My first doily

Skoggy

Hello fellow C'Ville-ians!

It's been a long time since I posted anything in show and tell. Now that I've finally moved and have my own apartment, I can get back to stuff I enjoy doing. So I decided to try something new... a doily. I made this for my Step-Mum. It is a very belated birthday present. She and my Dad are coming up this weekend, haven't seen them in person for nearly 4 years (yay for Skype!).

I used this free pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-a-long-doily It's a fantastic pattern and really easy for a doily beginner and it works up so quickly!!! However, I can't tell you what thread I used because I had it on a cone and forgot to write the name of it on there. I brought it when I was in Sweden.

Without further ado, here it is:

post-54070-135897762688_thumb.jpg

post-54070-13589776269_thumb.jpg

(Picture's were taken whilst it was blocking so excuse the pins. :D)

post-54070-135897762682_thumb.jpg

Hello all!

Thank you so much for all your comments.

Yes, this was my first doily. The only other thread crochet I have done have been snowflakes. I don't know if its lucky for me, or not, but I have some kind of OCD regarding counting. I can do the same rotation of stitches many times but I will count EVERY single time, every single stitch. Even if I know it goes 3dc, skip 3dc, 1dc, ch1 etc... many times. This is how I work. But its not just in crochet. I enjoying doing work regarding things like statistics, trend analysis etc. Things that involve counting.

Believe me or not... thats me :)

Archived