Bunting Dolls

Peggy85225

A few bunting dolls for Phoenix Children's Cancer Hospital I made these while I tried to tweak the pattern to be what I wanted it to be. I think I'm finally happy with it.  The dolls are approximately six inches tall and just large enough to be held while getting needle sticks or other procedures.

post-9059-0-21933100-1420045399_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking that I would need to make about 100 of them to make it worth while for the hospital.

yes___ no___  :rofl

could be a good use of my charity time and a nice quick change from shawls.

I'm thinking that I would need to make about 100 of them to make it worth while for the hospital.

yes___ no___  :rofl

could be a good use of my charity time and a nice quick change from shawls.

What is nice, is that except for the face and hands, you can use up your scraps of yarn.  I have a couple made and am still going.  They are so easy and so cute.

That's a good question, I would like to know too.

Is this the same bunting doll pattern that is on Freepatterns.com?  That one has three sizes to crochet.

Sorry it's been a hectic few days.  The bunting doll is not the same as the one on Freepatterns, although I've made that one many times, this one is only about six inches, I wrote the pattern as I wanted a small big headed amigurumi-type bunting doll.  The bottom of the doll is sewn across the last sc round with a round of dc added that is then gathered at the sc round to form a ruffle.  Hope this answers those questions.  As I said I just wanted small stuffies for the Phoenix Children's Cancer Clinic for the little ones to clutch during needle sticks and other unpleasant procedures, or which there are so many, sniff. 

Again thank you for all the nice comments/compliments I really appreciate them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some but I'm just making them up as I go along based on your pics.  I am not adding faces - I like the Amish look and (truth to tell) I am not good at faces :no

I now have 2 with arms and 2 without - I ran out of the yarn :blush

This was my first attempt:

post-4896-0-91293000-1421812610_thumb.jpg

Archived