Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi! It's nice out. I'm a happy camper. I left my room. My WIP's were fighting to be next to be finished. I had to escape my room. I want to make so many things and write down the pattern for the cascading fans dress/tunic, but I need clones. Anyone watching Orphan Black? I just want the clones but not all the danger. It's not too much to ask for, is it?

Good Night everyone!!

Still very busy tonight and should be the next few days as well. Will check in as much as I can.

I am cutting out flannel right now to make some pacifer holders, Mittens and wash clothes. Then will have to sew it all.

My job is cut out for me and then need to get it to my sister.

My sister is adopting a baby boy this month. So she has to start from scratch and so I need to think what Ill make her.

How exciting! What a blessing for new parents and baby. Congratulations!

Good night, ladies :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning to all, and afternoon to the rest!!

Feeling way better today, and ankle and knee are better as well, progress one step at a time, eh, lol

overcast here, maybe a shower or two, but nothing like yesterday.. So kuddles, yep, rain all day, and heavy, no doubt!!

Someone outside is trying to mow, the grass is still too wet, me thinks, as the mower is dying every other row, lol

Finished a baby blues round ripple ghan i had started months ago, out of some stray skeins and balls,  so it is ready for the donation pile soon, I will try to photo it frist though, lol.

Still waiting for fed ex, for a delivery, should be here today!!

i am getting yarn shopping withdrawl, oh, maybe Ill look online, he he he.ll

catch you all later!

Just got back from the eye dr and my eyes still aren't quite back to normal.  New glasses are on order.  At times over the past year or so I could tell I needed new ones.  Not much rain here but it is cloudy and overcast .

Hi! I'm more awake!

Glad you are better Katy!

Sorry you need new glasses Brenda!

Was a very busy day today! Tomorrow I'm stuck in an all day state meeting which is so boring, I could almost go to sleep. I don't work for the state, just with them, so nothing really applies to me but I'm required to attend!

Have a good evening all!

kuddles

Hello everyone!

Katie, glad to hear you are feeling better and getting around more.

Kuddles, just about every faculty meeting is like that for me, most of the discussions have nothing to do with the special needs preschool classes.

owlvamp, a new baby in the family is so exciting.

bgs, I hope the new glasses help. When I first needed glasses I told my eye doctor that I was ok with holding papers and books at arm length to read, but when I had to hold my crocheting that far away to see it something had to be done.

I'm hoping to do some sewing tonight and that's about it. Have a good evening.

Hello everyone!

Katie, glad to hear you are feeling better and getting around more.

Kuddles, just about every faculty meeting is like that for me, most of the discussions have nothing to do with the special needs preschool classes.

owlvamp, a new baby in the family is so exciting.

bgs, I hope the new glasses help. When I first needed glasses I told my eye doctor that I was ok with holding papers and books at arm length to read, but when I had to hold my crocheting that far away to see it something had to be done.

I'm hoping to do some sewing tonight and that's about it. Have a good evening.

I am sure they will help. I have had bifocals for many years now.  I had always been near sighted and then one day I couldn't get an allergy medicine bottle near enough to read the fine print.  When I had my eye appointment and the dr asked why I was there I told him bifocals.  He said we'll see and that I looked too young (back then people usually thought I was 10 years younger than what I was) to need them but that's what I needed.  It didn't take long to get used to bifocals.  Today I told the new dr. that I didn't like to go shopping anymore because ever since I got the bifocals it was hard to see things that are high or low so there was some discussion of trifocals.  I told him I didn't think I was quite ready for those and it was probably a good thing to not want to go shopping anyway.  The good  news was my optic nerves look healthy----my pressures have always run high so they watch me for glaucoma.  Bad news was he saw tiny atypical cataracts in both eyes.  The cloudiness isn't covering the whole lense but just a small place.  I am kind of excited to get my new sunglasses.  I basically cannot see in bright sunlight without sunglasses or I have to wear a hat with a bill or wide brim.  I had been getting tinted prescription lenses and they just weren't working out anymore so this time I ordered polaroid.  I could see so much better with the polaroid demo lense than just the tinted one.  I was also excited that I could get my regular lenses treated so that I could see better at night when driving as far as oncoming headlights.  The really good thing was that since the old dr retired and this company and dr took over we were eligible for discounts rather than paying out of pocket like we always have. 

new glasses, cool!! Long meeting, Boring, emphasis on the B!!!  

Sewing for carol, hi kim, hi kuddles, hi everone else I missed earlier too!!

was messing with computer, trying to figure out if I should ujninstall one program,, but found out , I could just default instead to another for now. It's where my pics upload to or download to, I always get that confused, lol

Anyway, then computer updated and that took a while, then checked email, and the yarn I bid on, I ws overbid on, so I bid on it again, give her a run for her money if she really wants this yarn,huh!

other than that,nothing major, never rained, but looked like it all day. Talked to sis, she rememer the john browns caves as scarey too, so it wasn't just me!!

well, nothing new,so maybe Ill see yall later, have a good evening......

morning to all, and afternoon to the rest!!

