Comfortghan for Pat54 Delivered Ville Friend

Tampa Doll

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a beautiful comfortghan.  I know this person is going to cherrish this forever.  Mary Jo thank you so much for doing this.  I see how beautiful it is and it brings tears to my eyes. 

Good News
25 Crochetville friends have sent 61 squares

I'm told 35 at least one from everybody will make up the large Comfortghan

and

26 will make up into a Lapghan, which may or may not fold into a pillow type form

Tampa Doll is silting at the kitchen table sewing sewing sewing,  sewing sewing sewing.

Bad News
I'm not sure I will get and breakfast , lunch, or dinner today...lol

I sure hope that you know how to make something to eat!! :lol  She is an angel for putting this all together!! :yes

Tampa Guy got raisin french toast, beacon some sausage and kelbasa. He also had a small crusiant.  Coffee and grapefruit slices.  He eats well.

The large afghan is all sewn together.  Pictures have been taken and I am now working on the small one.  When both are sewn together, I will do the edging.  I hope to get it done by Wed at the latest, then final pictures will be taken before it is shipped out.

That is one awesome breakfast!!!!!

Mary Jo you are the best. I knew you wouldn't let Tampa Guy starve. I think you should order in for dinner or have Tampa Guy make dinner.

Oh, I agree, but I see that you also made a scrumptious dinner!

Dinner tonight is baked fish maccaroni and cheese, salad and garlic bread.

Well, the long waited pictures are here.  First is the picture of the ghan on a Queen size bed.  Next two are the ghan laying on the floor.  You can see in one, the lapghan.  I still have to put the ending on, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

Now there is at least one square from everyone in this ghan.  I used all the butterflies in the corners, because the squares all reminded me of flowers and what do you have in a garden?  Butterflies.

I hope you are all happy with the layout.  I will have a surprise with the second one.

Amazingly beautiful! You did a fantastic job with the layout, but I knew you would. You have an eye for these things!!! This is just so great and I'm so grateful that I was able to be part of this!!! Hugs!!!!

61 you recived, great. I only counted from your pics 39 or something I think, but didn't count the afg or lapghan pics, just the individual  ones, so I was a bit underestimating the squares, nice job so far, we're counting the minutes till pic time again!!!!!

61 you recived, great. I only counted from your pics 39 or something I think, but didn't count the afg or lapghan pics, just the individual  ones, so I was a bit underestimating the squares, nice job so far, we're counting the minutes till pic time again!!!!!

Ok the big ghan is 7 x 5 the smaller one is 5 x 5.  pictures of all the squares, except for my 5 should be in here.

I have just finished sewing the smaller one, and my surprise did not work.  I have a pattern for an afghan, that you can fold up into a pillow.  I tried to do it with the small ghan, but it would not work.  Sorry.

Tomorrow you will get a picture of the smaller ghan and I will be doing the edging on them, then off they go.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who helped with this.  I can not wait to finish it and get it sent off.

Have a great night.

I can't wait to see them both! No worries about the idea not working out.

It feels so good to have been a part of this- and I'm so grateful to you, Mary Jo, for sewing them all together. Well done, ladies. Now to wait and see the pics......and then wait to "hear" from the recipient!

Hi all,

Just checking in for pics, and no worries about the pillow ghan at all, she will love what you were able to do, two for the price of one so to speak, lovely idea hon! Thanks for all your hard work, it's never easy to place, or size other's squares in able to put them together, it is truley a labor of love when we do it for our own selves, but to take on the task of doing it for a friend  or family member, is over and beyond that even! So thanks to all , we did good, and now, it is in Mary jo's loving and capable hands!!!!!!!!!! viva la ghana!! lol :manyheart  :ghug  'S   to all!!

Great job!  Even though I didn't catch this in time to send any squares, I wanted to let everyone know I think all the squares are stunning and Mary Jo you are an absolute angel for caring so much to spend so much time putting all these together and making a beautiful afghan and lapghan I'm sure the recipient will enjoy for many years to come.

The afghans are done.  They are laying on my floor waiting for pictures to be taken.  As soon as they are ready, I will be posting them.

Thank you all for the praise and the help all you'll did with the squares.

I have a good feeling this will go out on Wednesday, which means it will not get there till Monday.  I am in the process of finding the right box to pack it in.

Mary Jo, how did you sew these together so fast?!!? It took me about 9 or 10 hours to sew my 60" X 72" afghan together, using the invisible seam!!

Archived