Comfortghan for Pat54 Delivered Ville Friend

Tampa Doll

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how the finished project turned out!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I wasn't able to participate, by sending a square, but I am so excited to see who the recipient is!! I am sure they will be stunned & very happy!! You all did a fantastic job :)

The afghan arrived in state last night and this morning at 6:33 it arrived in town.  So it looks like it will be delivered today. :cheer  :yay  :clap 

As soon as I see it is out for delivery, I will let you know.

I don't even know where to begin.  I can barely see the screen with the tears running down my face. Thank you is just not enough to say.  I am in a state of shock.  I had no idea this was for me.  I just got home from therapy and I saw the box on the front porch.  Since I haven't really been on line much at all I knew I didn't order anything and suddenly I saw the smile on the box and remember MaryJo saying the "box she finally found was an Amazon box and it had a smile", but no I thought that can't be the comfortghan.  I am wrapped in the lapghan right now crying tears that you guys are the greatest people in the world.  There are no words to describe how beautiful they are, thank you, thank you all.  MaryJo for doing this and putting it together and all those who sent the squares. Please know that this is probably the most special gift I have ever received.

To update you all, I am doing pretty good they tell me.  I saw my surgeon today for the first time since the operation and he said he was extremely pleased and that I was about 3 weeks ahead of the game.  It's still painful but I can get around for the most part with the cane if I don't have to walk to far, otherwise I use the walker.  These gifts from all of you will just help me recover even faster.  Thank you, thank you all so much.  

Now I can really relax :sleep , knowing you have gotten the ghans. I almost had a heart attack when you posted to the thread, then got laughing :rofl  and was ready for when you asked who it was for. 

As I told you in the note, I asked for help and they all came running. 

Oh by the way there is a dvd on it's way with all the squares as they came in and pictures of the ghans.

It is so good to hear you are doing so well.  Now sit and relax and enjoy your hugs :ghug , you deserve them.

My livingroom looks empty now that the afghans are gone. :rofl 

Yay!!! Pat  I am so happy you like it and will hopefully find the love and hugs in each stitch to draw support and warmth from for many years!!

:ghug

Pat-

So glad to be a very small part of the "big" picture here att he ville.....you got me almost in tears too!!!

May you feel the happiness and love from all of us everytime you are bundled up in your ghan. :hug 

:yay  You got them!  The first time you posted on this thread, at first I thought you had found out.  :lol  Then I realized you were as interested as we were in the progress of the ghans.  Almost at the end, someone replied to your post, and I panicked when I thought the secret was out.   :whew That was not the case, but I bet we were all chuckling.  May your recovery go as smoothly as it's been so far.  Lots of hugs from all of us!!

Thank you again Ladies.  I had a rough morning with doctors, blood work and physical therapy and then when I got the ghans it just blew away so my husband decided I should take the big ghan and go take a nap.  I felt totally wrapped in love and just work from a lovely nap.  :c9

MaryJo I have the beautiful purple butterfly keychain and the letters.  Thank you again. :ghug :ghug :ghug :ghug :ghug

Pat, I'm so happy that you are doing well and are finding comfort and love from the afghans already.  I, too, was holding my breathe when you posted to the thread and was afraid that you had figured it out.  I was also afraid to talk to you in case I would spill the beans! :lol Rest up my friend and enjoy your ghans and the love and comfort they each contain. :ghug

Wootie Woot Wootington!!!!!

Pat, you got tears in my eyes reading your thank you! I think we all thoroughly enjoyed making and sending Mary Jo the squares and Mary Jo is a complete angel for suggesting it and doing the hard work of putting it all together!

I'm honored to have been a small part of this!

Hugs!

kuddles

Archived