Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

HIIIII angel, good to see you, that ghan is sure a pretty one, love the border, and the flowers, and all of it, it's gorgeous, course expect nothing less than perfect from you young lady!!! thanks for sharing Maria, it's just stunning, is this for you, or someone else??? Love your design!!

Thank you so much, Katie!  I am glad that the joining went so smoothly because I didn't want to try any other method that produced more ends to weave in :lol  It actually is photographed on a queen-sized bed.  I don't think my niece will outgrow it anytime soon.  Thank you, gals!!!!  I'm returning to the fold very soon.  I'm eager to see more finished afghans, which means I'd better contribute to others' labors of love :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Everyone!

I arrived at my daughter's Friday evening and have been enjoying visiting and playing with my grandkids. I had a little time this morning to play on my laptop so I posted some pictures of the outfits I made and brought to the kids this weekend.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/152305-new-outfits-for-the-grandkids/ 

I think we are headed to one of The Disney World Resort Restaurants for dinner tonight. There are also some cute shops and street entertainers at the place we are going. We might get to see some of the fireworks too.

Well there are people starting to move around here so I better get going. Have a great day everyone!

Morning, all! Last few weeks have been hectic so I haven't had much chance to do stuff online; slowly getting caught up on my phone now (going to have to plug in to charge soon!) I still have a ways to go but I just had to respond to this one!

Little Viking is over playing Legos nearby, and I called him over to see the hedgehog pic. We read a Thomas the Tank Engine story that had one and then looked up pictures of real ones, so he's a fan now (I would love to get one but living in PA they're illegal :( ). As soon as he saw this one he said "Awwwwwwwhahaha!" (the usual response to cuteness) and *immediately* started bouncing a pretend hedgehog around. It was climbing up my arm, and he specified several times that it was the one from the picture. :D Had to share.

Ok, time for breakfast and phone chargers and finishing the catch-up!

I read through all this but am so tired, I can't even think straight. This morning was crazy, I woke up and my hedgie girl that is pregnant was not in her cage. I had taken her wheel out last night and I guess she didn't much like it, got bored and went on walk about. I freaked out, searched the room high and low (especially low) and prayed a LOT. I just happen to move the curtain and it wouldn't move so looked down behind the cedar chest and there she was, suspended... she had got stuck between the cedar chest and wall. :( ohmygosh. I've escape proofed her cage. Then had a 4 hour up and 4 hour back trip to pickup my second hedgie girl. She's apricot in color and just gorgeous. Happy to be home though. I actually partially traded the dino for her. ;)

Hi Katie,

Yes, that is Rusty in my avatar.  He is five months old in that picture.  I really enjoy having him live with me.  He is so much fun and he is so smart! He has a wonderful personality. It shows in the picture.

I am going to work more on the house today. I didn't finish going through the mail yet.  I am going to be thinking soon of what to have for lunch here. 

Rusty is curled up underneath my feet as I type this. I think that he is asleep.

Jeannie

hi ya squares!!! Well, today, the last day of the month, is it too soon to announce the new queen,and wish a fond farewell of the crown at least to Reiann!!  

IT is are you ready, it is RUSTY"S MOM :cheer  :clap  (jeanie) and her prefererences have changed just a bit so be sure to check the first post in this thred for that info!!! Congratz Jeanie, and I will pledge at least 6 , but you may have to wait till next week to post them, as my ankle, although healing and showing improvement, I am leary of walking too far, so next week will be my true test, lol or so I hope....So congratulate our new queen, and pledge how many you are sending her, how many more do you need Jeanie, Lots I think, lol      :cheer

Wrapping up the 14 day, two week mark of this uncomfortable injury!! showing improvement, walking slowly, and carefully, with no crutch, but hugging walls, and counter tops, lol    

enjoyed daugter and son in laws  visit yestereday! It was nice to have meal together, without me having to do anything, lol

did manage to strip the bed today, and  will get some help putting it toether when im ready allf or now, later gang, and don't forget we have a new queen, and hope to hear from Reiann soon on her cache for last month!!!

