Placemat obsessed again

Afghaniac

And you probably thought you'd seen the last of these. But, at the end of a project and no new project in mind, I kept staring at a skein of Bernat Handicrafter off-white cotton sitting there in my basket (forgot what the plan for it was), and idly started doing this addictive pattern again. I like the ecru version so much, I'm keeping these for myself.

In case you like the pattern and didn't see my multiple previous posts, it's the cover pattern on an old Better Homes and Gardens book called White Crochet.

post-1473-135897780092_thumb.jpg

I like them a lot! Ecru is fantastic! I'm sure there are many homes who 'd love to host your placemats. Personally I know one :lol So just keep making them... :clap:clap:clap

I like them a lot! Ecru is fantastic! I'm sure there are many homes who 'd love to host your placemats. Personally I know one :lol So just keep making them... :clap:clap:clap

I hope you're right. I have donated a couple of sets of them to a fund raiser for Doctors without Borders. It's a blind auction, and I'm not sure what starting price to put on each set of 4.

• 2 weeks later...
They are as beautiful as the other ones. I had a difficult time finding a copy of the book but I finally got one.

They were so much fun to crochet that I had trouble transitioning to a new project! Hope you enjoy, too. Because I'd bought some bookshelves at Pier One, they were sweet enought to send me a gift coupon, which I used to help buy some ecru eyelet napkins that I've had my eye on for a long time, but felt were too pricey. They are perfect with the mats, and I'll post a picture when I set a table with them.

Archived