Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, glad the squares I sent arrived. Katie, good to see you making a bit of progress. Kim, pretty square.

I got my sil's comfortghan together. I need to get serious on some wip's and finish them up instead of starting more! lol My drop in the pond bedspread is begging to be finished and then I started another but smaller for the living room. Also started the patches for a Heidi Bear's owl but oh my gosh, it's almost October!!! so need to get started on Christmas gifts!!  And somewhere in there help my daughter move. 

I will get some more squares out soon as well, I've been going through the list. Rain most of this week so won't be out much maybe can get some going.  Have a great week everyone. 

Hi everyone. I don't know where the weekend went but I didn't get on the computer. I did finish a dinosaur costume for my granddaughter and started a princessy dress for a special little friend. I also spent part of Saturday at a Sewing Guild meeting making wheelchair bags for a nursing home. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Hi everybody,

Sorry I have not been here lately, but I am back now. 

I know those of you who sent squares to me are wondering where they are. Me too. For some reason, the mail has not run here since Monday.  I did get something Monday, but I was busy--have been all this week--and didn't get to the mailbox.  I will post when I get the squares. I know that they are on the way. I just have not gotten them yet.  I am also waiting on some yarn that is overdue I  think.  Will check with the person who sold it to me and see when it was mailed. Hope all of you are well.

Jeannie

I hope mine made it.  I mailed them the 8th and estimated delivery date was the 11th.  

well hello

Im sure bgs and my squares to rusty's mom, are those two puffies she said she has gotten today, soooo waiting to hear.. i don't know bout you all, but even if I get lots of mail, a puffy is the first thing I AM OPENING, lol

Yep, getting better every day with this recovery, lol    

so sorry aout your battery linda...

check the first post for what colors and sizes people need, it's on there, and pm them for their addresses,  as sometimes they don't visit often enough,(and some just disappear)  to see it posted here that its requested.

what else, you sure are an early riser kuddles, sheesh!!

well, ill check in later, till then, have a great evening!

Good morning! I officially have a bit of a cold. Oh well.....it's not super bad!

I did get some zippered bags done yesterday, well except for turning and ironing. Two more to go for my order from Turtle's mom, and a few are gifties for her...her bd was the 12th. Katy, I'll post pix, I promise!

Finished a crossbody bag for a gal at work to buy for a friend. That will give me 15 bucks to spend! Woot!

Got most errands done yesterday (were only two) so today will be walking a lot (if I don't wear out!) and hopefully more sewing!

Oh and coupon commotion starts today at Joanns and I have a bunch of coupons! Guess where I'm going today???

Hugs!

Kuddles

I hope your cold doesn't stick around too long! I hope you'll post pictures of your sewing adventures because I really love looking at them! I got my Joanns coupons too and would love to go. I can really do some damage in there! DH however wouldn't be too thrilled if I brought more home when I barely have time to do anything after dinner is over with. 

Kim, you  have been a busy bee!!! you might have to pm them (recipients) separtately though, in case they don't check in here often enough to notice, or maybe even they do, but don't read all the back posts.....

Thanks kuddles, looking forward to the pix, always can count on something darling coming from you!!

Jeanie, thanks for confirming your addy, I will check against the mail receipt, and let you know, but looks like the one i sent it too, so.....

Hi Linda, nice here today as well, can't believe it, but four weeks into this recovery, sheesh,,,,who knew, huh!!!

I have gotten out twice now!! so far, up and down the five steps off the porch, and into the car, thanki goodness it wasn;t my right foot and leg, lol, or I couldn't drive

Only thing that worried me a bit was the getting back up the steps the first time, the second time, came a bit easier, I found out that if you overthink how you are going to do something, it doesn't work out for me, confuses me, so I just didn't think and went up them by instinct and I was fine, with the two handrails that is, lol no crutch, or cane on the steps, I figured that would trip me up more than not!!Knee hurts a bit, after a stair journey, but i gotta get over  this!!!!!!

Showers are conquered, and steps, still haven't tried a real shoe yet though!! all in time, all in time!! lol

ok for now, hope all is ok in your parts!           

