2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing so well until I ran out of a color for my Harry Potter blanket and needed to buy more. THEN someone brought in a box of book donations to the library which also had a bag with yarn in it. We don't need it for anything at the library, so I just threw some money in the gift fund and gave it a new home. Soooo... the damage for this week is:

WTD: -27 YTD: -81

Okay I still haven't gotten out the laptop to edit my signature and I can't use fancy colors or change font size on my phone, but here's my score anyway!

WTD -248

YTD -137

After church today I decided all my new yarn needed to meet the rest of my stash and I needed to organize the whole lot of it.  In doing so, I have set aside a nice bunch of yarn to send to PA to my mom (going to the post office tomorrow!) and I also finally admitted that there is some yarn I've had for over a decade that I hated working with and will never voluntarily touch again and I got it out of my stash and put it out in the trash.  I feel bad throwing it away but it was an absolute bear to work with and it was so rough on my hands that I wouldn't feel right giving it to anyone else to use...so out it went.  Counting all the stuff going to mom (36 skeins she's going to be so happy!) and in the trash (35 skeins, 3 balls) gives me a total WTD of +145 and a YTD of -8.  Now I'm going to settle into making a baby blanket with some of my new yarn!!!

Score for the week ending 5/7/16:

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +18

Silver Medal Winner: ShanaEirin +10

Bronze Medal Winner: SamT87 +5

Ellie 13 +3

Addicted2patterns +2

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

howieann -27

MalissaMeesa -38

owlvamp -130

Inkked0307 -158

Shoot the Moon Winner: yarn_monkey -248

I just found out that my yarn order was "delivered" at the post office Saturday. Except they put the wrong package in the locker, so I didn't get it. Could have had that -16 on this week's list where it wouldn't have been noticed instead of next week's where it has a good chance of sending me to the moon. LOL! At least I have all the colors now and can start of the two temperature blankets.

I'm so proud of myself! I packed up all that yarn for my mom and instead of the box sitting for weeks/months waiting to go to the post office, I actually took it right away!! Package is off to PA to make my mom happy and now I feel totally ok with the totals I'm showing cause the yarn has actually left the house  :lol

I've been working on a baby blanket the past day and a half and I've already used up 3 skeins...so I'm adding +6 to my scores....puts me at WTD +151 and YTD -2!  I will have my YTD in the positives before the end of the week!! :yay

Between yesterday and this morning I've finished the baby blanket and made a matching pair of potholders...barely touched the last skein for the blanket so I'm not going to count that as anything, but I used up two balls of cotton yarn on the potholders, so +2 added to this week's numbers!!  Off to update my signature!!! :D

hi everyone. long time since i check in with :clap  you all, i see things are going well, some good scores out there, and then there are some shall we say,lean ones too, lol...

And how are you ms. mona, doing well, i hope. well, i just wanted to stop in and say hello, it's been a while, bout 5 months, i guess, if i remember correctly, so good to see you all doing your stash busting, and making pretties!! good luck, keep on hooking!  :yes

hi everyone. long time since i check in with :clap  you all, i see things are going well, some good scores out there, and then there are some shall we say,lean ones too, lol...

And how are you ms. mona, doing well, i hope. well, i just wanted to stop in and say hello, it's been a while, bout 5 months, i guess, if i remember correctly, so good to see you all doing your stash busting, and making pretties!! good luck, keep on hooking!  :yes

Glad you dropped by! Yes, doing well--although my scores are well into the negatives right now. LOL!

I've been working on a few projects but not finishing yarn on most of them yet...but I did finish one more skein today making squares for Warm Up America so adding 2 more brings my weekly/yearly totals to WTD : +155, YTD : +2!

Archived