crabby rat +12

Inkked0317 +5

PBLKNP -22

howieann -54

Shoot the Moon Winners -Greyhoundgrandma -91

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a warning I don't think the YTD I posted is correct but mobile doesn't show the Signatures so I can't check it yet

I put you down for -17 on the YTD. If that's not right, but let me know and I'll change it.

I forgot to post. I am in Hawaii on vacation and not used to the time change. Can you add me on the list please?

WTD: 0 YTD: +13 week of 4/30/16

Enjoy a little bit of Paradise for all of us

I forgot to post. I am in Hawaii on vacation and not used to the time change. Can you add me on the list please?

WTD: 0 YTD: +13 week of 4/30/16

That's the best excuse I've ever heard for posting late! Have fun!

aaaannnnd I think this has to be a record breaker! No sooner did I come home from work on score reveal day, and I came home with 4 skiens of cotton to make festival tops out of!

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  I see I'm tied for the weekly Shoot the Moon!  I can do the totals next week if Greyhoundgrandma doesn't want to...  :D

I'm working on making squares for the Warm Up America charity and giving them to Mikey at the tent sale in Washington, NC on Thursday.  I am going through several balls of yarn as I go (I'm on square 17 already!) but I'll be getting 3 skeins of new yarn for every 5 squares I give in so I know my total is going to be negative this week lol!  Should I be posting every day what my numbers are, or just at the end of the week?

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.  I see I'm tied for the weekly Shoot the Moon!  I can do the totals next week if Greyhoundgrandma doesn't want to...  :D

I don't mind doing it. I guess getting the low spot for the week and the year "earns" the posting duty. LOL!

I'm working on making squares for the Warm Up America charity and giving them to Mikey at the tent sale in Washington, NC on Thursday.  I am going through several balls of yarn as I go (I'm on square 17 already!) but I'll be getting 3 skeins of new yarn for every 5 squares I give in so I know my total is going to be negative this week lol!  Should I be posting every day what my numbers are, or just at the end of the week?

You post your total weekly score on Saturday, but some of us post during the week what we are using up or getting and keep a running total. Others don't. It's your personal preference. The tent sale sounds like a lot of fun!

I made a striped purse, used 2 small balls (+ 2) :cheer . I started to put borders on 4 knitted strips my mom gave me, I found out they are all 10" wide, but not all the same length. I finished the shortest one, I used a ball (+ 1) :clap . I'm going to have to frog the other strips to make the afghan. At least I'll have enough  :yarn  to border them :lol.

WTD:  + 3   YTD:  + 47

Ellie 13

Hi all! Sorry I haven't checked in the last 2 Saturdays. We've been on vacation and I totally forgot! I haven't finished anything off anyway so no changes. I'll be back this weekend though with a big fat negative from the Yarnspirations tent sale!

I'm pretty sure I'll get the Shoot the Moon award this week!  I've already been to the tent sale once (yesterday) and came home with 33 skeins total, and I'm meeting a friend there tomorrow, and then I'm taking the whole family there with me on Saturday.  I've been making the squares to give Mikey, so I am going through all my random, don't-have-enough-for-a-project yarn, and I'm doing pretty good with that this week, but they're literally giving tons of yarn away!  Yesterday I thought I was getting 3 bags of free yarn (9 skeins) for my squares, but they gave everyone an additional 4 bags (12 more skeins) just for being there!  And then everything is buy 3, get 1 so of course I had to get 4 bags of a really pretty Simply Soft that I'll be using to make a baby shower gift....I took home over $250 of yarn and I spent exactly $16.01!  My trip tomorrow I will have exactly a $40 budget (even bringing it in cash, so I can't accidentally go over lol) and I'll be turning in at least 10 squares, which means at least 2 more bags of free tshirt yarn....and I'm going to keep making the squares after that so I can drop off as many as possible on Saturday...which could mean a couple more bags of free yarn! 

So far this week, I've used 4 skeins and 8 balls so +16 but I brought home 33 new skeins so -66...current balance is -50!  I kinda feel badly about that, but then I look at the pretty new yarn waiting for me to play with it and I feel better lol!

So far this week, I've used 4 skeins and 8 balls so +16 but I brought home 33 new skeins so -66...current balance is -50!  I kinda feel badly about that, but then I look at the pretty new yarn waiting for me to play with it and I feel better lol!

I'm envious! Who can resist free yarn?!

Just got back from the tent sale!  Dropped off 15 more squares, so I was given 3 more bags of tshirt yarn and then I bough 4 more bags of Simply Soft....I have used some more yarn though, so here's my update since Tuesday!

Used 1 ball and 2 skeins, so +5, brought home 21 new skeins, so -42...adding to the previous balance gives me WTD -87, YTD -82 lol  :reyes

Inkked0317, I went to the sale on Wednesday so I'm about to give you a run for your money on shooting the moon!

I'm mobile for now so I'll update my signature hopefully tomorrow.

Okay let's see... up to today...

I used up 2 balls and 2 skeins making squares for Warm Up America and the tent sale (+6) and 3 skeins of Peaches & Creme working on a tote bag that's not quite finished (+6). Then I went to the tent sale... I pulled it all out today and took inventory and I bought 130 skeins (-260), including the free yarn for donating squares. I know I went overboard but I couldn't help it. If you include what I got for free, it all averages out to just about $2 a skein for what I paid. Considering what I got, that's pretty good!

So I'll be hooking my fingers off till Saturday but I'm pretty sure I've shot the moon for the week! Lol

Trip #3 to the tent sale today, and I bought more than either my earlier trips!  Since Thursday I've used 3 skeins and 3 balls making more squares for Warm Up America (+9) and bought 40 more skeins (-80)...so my final count for the week is WTD: -158, YTD: -153!  

Guess you got me this year Yarn Monkey!  I'm planning on setting aside a chunk of cash for next year so I'll certainly be bringing more home then lol!!

Just have to share this with people I know will appreciate it lol...my haul for this year...12 skeins Sheepish, 12 skeins DippityDots, 12 skeins Happy, 4 skeins Pipsqueaks, 12 skeins Simply Soft, 12 skeins Simply Soft Party, and 30 skeins TShirt yarn!!!  Total retail value is approx $614.56...I paid a total of $89.34 including tax!!!  Out of this list, I got the following completely free: 3 skeins Sheepish, 3 skeins DippityDots, 3 skeins Happy, 1 Pupsqueaks, 3 skeins SS, 3 skeins SS Party and all the tshirt yarn! 

post-77577-0-05654900-1462818687_thumb.jpg

Ohhh jeez I'm not nearly as negative as some others but I bought a grab bag of yarn at a close out store with 15 skiens in it, and then I bought four more skiens!

WTD -38 for this week

Well, I was strong this weekend and stayed out of the LYS, but I also am making socks, so my yarn is taking forever to use up, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -22

:bang  :bang  :bang

Archived