Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!

cshort - you made me tired too reading all you did! Wow!

katy - hope you keep getting better! One of my coworkers sprained her foot and was hobbling for 6 weeks!

Kiddles survived her first day and likes her new teacher! Whew!

I'm just......tired! As always lol!

Have a great day!

kuddles

katy i sure hope you feel better soon and running marathons..LOL

It will get better each day that goes by.

Still very busy at the moment. Waiting on daughter so we can go to the store to get a few things for school and some grocery's..

Also need to pick up stuffing for pillows that this lady wants. Shes paying for it. Thats he best thing.. Im making her a a T-shirt quilt for her sisters birthday. Its really turning out cute.

After i finish that will finish crocheting another bear to get to this other lady and then getting both daughters ready for college. Then one ready for high school. Shes a senior this year... I just keep hopping hopping and hopping some more. So will try to stop in here and there.

cshort glad to hear things are getting better and that you had enough energy to catch up on a few chores.

kuddles that's great that kiddlies likes her teacher.  Hope she still feels that way by the end of the year.

katy, sounds like you may have purple toes before its all over.  Mine turned purple days (maybe a week) after the injury.  It's hard but the best thing you can do is keep it elevated and get some good restful sleep as that's when your body works on healing itself.  

Hello there dear friends!  Yes, I have been among the missing again.  I am so sorry.  I was hoping that August would be a better month for me healthwise, but it is not proving to be.  I am still trying to keep busy with my knitting and crocheting projects.  I did manage to mail out some squares to our queen.  I hope she received them.  Some were sent to Sopo too for her comfortghan.

I saw a pic of an adorable penguin!  Great job Kuddles!!!  And what's this, Ms Katie has injured herself again?!  Now please stop doing that, lol.  I hope you are feeling better.   I didn't go too far back in the post, so please forgive me everyone.  I hope you are all well.  I miss you all greatly and hope to be able to get on here more frequently very soon.  Take care and keep on hookin!  :hook

hi ann, hi all else too.. Glad the teach and kiddles are on good terms to start the year, lol

Yes, toes are a pretty very light blue i noticed today. but still hobbling around, just not able to carry anything, so having handyman put piles of this, or those towels, and take that to the kitchen, and this to the bedroom, lol, when I can. I thought about putting a larger purse around my neck when I use the crutches, to carry a few things in, but then I am afraid it will throw me off my balance, and Ill tip forward, so for now, he is doing those things for me,..

Pretty bad, when the highlight of my day, is a sink bath, and hair washing, and a fresh nightgown to put on, eh!! It's probably better than it was, for which I am grateful, but anxious as well, to get things back to normal, and get around and get out too.. I won't venture out till I am pretty sure, that knee and ankle are healed, as a fear of falling and reinjuring them again, makes me cringe!

I too have been crocheting a bit from my arm chair in the craft room, lol, where there is a will, there is a way, right!!

I have to look at my list for those still to become queen, Im pretty sure there are not many left, so next month will probably be the last. as we have lost several due to not being able to reach them at all, for a month, or more. Hope all is well, and they return when they can....

Haven't heard from Rusty's mom in a while either, hope all is well there too.all for now, gonna cruise ravelry a bit, then ????? tthanks all, for the well wishes, and 6 weeks, no thank you, I wanna heal way faster than that!! LOL I know with a rib, twice, and an elbow once, of course it took 6 - 8 weeks, but those were cracks, or breaks, so hopefully this won't take that long!!!!! Fingers crossed!!

Hello!

a.creative.mrs, those are very pretty socks.

kuddles, glad kiddles made it through the first day and likes her teacher.

katie, glad to hear you are starting to hobble around but don't over do it.

Today went pretty smoothly but I'm still a little tired, I think the bending and stooping this week has made me a little stiff and sore, its rough getting back into the swing of things. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Those socks are lovely. They remind me of watermellons :)

Hope everyone is doing well or getting better :hug Take care of yourselves.

