Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brenda I was wondering when you were gonna make it to our new home. lol

:clap:cheer

I could not get on here for almost 10 days, I was having super withdrawal! So glad to be back.

Love how this place is coming together! Well, I have a job interview tomorrow evening. I've been a stay at home mom for about two years but before that I haven't been without a job for about 11 years. It's just to help out a little financially since hubbys disability checks cover all the bills but leaves us pretty tight. More money for postage and yarn though! :yay. The nice thing is, if I get this job, is that its close enough I can bike to work! Wish me luck!

Best of luck! :hug

Morning everyone, just checking in! Have been busy working up some squares,:crocheting and emailing unverified members (for which I have a helper, thanks Skoggy!) just to let them know, if by the end of the month they don't reply and review their wants and needs, they will be taken off the list for housekeeping reasons, but can always rejoin when their busy lives permit! It will pare the list down a bit, but looking for some more new members to join, and old alike to re-join soon too! One I came across, had not been heard of since 2011, people get busy, she can always come back to us when she comes back online.... :ccompute

Pretty happy :cheer with the members that have verified, nice turn out so far, few more to go though, so if you know anyone please pass on the word to them, thanks! :hook

I am trying to make a habit of welcoming new members a few each day, and not directly pointing them in our direction, but suggesting all the wonderful things here on the ville, INCLUDING the crochet alongs, ha ha. Might rein in a few "squares" like us! :chook

What all do you think of a member of the month, for instance, pick a name randomly off the verified list, and those that can, make her a square?? Think about that, or if you have any similar ideas, would love to hear them! We could make hers in addition to any others we might want to send out that month, but that particular member might just get enough to FINISH her ghan! yay!! Then we get to see pics!!!:manyheart

well, thats the update, and thanks to all of you for your imput, and your support, its been just amazing to have all these helpful wonderful people in our thread!! I hope all is well for all of you this am, and have a great day~~:ty

Wow you are doing a super job! :cheer Member of the month sounds like a great idea. :clapI think I got the link in my signature changed to point people in this direction. :yay I am so glad this CAL didn't fade away.

I think we'll do it then in June! Once the list gets tidied up, and I will just pick a name randomly from a hat,(don't laugh, but I do have a granny hat that will work great for that, , ha ha) and whomever wants to join in, can make a square for that particular person, sometime during that month, and shower her with a few, and maybe then that person can finish up her ghan! thanks for the show of hands! Appreciate any and all imput!:manyheart

Evening all. Just reporting in. :D

I'm going to be a bit invisable for a few days (apart from stuff I'm doing behind the scenes). We got keys to our own apartment today so we are finally moving out of my Mums house to our own place. :cheer Really looking forward to it although its going to be a bit hectic over this weekend and I have been given strict instructions by my Mum to do NO lifting at all. That'll be hard as I'm quite a hands on lass to be honest.

Anyway, speak to you next week ladies! :hug

Hi all, I havent been around much lately in the old thread. I am working a bunch of overtime since we are down to 3 FT and 1 PT nurse to cover the midnight shifts.its going to be 8-10 more weeks until the new hires are ready and out of orientation, so, needless to say I havent crocheted in about 2 weeks.

All my info is correct, but I am not sure when I will be able to send out squares :(

Hi all, I havent been around much lately in the old thread. I am working a bunch of overtime since we are down to 3 FT and 1 PT nurse to cover the midnight shifts.its going to be 8-10 more weeks until the new hires are ready and out of orientation, so, needless to say I havent crocheted in about 2 weeks.

All my info is correct, but I am not sure when I will be able to send out squares :(

oh, glad to hear you're still gonna be with us, when it gets a little more managable at work! I will put a v by your name, and thanks so much for replying!

Hi everyone. Just a quick update, all the unverified members have now been either emailed, or PM'd to verify by the end of May, or risk being taken off the list, but they can always rejoin again once they get back online, or life slows down a bit for them. Like to Thank Ms. Skoggy for help on the list, it was a bit overwhelming for just one person, looked like it had no end! It's starting to shape up though, and I am getting a better perspective of how many members we'll keep, and how many are offline or not interested anymore, and that's ok too, we will just keep growing slowly, and that is the best way!

you all have a wonderful weekend, I will be checking in a couple times a day to update the list with all of the ones that havent verified yet, lol TaKe care, see ya tomorrow!

Wow you all have been chatty! And I check on here daily! Wow!

I love the member of the month who gets a bunch of squares idea! I think it might help people complete their ghans!

