2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would have some relaxing time and crochet time this afternoon. But then the local truck farm guy called and said he had peas. He had been calling the wrong number for the last week. So I ended up with three bushels of peas to put up. At least they are shelled and have had a first washing. The second bushel is in the pot to blanch. So hopefully I'll get completely through with all of them today and can crochet all day tomorrow.

WTD -6

So this week I made the diaper covers to match the 4 dresses I made last week, I also made another dress, and another matching jacket & baby blanket set.  I'm nearly finished with the expected baby gifts for the rest of this year!! Doing all that, I used 7 balls and 1 skein, so my totals are WTD : +9, YTD : +70!

From the numbers of scores posted everyone must be having a good holiday weekend! LOL!

Scores for the week ending 7/2/16:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +9

Silver Medal Winner: PNLKNP +8

Bronze Medal Winners: ShanaEirin & MalisaMeese +4

yarnscrapper 0

howieann 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -6

I completely forgot about posting, but with being on vacation, I haven't had time to do much crocheting and certainly didn't finish anything up. I'm so close on a couple of skeins, but I also will need more of them, so it's going to probably be a wash...

Mona, Thank you for doing the scores!!! I just sat down to do them (I know I'm late) and saw they were done already.

I will do them next week for you!!!

I figured you had gotten busy with the holiday weekend and went ahead with the scores. I added you to the list.

I completely forgot about posting, but with being on vacation, I haven't had time to do much crocheting and certainly didn't finish anything up. I'm so close on a couple of skeins, but I also will need more of them, so it's going to probably be a wash...

I can understand that. I always take crochet projects on vacation and other trips, but more often than not, I don't have the time or energy to work on them. I added you to the list also.

This week I finished my last expected baby gift, made a pair of arm warmers for my eldest, and FINALLY got started on a blanket using the t shirt yarn I got at the tent sale in May!  The t shirt yarn works up really nicely and it only takes about an hour and a half to use a full skein! So I used 3 balls and 4 skeins. That puts my scores at WTD: +11, YTD: +81.

Gold Medal Winner:  Inkked +11

Silver Medal: PBLKNP​ +4 and MelisaMeesa +4

Bronze Medal: Pineknott +3

Using Up stash:  greyhoundgrandma +2

Holding steady: howieann 0

ShanaEirin 0

yarnscrapper 0

Shoot the Moon:  addicted2patterns -2

Great Job Ladies!!!!!​

Thanks for posting the scores, yarnscrapper!

Boy, Addicted2patterns, it hurts to shoot the moon with just -2!

I sort of have an upstairs project and a downstairs project. The upstairs AC is out so the baby blanket downstairs will hopefully see some progress the next couple of days.

Archived