Katy, glad you're making it out and about! And it sounds like you're doing pretty well at it! Do you have the pattern for this square posted over in the original patterns section? I'd love to make it! 

I've got a square mostly finished, just need to measure it and make sure it's not too big or too small, and that requires a trip into my craft room which never was unpacked. I had the sweetest little sheep tape measure and then I accidentally pulled the tape too far and now it won't go back in. And I have plans for 2 more squares that hopefully I'll get done this week. It really is great stress relief when I get home from work! 

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and that this week goes well for all. Hopefully I'll get back in again during the week.  :)

Hi, ladies!  Still lurking.  I love checking in for new eye candy.  Katie, glad to hear you're much better.  Pineknott, I hope they spoke too soon and your car is okay.  What a nightmare!

Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of this heat wave in the L.A. area.  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  It will be more normal then.  If I could get up and go, I'd visit any of you ladies in the colder climes!  

Happy Monday, what's left of it!

:hug

Maria

Just wanted to let you all know that our member craziebunny (Sheila) passed away yesterday. She didn't make it through surgery after she and her family were in a car accident. I was thinking about doing a comfortghan for her family but am still working out details. I'll keep you all posted.

Good morning!!

Way to early for me to be up but My babies needed to go out. So while they did their business I cleaned up the yard. All clean now and off Im gonna go to see if I can snooze for an hour. I get Little man so would like a little bit more rest...

Kim that is a beautiful square.

Hey katy when doing a larger square I can see maybe adding another round of those puff or cluster stitches.  Glad you are out and about again.

Linda, sorry about the car situation, I wish things would settle down for you.

kuddles I have been thinking about grannyannie too so maybe she will check in soon.  dragnlady seems to have gone missing too.  I hope everyone is okay and that the site isn't blocking them.  

yarn_monkey I saw your post about craziebunny, so sad.  I thing a comfortghan is a wonderful idea and will watch for details.

Bgs...thanks... I really enjoyed making them.  And now you gave me a reason to make another one...with the puff's

yarn_monkey   So said to hear about craziebunny... I remember her from the original squares.   Please keep me posted I will be happy to contribute

Katy   So glad to see your healing.   You will be walking around yarn stores in no time

I've posted details for the squares over in the Off Topic Talk thread... 8" pink and/or/purple is the short version of the post. :) For some reason (I think it's my work computer) I can't copy and paste in here or do links, so hopefully anyone who wants to can find it. Thank you all in advance!!! :ghug

I've posted details for the squares over in the Off Topic Talk thread... 8" pink and/or/purple is the short version of the post. :) For some reason (I think it's my work computer) I can't copy and paste in here or do links, so hopefully anyone who wants to can find it. Thank you all in advance!!! :ghug

Saw the other post.  Thank you for letting us know.  Craziebunny was a part of our little group here some time ago.  I mailed her some squares in 2010.  

hi all..

So sorry to hear of a vill member passing on, though I  didn't  personallykno her from the ville,,but Ill see if I hve any pink and or purple...

Yeah, bigs, make it your own, lol, I like the puff stitch, and you could even continue the granny rounds, with puffs in the four corners too!!

psst kim, read above, lol

I just popped in to show off a baby. I am generally drawn to the runts but for some reason this little tubby boy has won my heart... he may just have to stay here. lol I have people waiting to pick 'their' babies but having the hardest time letting go for reserving.. but they are still young at just over 2 weeks, still haven't opened their peepers yet. :)

yarnmonkey, so sorry to hear the news. I've replied in other thread. :( 

post-44513-0-31121000-1410917003_thumb.jpg

Thank you i thought so ... I am going to try to crochet a few squares... Need to finish a few things so I can see a piece of my plate. I keep it to full.

Hi!  No sleep for this ole gal.  I'm too hot.  Crochet will have to wait until the daytime, when we turn on the A/C.  How is everyone?  I'm sorry to hear that a fellow 'villian is no longer with us.  May her family and friends find solace in knowing that she now watches over them and has met our maker.  May she rest in peace.

Nothing new to post here.  Thanks to everyone posting their eye candy and little baby hedgies.  They're adorable!

Happy Hump Day!

Archived