We'd still send out other ones that we want to, right?

I'm still super busy at work and readying for my move the first of June! Zaps a person!

Have a great nite all!

kuddles

Wow you all have been chatty! And I check on here daily! Wow!

Ha, we have lots to say!

I love the member of the month who gets a bunch of squares idea! I think it might help people complete their ghans!

Good, I do too!

We'd still send out other ones that we want to, right?

yes, any others you want to send you may.

I'm still super busy at work and readying for my move the first of June! Zaps a person!

Have a great nite all!

kuddles

I Hate moving too, good luck with that Kuddles!

I already have all my squares, but I would still like to be in this CAL. I like the member of the month idea. I have a pattern I am testing right now, and one other thing I need to get done; but after that I hope to get back into making squares again.

Good luck with your moves Emma and kuddlekubs! I hate moving and I've done more than I'd like. Well, I got the job. Start Tuesday. I'll be working at the Starbucks in our local safeway. :yay for coffee!

Good luck with the move, Skoggy!

It looks like there's a lot of moving happening in here!! I'm helping my parents move out tomorrow and then this week sometime, my dear long-time boyfriend will be moving in. :c9 It's too bad I really hate the act of moving. It always seems like you don't have all the stuff you need once you finally get moved. It's so expensive!!!

I've been trying to knock out my Bernat CAL (clearly I am WAY behind) and then I have a friend with a baby due soon and she's requested a stuffed owl for the baby's room and I'm making an afghan (of course) and another friend is a photographer and has requested a sock monkey hat and diaper cover thingy with a tail. I'm planning on working some squares in the there in between to make a nice distraction project from all the "have-to's".

It's really too bad there's this awful thing called work that gets in the way of all my hooky time. :hook

Good luck with your moves Emma and kuddlekubs! I hate moving and I've done more than I'd like. Well, I got the job. Start Tuesday. I'll be working at the Starbucks in our local safeway. :yay for coffee!

Woo hoo Amanda!

kuddles

The info for me is still correct. And sorry I haven't been posting or been on at all lately. I've been having a bit of a rough time mentally.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I already have all my squares, but I would still like to be in this CAL. I like the member of the month idea. I have a pattern I am testing right now, and one other thing I need to get done; but after that I hope to get back into making squares again.

Great!! glad you're sticking around. My afghans are done too, two of them actually lapghans for a nursing home, but done! I love to send out sqaures too though, so will move those of us not needing any but still particpating to the top of the list probably!! Glad your staying in!!!

Skoggy :cheer good luck with the move :hug

I love the idea of a "monthly super-puffy" recipient :)

Yay, it's a great boost for those of us that may need a few more to finish, then we get to see eye candy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, how cool, are you a coffee drinker too as that would be cool to work at a starbucks if you are! My daughter was a I forget what they called her, she drew images in the foam for the customers, faces, and such, she was so good at that . She's always been an artist, and she loved that job! Hope you do too, and congratz on getting it!

Good luck with the move, Skoggy!

It looks like there's a lot of moving happening in here!! I'm helping my parents move out tomorrow and then this week sometime, my dear long-time boyfriend will be moving in. :c9 It's too bad I really hate the act of moving. It always seems like you don't have all the stuff you need once you finally get moved. It's so expensive!!!

I've been trying to knock out my Bernat CAL (clearly I am WAY behind) and then I have a friend with a baby due soon and she's requested a stuffed owl for the baby's room and I'm making an afghan (of course) and another friend is a photographer and has requested a sock monkey hat and diaper cover thingy with a tail. I'm planning on working some squares in the there in between to make a nice distraction project from all the "have-to's".

It's really too bad there's this awful thing called work that gets in the way of all my hooky time. :hook

grannys will give you a much needed break, good idea!

The info for me is still correct. And sorry I haven't been posting or been on at all lately. I've been having a bit of a rough time mentally.

so sorry, but glad you are staying in dragonracer!~ I just read in a magazine, again, as this has been factual for quite some time, that crocheting, or knitting, for even 20 minutes a day, helps chase away the hormone that causes us to feel blue sometimes, and the benefits last for hours after!! see, I knew it did good!!

Too cute, or the THreads Biggest Square! lol

Brilliant idea!!!! Biggest square....:lol:haha:laughroll

Wow...you gals are chatting up a storm! But I love seeing so many want to keep up the CAL. I've mailed off my swaps that I was in so now....Muwahahahaaa - time for mucho squaros!!!!!

Archived