2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to my parents this weekend, I'll   :crocheting on the bus/subway ride down. I started a red, white and blue hat. I used 2 small balls (+2) :cheer . But I need more white :yarn to finish it. If mom and I go to Michael's tomorrow, I'll be back at 0 (or even negative ;) ) by tomorrow night. Whatever happens, I'll try to post from dad's computer.

WED: + 2   YTD: + 63

Ellie 13

Well I'm back to 0 :sigh . I went to Michael's with my mom today. I only got the skein of white :yarn I needed (- 2). I looked for a book I wanted, but they were all out :( . My parents are napping, So I'm going to watch TV and :crocheting . Maybe I'll finish the hat and roll down the blue :yarn.

WTD: 0  YTD: + 61

Ellie 13

Ok gals, I haven't forgotten about you, but over the last few weeks I've been working on this table runner, and also figured out my own pattern for these knitted gloves, with crocheted edging and freehand needlepoint,  pictured both below  I did get back to some crocheting this week though and wound up with WTD+4

post-5880-0-99790200-1466884501_thumb.jpg

post-5880-0-01287500-1466884696_thumb.jpg

I finished the hat and rolled down the blue skein  (+ 1) :yay . Mom and I are going to play some card games so no more :crocheting tonight. Tomorrow afternoon we're going to the beach. I might not get to :crocheting again until Mon. I think I'm going to make another hat or 6" C2C squares for a baby afghan.

WTD:  + 1    YTD:  + 62

Ellie 13

Hi all!!

I've got some major work done on my baby gifts this week!  I made the following this week, start to finish: 4 dresses, 1 jacket & matching blanket set, and I got the majority of the first diaper cover done today....so I used up 3 skeins, 6 balls on all that (+12) and I also donated 17 skeins to a church group (+34).  I did have to buy a skein to work on the diaper covers though, so (-2)...totals are as follows: WTD +44, YTD +61.

I have a job interview at my local Michael's on Monday!  I'm bringing the dresses I made this week to show them, as I know they look to hire people who are good with crafts lol!

And here we go!

Gold Medal Winner!  Inkked0317  +44
Silver Medal Winner!  MalisaMeesa  +11
Bronze Medal Winner!  Tie: ShanaEirin and PBLKNP +8

Using up that stash!

lhasaapsolady  +4
howieann  +4
Addicted2patterns  +2  
greyhoundgrandma  +2
Ellie 13  +1

Holding steady!

yarnscrapper  0

No Shoot-the-Moons this week!

Thank you all!

YTD scores for the month of June, 2016:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +251

Silver Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +216

Bronze Medal Winner: ShanaEirin +80

yarnscrapper +71

Ellie 13 +62

Inkked0317 +61

Addicted2patterns +23

MalisaMeesa -58

PNLKNP -64

howieann -73

June's Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -89

I will post scores next week!

You ladies did great this week!!!  Nobody had a negative score!!!!  Woot Woo!!!

Thanks, I appreciate it! We've had several weeks with no negatives this year--a really great job by everyone!

I gave in to temptation and ordered a shawl kit yesterday. It will have three skeins. But that will probably be next week. Making some progress on the temperature blanket, but since I'm using 3 or more colors, it's not using up any skeins very quickly.

post-51088-0-62477800-1467314880_thumb.jpg

post-51088-0-15953800-1467314886_thumb.jpg

working on the charity blankets I posted about a few weeks ago, used up 36 squares in the green and white one and so far I have 34 of the multi colored squares stitched together :)

used 4 balls of white so far and still going!

Archived