I'm drowning in yarn!!!!!

bindi10108

You have to DO something with it? I like to just sit and admire mine!

Lots of charities can use crocheted items - hats, scarves, lapghans, cat and dog mats...

What a great "problem" to have. So many options. Whenever I find myself with lots of stash I like to make baby things and afghans for charities. This time of year many shelters can use hats, scarves, mittens, and blankets.

What a great "problem" to have. So many options. Whenever I find myself with lots of stash I like to make baby things and afghans for charities. This time of year many shelters can use hats, scarves, mittens, and blankets.

How might i get in touch with a charity? Where could i find one? the place i live is so busy you don't notice shelters or anything.

Just check your local phone directory for any of the following, homeless shelters,

woman's shelters,Salvation Army outreach programs, project linus, chemo centers. They will be happy to shqre aa list of items they need.

I live in a small town and there are a couple of dozen charity programs working

with people in need.

I HAVE SOOO MUCH YARN!!!!! what can i do with it all?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And that is a bad thing?!!! I have bins of yarn and yet, yes I buy more if I see something I like...my name is Alibra and I am a yarn addict....lol!! Enjoy it, make things, donate some...have fun!!

Contact your local (and surrounding area) Senior Citizen Centers. They might have a crochet/knit group that would love to have yarn donated towards their projects.

I know our Senior Center has such a group and they call themselves the "Happy Hookers". All donated yarn gets made into something and donated to the Abused Women's Shelter, Ronald McDonald House, Dialysis Center, Veterans Hospital, etc. There are many places they "work" for. They have made some georgeous things!!!

I make baby blankets for our local maternity ward for those babies whose mothers don't have anything for the babies to go home in, and military wives who give birth and are far from home and family. The nurses love the bright colors I often use.

And that is a bad thing?!!! I have bins of yarn and yet, yes I buy more if I see something I like...my name is Alibra and I am a yarn addict....lol!! Enjoy it, make things, donate some...have fun!!

Me too. My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic (and no 12 step program will help me on this addiction, LOL).

Seriously, I constantly buy yarn, especially when it is on sale or a special promotion. I think I have more than the stores do at times. But I do a lot for charity, always have projects going, either for charity or for gifts.

Senior centers may accept donations of yarn since they often do projects for charity also. Church outreaches, hospitals, animal shelters all need afghans, pet beds, hats, scarves, etc for their clientele. Just check with them for type of yarn they prefer, usually acrylic.

LI Roe

We get a little newspaper from The Commission on Aging. They have a group of ladies that knit or crochet and they are always asking for yarn donations. This group makes baby afghans, lap robes, baby hats, bags for walkers etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived