2016 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I finished 3 more hats. Used up the blue (about a yard left) + 1. I had 2 skeins blue, so I started a C2C. I realized the skeins were 4 oz. and I wouldn't have enough. I have a lot of red and white left so I'm adding stripes to the C2C. My white skein yarn barfed on me before I even used 1/4. It took 1/2 hr. to untangle it. I rolled the cut off part and the rest of the skein into 3 balls (I'll count it when I use 2 balls). I'm going to my parents Fri., then we're going to my sister's in N.H. Sat. I might finish the C2C this weekend. I'll post now because I might not get to until Sun. night (Mon.?).

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 63

Ellie 13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished 3 more hats. Used up the blue (about a yard left) + 1. I had 2 skeins blue, so I started a C2C. I realized the skeins were 4 oz. and I wouldn't have enough. I have a lot of red and white left so I'm adding stripes to the C2C. My white skein yarn barfed on me before I even used 1/4. It took 1/2 hr. to untangle it. I rolled the cut off part and the rest of the skein into 3 balls (I'll count it when I use 2 balls). I'm going to my parents Fri., then we're going to my sister's in N.H. Sat. I might finish the C2C this weekend. I'll post now because I might not get to until Sun. night (Mon.?).

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 63

Ellie 13

Don't you just hate those yarn barfs!!!

Well, it's the old story...I finished up my "Done by Monday" afghan for my step-daughter to use for her chemotherapy treatments (which she loved, by the way), and I've been diligently working on my crocheted afghan which is going to be a birthday present for one of our grandsons, but I didn't use up ANY SKEINS.  So...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -52

:bang   :bang   :bang

I had a VERY productive crochet week!  I made two blankets from the t shirt yarn I got at the tent sale in May and used it all up! I also got a start on what I'll be giving for any friend gift exchanges for this Christmas!  I used up a total of 13 skeins and 12 balls!  So...WTD: +38. YTD: 119!

I have absolutely no doubt that next week I'll get the shoot the moon though!  A friend at church is dealing with some progressive mobility issues in her hands and has a blanket she'd started years ago for her granddaughter and she just can't work on it. She's going to give me all the materials so I can make it for her, and then she's sending me shopping to make a second blanket for her other granddaughter and she's going to pay me for my time and work!  It's going to hurt my scores here, but we can definitely use the extra cash right now lol!

I finished a skein! (yay) not really yay, though, I am not allowed to buy more right now, and I'm out of that color and almost finished with an elf. Will finish with another color. 

WTD: +2

I am going to London in a couple weeks, and they supposedly have some AMAZING yarn stores, can't wait to check them out!

Gold winner goes to: inkked0317 +38! :cheer

Silver winner goes to: MalisaMeesa +8  :manyheart

Bronze winner goes to: greyhoundgrandma +4  :yay

Reducing that yarn:

Addicted2patterns +2

Howieann +2

ShanaErini

Ellie 13 +1

Resisting that urge:

pineknott

PBLKNP

yarnscrapper

and it seems no shoot the moon winner!

:clap

let me know if I missed anyone or have anything to add.

It's all very frustrating, but I didn't use up ANY skeins this week.  I'm currently sewing together all the squares of my afghan, but not using up anything!  Hopefully, next week when I start crocheting the border, which is going to be wide, I'll use up some more.

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -52

:irk   :bang   :shrug

I had to do some math this week  :lol ...first I made 5 more Holiday Exchange sets and used 11 balls (+11), then I was given the materials for the blanket I'm finishing...4 skeins (-8), then I completed that blanket and used all 4 skeins up (+8), then had another woman at church ask me to make a blanket for her and had to buy the yarn...10 skeins (-20), but I've used up 4 skeins of it already (+8)...all of which brings me to the following score for the week.....WTD: -1, YTD: 118!

I got a lot of Crochet in this week I was at home in the quiet for most of the week so *DRUMROLL*

WTD +15!!!!!!!!

worked on a lace weight hip wrap for the poolside and a sweater, and i worked up the scrapes from the sweater into my scrap Granny square blanket!

Scores for the week ending 7/23/16:

Gold Medal Winner: MalissaMeese +15

Silver Medal Winner: howieann +2

Holding steady at 0:

PBLKNP

greyhoundgrandma

ShanaEirin

Inkked0317 -1

Shoot the Moon Winner: yarnscrapper -4

Reminder: This week will be the last week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a good week with lots of crocheting! I'm headed to the airport this morning to fly to CO and will drive back on Monday or Tuesday with my DIL, two GDs (ages 1 and 3) and a cat. My younger son (who will be driving the uhaul and leaving a day earlier) and his family are moving back to MS. We are so looking forward to having them close by!

Archived