6 reg items on there,having to think hard on what else we'd like for two dinners,oh this week its 3 meals,I only put in the effort when he is off of school that day.Have a great day everyone

Good Morning,

No Katy that is not the tote I make, but I have made that one several times for Baby Shower Gifts.  Check your e-mail.

As soon as I am done here, I will be going to my chair and finish up the tote.  It will not be posted earlier than Oct. 29th.

Just got my water delivery.  Boy is he early today.

I think we have your fall weather.  It is so nice and cool with no humidity.

Well off to check out the rest of the Ville.

Have fun today.

It's cool here today. Probably will be hot later though. Got breakfast and dishes done, now nap until time to pick little tribble up from school, then homework and project work...

Have a great day all!!

Busy people these days. I remember the mad dDh for soccer practice or band or rehearsals right after I got home from work when all I r ally want d was a Diet Coke and to rest a half hour lol seldom got it Either.

Oh Marg Jo I compared the pics and that sure comes close to being your tote lol but you know what I like your style better lol I'm more used to seeing yours tha I have filled with yarn and things lol

My seems roomier or something but quite similar I think

Handy went we to his appt and has walked around the store with me ealier and now is weedeating the yard. Yeah he's better ! He couldn't do that a week or two ag!! That acupuncture must be doing the trick!! the Therapist said it took you a year or more of suffering before you came in so its probably going to take the full 8 weeks and maybe a bit more till it's ok again.

Hey, does anyone of you all. Have a recipe for a Squash Casserole and a Broccoli Casserole. I can look on google. But this one don't  have saltine crackers in it. I am not sure if it has bread crumbs or stuffing.  Also it had some kind of soup. Not sure either. Mushroom or Cream of Celery. And the other recipe had crackers in. I think. Anyways. Does anyone know of a good recipe for these two. I would appreciate if you do. Thanks!

Good Morning.  Went out for the paper and found it quite nippy and it is suppose to get cooler by the weekend.  YEAH :clap  :cheer 

Well the tote is done now to wait and see who I will send it to.

I can now start on some Christmas stuff I have been putting off.

Not much going on today, just the usual.  My friend is coming over to work in the yard.  Boy do I miss doing that.

Snowbird hope you found your recipe.

Good Morning!

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the costumes

Brenda, I think you're right about the pictures, the picture of the squares was taken sideways and the picture posted fine.

My plans for the week went out the window on Monday afternoon when I went to the emergency room with my youngest daughter. She'd been having abodominal since the day before, they ran some test and decided it was her gall bladder which my daughter had self-diagnosed before she went in. They admitted her and removed the gall bladder on Tuesday and she came home on Wednesday. She is doing better but is still very sore and tired. So I have been on baby duty all week, I'll be staying at my daughter's until Sunday evening but I need to be at work next week. I think my oldest daughter is going to come down on Monday and Tuesday and we'll have to see what we do from there. My son-in-law was at the hospital the whole time, he went to work today but may need to take some days next week. 

So that's my update. I'll talk to you all later. Have a great day everyone.

Wow Carol so sorry to hear that hope she recovers quickly!

Still chilly here PIneknott and keeping my eyes on the mail box lol

Tampa I looked through that pattern and it looks. Little confusing so far to me but then i confuse easily lol. I might try it one day though

A.s I know how they turn out

lol. Lovely!!

Snowbird try this link I use this all the time. Allrecipies.com You'll find it and Linda that broccoli soup sounds sooo good.

Just piddling today on nothing much so will be back in later ok!! Play nice now.

Good Morning!

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the costumes

Brenda, I think you're right about the pictures, the picture of the squares was taken sideways and the picture posted fine.

My plans for the week went out the window on Monday afternoon when I went to the emergency room with my youngest daughter. She'd been having abodominal since the day before, they ran some test and decided it was her gall bladder which my daughter had self-diagnosed before she went in. They admitted her and removed the gall bladder on Tuesday and she came home on Wednesday. She is doing better but is still very sore and tired. So I have been on baby duty all week, I'll be staying at my daughter's until Sunday evening but I need to be at work next week. I think my oldest daughter is going to come down on Monday and Tuesday and we'll have to see what we do from there. My son-in-law was at the hospital the whole time, he went to work today but may need to take some days next week. 

So that's my update. I'll talk to you all later. Have a great day everyone.

Glad she is doing well after surgery.

We got a lot of our Halloween things up. Still have a few to add. It's looking good! Might have to post a couple of pictures.

Little Tribble finally decided he is going to be a creepy teddy bear wearing a vampire shirt and holding a knife. The rest of his outfit is on the way, we have his mask. If he hadn't waited till the last second to decide what he was going to do (I had thought we were doing a vampire sonic the hedgehog this whole time) I could have crocheted fuzzy leg warmers and arm warmers. So since he didn't give me time, we ordered those and I just will have to modify them a bit so it looks like stuffing leaking out when they get here. Hoping they get here fast because his Halloween party at school is next week.

We all dress up when we take Little Tribble trick or treating. I go as a witch, hubby goes as a devil/demon. I had wanted to crochet most of my outfit for this year, but once again time crept up on me and I didn't get anything crocheted for it :( bummer.

Have a good night all!

Evening. Sounds like a bang up Halloween for youand family TRibble hope you post pics!! In fact if any of you all dress up for Halloween snap a pic of you or the kids or both as I would love to see them in their cute or spooky outfits.!! That would be great as some of us don't have little ones at home anymore. WE would love some pics.

And if I get dresses up I promise to do the SAMs!!! Lol

Well I'm a bit tuckered out so headed off till morning so all have a safe and restful night and I will see you morning side top deck bright and early for breakfast!!! Lol night now!!

Good Morning.

I've been awake for over an hour hoping to go back to sleep but that didn't seem to be happening, so I'm up having coffee. Everyone else is still asleep but I'm sure my son-in-law will be up soon to get ready for work. I might need to make a trip to the grocery store today, we need some things for dinner for the next few days. My daughter has her follow up appointment on Tuesday, hopefully it will be good and she will be able to do a little more, my son-in-law seems to think she should be able to do everything she normally does now. :no  My little granddaughter was certainly happy to have her mommy home yesterday, she's really been a good baby through all the commotion this week and of course everyone at the hospital loved her and fussed over her.

Guess that's about it for now. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning

Hope she gets a good report,cshort.I have one of those here,You're feeling better ,right ?? or how much longer till things get back to normal,It must be nice when he's never experienced a headache.

not much going on,actually slept in past the alarm.Have a good day

Archived