Hi all. Ive been MIA for a while, but not too long i hope. Im doing much better. I met with the event coordinator, have a date set, now just waiting to look over papers and sign to put down the deposit :) soooooo the wedding will be July 18, 2015

Hope everyone is doing well : hug

Hello everyone. Happy Monday. I've been randomly  picking from the list and sending squares and Rustysmom was coming up on my list. It may be end of the week or next as I have started joining a hippo and started a drop in the pong afghan to be entered in fair Thursday.  I do have one puffy finished to go out tomorrow.

I have a hedgie going crazy so I'm guessing babies soon. Just hope she calms down.

Then I had the kids and an Uncle over Saturday and cooked for them. When the kids got back home, their ac compressor had gone out and it's HOT here in OK. So they are coming over for a while today. 

Everyone have a great day!

oh wow, baby hedgies, how cute they must be, I bet they are tiny!! pics please, lol

Hello to lacey, and angelroselite, and carol and everyone else tht has posted!! Oh, note on Kuddles, she is unable to access the ville, for some reason, has contacted the admins, and we all hope they straighten it out for her soon, she is missed!! She wanted to let you all know!!

and Kay is canning away for the long cold winter, lol.

Im just laying back, and resting up a bit today, sorting a few things, and so on and so forth,n othing major, day 15 of recovery, going well, still small trips with no crutches, no stairs yet, but this too will happen in time!

Well, all for now, I thinkI will go to the first post,and change up the new queen there, so see you soon!!!

Good morning. Got a few more squares finished up... got some done for our new queen... halfway done with the hippo as life keeps interrupting. 

Congrats on a date Immafreak

That's a lot of spaghetti sauce! 

Camping sounds fun...isn't funny how we get more tired on vacation then if we had just worked through it. ;)

Katy, I only got a few pics... if the mom gets stressed, she can harm the babies but here's the one. 

post-44513-0-84565200-1409667432_thumb.jpg

Hello All

But of course I missed ya all.   Congrats to Rusty mom.   I will commit to 2 squares for you as well.   Katy get well soon sweetie, I can feel your pain.  

Congrats to immafreak.....wedding bells so special

Angel that blanket is absolutely gorgeous

hi all, first of all, whats for supper tonight, did someone mention spaghetti, lol, nice show of sauce!!

oh those babies are tiny, and baldy, how many did she end up having.. How is the mama doing??

Was it heidi, or another hedgie as the mom??

oh, Kimgoodie, good to see you posting again, by the way, her preferences have changed (first post) they are now shades of purple, 12 in in size!!

and welcome back to the kingdom Kim!!

Day 15, sigh, recovery seems so slow, but soon I will be all better im hoping, lol getting around quite well, without a crutch, but have not ventured down any stairs yet, nor in the shower, figured it can't hurt to be more confident that ankle and knee can hold out in a shower or down steps yet..

Once a month grocery trips, wow, I envy those that can do that, lol I wouldn't have enough money for a once a month trip all at one time, lol

no word from kuddles, boy I miss her sunny little morning hellos, hope she gets back soon, out there in cyber ville, floating around, looking for a door or a window that will lead her back to the ville!!

Thanks, Kimgoodie! I finally laundered it yesterday and presented it to my niece. She is so happy! She promptly told my sister-in-law that she needs a new bed. Um... yeah! She has a toddler bed. The afghan is queen sized :lol

Those hedgies are adorable! I hope it all goes well with babies and mama.

Ladies, I think I'm the newest bag lady! I mean today's clue SEEMS to spell my username here. I'm stalking that mailman as long as it takes :lol

This Saturday I'm taking a test to be a hearing reporter for the California Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. Please wish me luck. It's at 200 wpm, which is nice, but there's test anxiety to deal with; so you never know. I need a stable 40-hour-a-week job and benefits. I'm tired of the uncertainty of being freelance.

I will post later. By then I should know if I was right or if it was wishful thinking about being the newest bag lady :)

Hello everyone.

Those babies are too cute.

