2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all!!!  This week I've had several people I know ask me to make them specific items to give as gifts, so I had to buy yarn to make those projects.  So...I bought 3 skeins...but I balled all 3 skeins, as well as 2 others..so -6, +5 lol. My final tally is WTD: -1, YTD: +8.

I did some gardening this morning. Dug out all the weeds and planted 5 bean plants. Wanted to get my tomato plants in too, but it was getting too :hot and I need more garden soil anyway. So I went to Michael's for a skein of RH SS Turqua instead :D  (- 2). I'll get started on the hat tomorrow.

WTD: + 10  YTD: + 57

Ellie 13

Scores for the week ending 5/28/16:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13  +10

Silver Medal Winner: SamT87 +8

Bronze Medal Winner: owlvamp +7

howieann +2

ShanaEirin +2

Holding steady at 0:

PBLKNP

yarnscrapper

greyhoundgrandma

Addicted2patterns

Inkked0317 -1

Shoot the Moon Winner: MalisaMeesa -20

YTD scores for the end of May:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +225

Silver Medal Winner: SamT87 +80

Bronze Medal Winner: ShanaEirin +74

Hooks flying:

yarnscrapper +69

Ellie 13 +57

Addicted2patterns +17

Inkked0317 +8

Playing with new friends:

PBLKNP -22

MalisaMeese -51

howieann -73

May's Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -97

Gahhh ladies i suck i was up until 4 am this morning going through my aunt yarn stash and she gave me 10 skiens and 4 balls buuuut i used two skiens on a baby blanket so

WTD -20 YTD -51

I got gold with + 10 :woo . Yesterday I got some more garden soil and planted my tomatoes. I also got some Boston pickling cucumbers. There were 5 small plants crowded in one pot. I separated them and kept them inside. 2 wilted so I only have 3 plants. I hope they'll be big enough to put out next weekend. I'm thinking of getting some green peppers too. So no :crocheting  yet this week.

WTD: 0  YTD: + 57

Ellie 13

I am in desperate need of some crochet time. Two weeks of none. We got home last night from a trip to Colorado to see the younger son and his family. Good trip, but got home to a water leak in the backyard, the downstairs AC not working (at least there is a separate upstairs unit) and the man who was supposed to feed the animals didn't do a very good job (two of the three feeders empty and the third one almost empty) even though he was here working. DH got home with a gout problem in one ankle and his back hurting, but has decided to wait a couple of days before going to the doctor because maybe he feels a little better today.

Ok, I'm thru venting! Sorry! Glad to be back home and ready to get that hook going.

OHH ladies! I always hear about how people find huge scores at Thrift stores and yard sales and it was finally my turn!!!!

post-51088-0-81200000-1464915498_thumb.jpg

post-51088-0-58072600-1464915511_thumb.jpg

post-51088-0-71935700-1464915525_thumb.jpg

post-51088-0-76656500-1464915533_thumb.jpg

plus four more skeins that somehow I didn't photograph! 

I paid *drum roll* $14.97 for 18 skeins of yarn! and I figured out the prices, even though some of this yarn is vintage and/discontinued.

before shipping or tax if I bought all of this retail it would have been $87.32!!!

maaaan my stash is so full from this and last weeks gifts from my Aunt! so far this week I have -36 from yarn coming in but I've already used up some yarn! so I miiiiiiiiight get some of that shaved off!

Hello all!!!  This week I've had several people I know ask me to make them specific items to give as gifts, so I had to buy yarn to make those projects.  So...I bought 3 skeins...but I balled all 3 skeins, as well as 2 others..so -6, +5 lol. My final tally is WTD: -1, YTD: +8.

I posted my scores from last week late but I had -20 so I can post the scores this coming Sunday :)

Archived