Feeling way better today, and ankle and knee are better as well, progress one step at a time, eh, lol

overcast here, maybe a shower or two, but nothing like yesterday.. So kuddles, yep, rain all day, and heavy, no doubt!!

Someone outside is trying to mow, the grass is still too wet, me thinks, as the mower is dying every other row, lol

Finished a baby blues round ripple ghan i had started months ago, out of some stray skeins and balls,  so it is ready for the donation pile soon, I will try to photo it frist though, lol.

Still waiting for fed ex, for a delivery, should be here today!!

i am getting yarn shopping withdrawl, oh, maybe Ill look online, he he he.ll

catch you all later!

Glad your leg is finally healing Katy! You need to be able to get out and actually fondle the yarn before you buy it! 

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Got the squares from sopo added to my ghan and I'm hoping to at least pick out a couple squares to make before bedtime, if not even get one started. 5:30 comes way too early! And now that school is back in, I've decided I need to leave a little bit earlier because no one is on vacation and my 20 minute drive to work has turned into 30 plus! Guess that means I need to get up earlier too because for some reason I can't just speed up the process and be ready earlier without getting up earlier!

:ghug  

Hi everyone. Long day. The pink happypotamus got a 1st place ribbon at the fair. That made me happy. I also got 1st on a tote and 2nd on the drop in the pond baby afghan. I think it was too bright for them. lol Most everything there for babies was pink or lavender. But it was fun so that's what counts. Then my phone went crazy today. It's been going downhill for a while but I hate change. So after hours and hours of research, I ordered a new one. Should be here tuesday. Tomorrow is back to the fair to bring the stuff home. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow too but that's ok, we need it. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

My MIL made a quilt for DH (and me, by the time she finished it). He made the design and chose the colors, and after it was done she entered it in a local quilt show. She said the regional trend there was for much more subdued colors and that most of the people who stopped by weren't quite sure how to respond to the colors! They aren't even that bright, just nice primary blue, yellow, red, green. But I guess by comparison to stodgy old New Englanders... :lol

aside from wanting rain so I didn't have to water the garden,this extreme humidity just drains me.

the other reason is we didn't need another fire in The Great Dismal Swamp,we had one a few years back and the smell of smoke lasted for months on end,till it was completely out

Large fires are such scary thoughts. We're not too far from Centralia, which is a whole town that's been on fire underground for years. It's officially abandoned but last I heard there were still a few people too stubborn to leave!

Hello all!

I'm sorry I haven't been around in so long and I've missed you all and the great conversations!! I can't lie, I haven't been back through the thread to see what I've missed, but I do plan on checking in more often. I promise!

I've been at my new job for 3 months now and let's just say the novelty of it being new have worn off!! And I really don't like it anymore... I hate going and I hate coming home knowing that I have to go back. It's put a damper on my crochet time and everything else because it just really bums me out! I get home and I just don't want to do anything but dinner and sit on the couch.

I know I have at least one square finished and I think another one that is only a couple rounds shy of done. Hopefully I can get it finished and out this week or weekend.

I also received 2 beautiful squares from sopo and I hope to get pictures posted of those sometime this week too.

Miss you all and I really will be back more often!!!!

I'm so sorry about the job. That's rough. :( Only three months! That's got to be a rotten place to work.... At least it took me a couple years to start hating my job....

I'm about to time out, so I've got to go. Just wanted to get a quick catch-up during the week; OH MY GOSH I FORGOT! I got a puffy from sopo this week!! I'm sorry I forgot to come on and say thank you, sopo! Thank you! They're really lovely colors together y'all, and Little Viking was excited to see the "special yarn" for me that I "can use to make somefing special!" :D Ok about to time out night all!

I strained my back today. Went to doctors and had an ex-ray done. It's swollen and Im miserable. I pulled a muscle and can't bend worth crap. Nothing broke but did put it out and he put it back in . But now just plain in pain and miserable... Got my blood results as well and Im still low on iron, B12 and Vitamin D.. My iron is really low and they want me to go for possible IV iron treatment. I seriously have no get up and go and know why now or really knew before i went. I literally push myself to get things done for no energy..

I strained my back today. Went to doctors and had an ex-ray done. It's swollen and Im miserable. I pulled a muscle and can't bend worth crap. Nothing broke but did put it out and he put it back in . But now just plain in pain and miserable... Got my blood results as well and Im still low on iron, B12 and Vitamin D.. My iron is really low and they want me to go for possible IV iron treatment. I seriously have no get up and go and know why now or really knew before i went. I literally push myself to get things done for no energy..

