2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hi! this week I've made three baby or toddler dress & bloomer sets, 2 sets of baby shoes, and the majority of a Doby (elf from Harry Potter) doll. I've used 6 full skeins and balled 3 more, so that puts my scores at WTD +15, YTD +23!

Next week I have a few projects I'd like to work on, but I'll be starting with catching up on my WUA squares.  I was planning on making one a day for the entire year, to be given to Mikey & Diva Dan at next year's big tent sale and I have been slacking! Haven't made any since May 18th so I really need to catch up!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still chugging away on socks, so no change this week.  I confess that I have a shipment of yarn coming in the mail for an afghan I'm going to crochet for a birthday present, but that isn't here yet! 

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -22

I'm still chugging away on socks, so no change this week.  I confess that I have a shipment of yarn coming in the mail for an afghan I'm going to crochet for a birthday present, but that isn't here yet! 

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -22

crochet or Knitted Socks?

Hi! this week I've made three baby or toddler dress & bloomer sets, 2 sets of baby shoes, and the majority of a Doby (elf from Harry Potter) doll. I've used 6 full skeins and balled 3 more, so that puts my scores at WTD +15, YTD +23!

Next week I have a few projects I'd like to work on, but I'll be starting with catching up on my WUA squares.  I was planning on making one a day for the entire year, to be given to Mikey & Diva Dan at next year's big tent sale and I have been slacking! Haven't made any since May 18th so I really need to catch up!

good going! I bet you can catch up!

Hi all! Sorry I didn't get checked in last weekend. We were way out of town in the boonies and I didn't have any data or WiFi. I only had 0 anyway.

This week I used 2 skeins on my mile a minute so... (I'll update my signature when I can get my tablet hooked up to the WiFi here)

WTD +4

WOW only ME in the negatives ???? Guess I'll be posting scores next week too!

Gold Medal: Inkked0317 +15!!!

Silver Medal: OwlVamp +6

Bronze Medal: Yarn_Monkey +4

Workin on up: ShanaEirin and Ellie 13 : +2

Holding steady: Addicted2patterns: 0
YarnScrapper: 0
GreyhoundGrandma: 0

PBLKNP: 0

Playing with new squishy beauties: none so far!!

Shoot the moon winner: MalisaMeesa -44

I finished the doll, made another dress and a hat, but I didn't change my score, so I'll add it to this week. I rolled down the last of the peach (doll color) and used a ball (+2) :cheer . I did some more gardening yesterday. I planted 4 cucumber and 2 green pepper plants, then I added dill, basil, rosemary and tarragon to the herb garden. It's been :2rain most of today, so I did some :crocheting . I didn't like the way the new hat pattern was going so I kept frogging and trying different size hooks.

WTD: + 2  YTD:+ 59

Ellie 13

I finished the doll, made another dress and a hat, but I didn't change my score, so I'll add it to this week. I rolled down the last of the peach (doll color) and used a ball (+2) :cheer . I did some more gardening yesterday. I planted 4 cucumber and 2 green pepper plants, then I added dill, basil, rosemary and tarragon to the herb garden. It's been :2rain most of today, so I did some :crocheting . I didn't like the way the new hat pattern was going so I kept frogging and trying different size hooks.

WTD: + 2  YTD:+ 59

Ellie 13

I got you fixed in there Ellie 13! good job!!!

I got you fixed in there Ellie 13! good job!!!

Thanks for adding me.

I didn't use any :yarn this week. I got 2 more cucumber plants. Of the 6 I planted, only 4 survived. The tomatoes, peppers and beans are all growing nicely (even the tomato in the "Topsy-Turvy" planter). 

WTD: 0  YTD: + 59

Ellie 13

The tomatoes, peppers and beans are all growing nicely (even the tomato in the "Topsy-Turvy" planter). 

We did one of those containers several years ago. It did pretty well, but took a LOT of water since it's so hot in the summer here.

Ohhhh Mona I have a question for you...... do we count unfinished projects that we obtain as stash? I just bought a total of 163 granny squares from a yard sale :)))

We did one of those containers several years ago. It did pretty well, but took a LOT of water since it's so hot in the summer here.

I got a request to make a couple stuffed animals for an Army friend of my husband's, so I had to go out and buy the yarn for those...3 skeins (-6) but I used one up (+2), which makes my total....

WTD : -4, YTD ; +19

I didn't do much crochet this week as my mom was visiting from out of state, and my truck completely broke down twice in the past 24 hours AND I had my first job interview in 12 years...it's been a bit of a wild week lol!  This next week is the last week I have to get through before my hubby comes home from his Annual Training with the Army, and the only thing I have on the books is the probable second interview for this job, so I'm hoping I'll have a bunch of time to hook away!

Well, it appears the yarn fairies (LoveKnitting.com) showed up when we were on vacation!  I got my shipment of Plymouth Encore in for the afghan I'm going to crochet for our grandson's birthday, so...

WTD = -32

YTD = -54

The Shame...  :devil  :devil  :devil

Ohhhh Mona I have a question for you...... do we count unfinished projects that we obtain as stash? I just bought a total of 163 granny squares from a yard sale :)))

No, it's already crocheted into something. We just count unworked yarn. Sorry I didn't see this earlier--we left yesterday afternoon and didn't get back until fairly late and I didn't get on line then.

No problem. Im also discovered that i left a bag in my cousins car. There were actually 256 squares!

My score for the week is

WTD +7 after making ten baby hats

I will post scores about 4 or 430 just in case people are late getting their week scores in

Archived