It was back to work today which is difficult after a 3 day weekend. I didn't sleep well last night I've been dragging all day. I did muster up enough energy to serge the cut edges of the fabric I bought over the weekend so I can wash it. I think my final count was 15 pieces, I won't need to buy fabric for 3 or 4 months which is a good thing because I spent at least 3 months fabric budget in 2 days. My grandson was too funny when were shopping. He would pick up a bolt of fabric (that was almost as tall as him), declare "I want this",  tuck it under his arm and refuse to let anyone else carry it. 

Katie, glad you are healing.

AngelRoseLIte, did the mailman come yet?

Have a great night everyone.

Hello everyone.

It was back to work today which is difficult after a 3 day weekend. I didn't sleep well last night I've been dragging all day. I did muster up enough energy to serge the cut edges of the fabric I bought over the weekend so I can wash it. I think my final count was 15 pieces, I won't need to buy fabric for 3 or 4 months which is a good thing because I spent at least 3 months fabric budget in 2 days. My grandson was too funny when were shopping. He would pick up a bolt of fabric (that was almost as tall as him), declare "I want this", tuck it under his arm and refuse to let anyone else carry it.

How adorable! Did you buy all the fabric that he wanted?

The mailman came and made it as far as next door before quitting for the day. I had been outside for a very long time too :lol I wrote about my little stalker exploits in the tote thread. I plan to go early and pick it up before it goes out again.

OH MY GOSH. I have never seen baby hegies before LOL. So adorable.

I started putting together the squares I have and will see where it goes lol. 

Congrats Rustys mom on your queendom.

oooh can't wait to see your layout dragnlady!!!!!!!

Thanks, Kimgoodie! I finally laundered it yesterday and presented it to my niece. She is so happy! She promptly told my sister-in-law that she needs a new bed. Um... yeah! She has a toddler bed. The afghan is queen sized :lol

Those hedgies are adorable! I hope it all goes well with babies and mama.

Ladies, I think I'm the newest bag lady! I mean today's clue SEEMS to spell my username here. I'm stalking that mailman as long as it takes :lol

This Saturday I'm taking a test to be a hearing reporter for the California Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. Please wish me luck. It's at 200 wpm, which is nice, but there's test anxiety to deal with; so you never know. I need a stable 40-hour-a-week job and benefits. I'm tired of the uncertainty of being freelance.

I will post later. By then I should know if I was right or if it was wishful thinking about being the newest bag lady :)

I didn't follow the clues this time, but fingers crossed for you angel!!

Hello everyone.

It was back to work today which is difficult after a 3 day weekend. I didn't sleep well last night I've been dragging all day. I did muster up enough energy to serge the cut edges of the fabric I bought over the weekend so I can wash it. I think my final count was 15 pieces, I won't need to buy fabric for 3 or 4 months which is a good thing because I spent at least 3 months fabric budget in 2 days. My grandson was too funny when were shopping. He would pick up a bolt of fabric (that was almost as tall as him), declare "I want this",  tuck it under his arm and refuse to let anyone else carry it. 

thanks Carol, slowly but surely, today, on the 16th day of recovery, i forced myself to try to step over that soaker tub, and into the shower!  I was very careful, remembering the pain, not wanting to slip or have my knee or ankle go out, and do another 3 weeks of this, and I made it in!!!!!!!       i hung on to the walls, sort of, and washed hair and me pretty much with one hand, rinsed and very tentatively stepped out, again, gripping the edge of the tub, a wall, whatever, and I made it withou incident! 

Im thrilled, back to a daily shower at least at this point, lol, just to have that hot water running over all of me, instead of a sink bath, was the best feeling ever!!

Handyman is putting up a bar in the shower tomorrow, a sturdy one, so I haven't told him yet, Ill let him think it's cause of the bar he thought to get for me, that enabled me to take a shower, tomorrow! lol Im awful, I know, but it will make him happy thinking he made it easier for me, you know.......

Ive had been walking with out the crutch around the craft room, and the bedroom today, but the trek through the rest of the house, i use a crutch, just for assurance for now, soon to be done with those too!! I will have handyman return those to our neighbor, with something good, like cupcakes, lol when I know I am totally finished with them!!

another neighbor is suffering from a sore foot, don't know what it is, but he is limping, and handyman's knee is acting up too, so I told them, thanks for the sympathy pain, but really  guys, I wish you wouldn't have!! lol

Archived