Oh I know how that is when your get up and go has got up and went

hope you start feeling more peppy soon,and try not to over do,yes,easier said than done

Kuddles, quick quick out the door you go,wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew made it

Hi all, hello to everyone, sandra , so sorry abut your back, sheesh!! and your energy level, wow, no wonder,huh.... Hope Kuddles made it on time, ha ha ha hope all those injured are on the mend, and all those busy, get some time to chill out,l and all those that have misplaced a hook, or a wip, find them soon! lol I can't believe my sqaures have not reached thier destination yet, it has been over a week, yesterday even... Sopo and Jeanie, let me know when they get to you, as handyman mailed them for me, and i don't know where they are, if not with you!! i know he mailed them, he gave me the receipt so I can put it in my book..... Oh, posted some pics of some things I had been working on the last week or two, scarves for the shelter, and another ghan for Proect Linus, that will make quite a few for this dontaion!! They are in show and tell, baby and todler, and show and tell, accessories, scarves....... Almost want to turn the furnace on,it's chilly here, but too soon for that , Certainly! lol walking around now for two days, without crutches, or help, so I know tomorrow will be a good day, if it doesn't rain that is, to be out and about a bit!! Ill let you know!

Good morning and happy friday cshort and to everyone!

I slept hard! Had to turn the heat on when I got home yesterday! I had left all windows open and it was 62! I tried to take it but finally had to turn on the heat! Was nice sleeping in the cool though I had to say! More cold on tap for today!

Today is half school day so I'll pick kiddles up at noon and we'll eat a cheap quick bite at Wendy's then on home. I hope to get some sewing done! I have orders for a few zippered case from a friend's mom, plus a few for her as well!

I have been crocheting.....just finished a cotton bag.....simple one using all sc and I did two rows of each color. Gotta do a lining and straps. I started another bag, one I purchased, also cotton....I'll post pics when I'm done!

Have a GREAT day all!

kuddles

Good Morning!! Didnt sleep well and the pups were stirring this morning which is unusal. So took them all out and they are happy now. Guess they needed to potty this morning really bad.

Soon little man will be here and I am hoping for a small nap if possible... I need rest .. Been in pain and sleeping has been uncomfortable.

Yarn Monkey, that little Peanut is the sweetest little Peanut! He will always be your Peanut, I agree. ;)

Here are my squares from sopo! The first three are the new ones; the second pic is combined with some others to give a hint at what the ultimate layout will be. I need to get some squares going; it's been months since I've had any time. That's the problem with procrastinating; when I don't feel like working on things that need to be done then I don't feel ok working on other things, either! But I'm taking my last (!!) quilt block for this quilt traving with me this weekend, so hopefully I will get the last embroidery done, and from there it'll all be assembly. Which will be "fun" too, but I hope not as bad as the embroidery!

post-62070-0-33365200-1410533598_thumb.jpg

post-62070-0-54967500-1410533642_thumb.jpg

katy,nice afghans and scarves, hope you finally made it out of the house

kuddles, its been rather cool here too, definately makes for better sleeping.  Hope you and kiddles  have a great day.

owlvamp, sorry about your back, hope its better today, I hope they are able to get your iron level up and maintain it so you have more energy

viking, nice squares from sopo, your ghan is going to be so cheerful, can't wait to see it finished

cshort   :waving

pineknott  :waving and  :hug for you and dd

not feeling any better huh sandra, backs are touchy things to heal, takes time!

Lovely squares viking, love the brights!! nice work sopo!

yep, friday, for those that need a weekend, lol

guess what... it's cold here too kuddles, lol

another hurdle conquered ladies, I have done steps!! just five down off the porch, and drove the car, thank goodness it's not my injured foot, it's my left, so I can drive, went to the bank, and worried all the way there and back about getting UP the stairs again, when I arrived home.....SO, i did my thing, grabbed a couple morning sandwichs, and headed home, to tackle the steps...

I was honestly afraid to try it, but made myself, with handydan right there, in case I couldn't and if  I stumbled, but all went well, and I am no longer a shut in......yay.. I didn't atempt going shopping at all today, baby steps, and only one main hurdle at a time, lol I told Handyman, might still be a while before we jog around the lake again, ha ha ha..

But, I made it, no main problems, knee is a bit sore, mostly tired, Im sure as is the ankle, but i beat it, finally!!!!!!

Don't know what to crochet next, gonna look on ravelry, find something, got a few stray skeins of a very pretty and soft Plush, (discontinued, Im assuming) and would love to make something out of that soon, and get the shelf space its in (a plastic huge zip lock bag) and reclaim one of my shelves!

Other than that, nothing new to report, chilli for supper tonight, as it's chilly out, had the furnace on a bit this am, to take the chill out, and it woulldn't come on at first,  turns out handyman, had to relight it, as it must have blown out in the winds we had earlier in the month, but now it will come on, when we need it too again! Car ran fine, she was a bit creeky this am, as she got used to just lying around the driveway,but turns out she needed a good run,  you know how these peppy youngunsm are, lol  and once she got moving, she got her old spirit back,and we purred along happily!

Half expected to wipe cob webs off the dash!! lol I had handyman start her and run her a while though, every other day.. ha ha

That's all i got, it;s getting chilly in here again, should be about time the furnace clicks on again soon,,, Much too early in the season for this!!       take care all those with injuries, and owies, and hugs to all!! :ghug

Archived