I go see the dr tomorrow to get this stint out. I will be so happy, and hopefully this weird aggrivating pain will go away when they do, and hopefully its not another kidney stone trying to mess up my weekend. We just finished dinner. BBQ chicken Quesadillas and french fries.  Yesterday I read a whole chapter of my Management book for my Bachelor of Business Admin course that I am taking. I dislike taking notes but it must be done. On the up-side, I went to Target and got 16 notebooks for $3.50. Yaaayyyy ! And 50 mechanical pencils for $4.00   Im still working on blankets to sell, but cant seem to work on just one at a time. I have 4 that Im working on and 1 is almost finished. Darn crochet ADD :D

Kinda skimmed thru a little. not heard anything from ravelry yet other then it my be a few days... (ummm try a week). 

I am tired and going to bed bt wanted to stop in and say hey.

Worked 11 hours yesterday

came home and got my kid all packed up

Took him to college 1st yr at IU Southeast this morning and spen the day getting him settled. just checked on him and he is already talking with a frat.

Work 11 hours tomorrow 5 am to 4 pm.  (she says she is getting me used to manager hours lol)

sometime this weekend i will be taking my other child (3rd yr college student) of to IU in Bloomington.

So I am off to bed. Have a great day guys

Good morning all! Wow, lots of chatting yesterday!

Great socks!

Feel better Katy!

Ann.....so nice to hear from you and hope you get to feeling better soon!

Thanks for the comments about kiddles and school.......day two went well too and she is still happy!

Storms and hot predicted pretty much for the next 7 days! Flooding already in the area so.....more of that I guess! Luckily we are on the upper floor. Yesterday morning the electricity went off 20 minutes before we were to leave and I couldn't get my car out of the garage! Came on again right before time to leave...whew! Parking outside for the next week!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Hi everybody,

I am finally here again.  I discovered yesterday that the isp is having trouble with their server when the e mail refused to download and the computer said "can't find the site" when I was looking for Google.  The lady at the isp said that they have been working on the server for 4 days.  I tried to get on again today, but no luck until I looked for webmail and the isp's name and I was able to get online this way and I went through the mail and deleted most of it.  After that, I was able to download the e mail that was left and also I can go to the Crochetville site, so maybe the server is fixed. 

This week, my microwave quit working. I believe that it was on Tuesday. I put in some chili and the microwave roared and then I saw a white flash and after that, micro does not heat any more. When I came back in to get the chili, it was room temperature (not what I expected--I had heated it for three minutes). The next day, there was no heat again. I am currently using my toaster oven to heat things up until I get a new microwave and this is working nicely. I still need to learn that the toaster oven needs to run longer than the microwave.  Last night I fixed some mashed potatoes for supper. I let them cook 20 minutes and then went into the kitchen to get them out. Ice cold.  I will have to let them cook longer next time. 

I am trying to get rid of my housekeeper.  I don't need her for the housework any more.  I do need her (or somebody) to take my checks to the bank and cash them for me and also to take the money to the Georgia Power Company (electricity) because until I can get a new mobility scooter, I can't walk far.  I do fine inside, but I can't walk any distance outside.  Except for this, we are both fine here. 

Katie, I hear that you have fallen and hurt yourself.  I am sorry. I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Hang in there, you will get better and one day you will be all well. 

To all our others who are hurt or hurting, take care of yourselves. 

I'll go now and see what I can get into.

:hot It's a hot one out today.  Ran my errands this morning.  Before I put the car away I took a few minutes to look for some yarn in my storage bins in the garage and I was soaked from sweating by the time I was through.  

Katy, hope you are getting better.  I think I counted 4 people on the list on the first page that have not been queen yet, a.creative.mrs, pennyi, Rusty's Mom, and sopo.  I haven't seen any posts from pennyi for a long time so she may have dropped but the other three have recently posted.  

Hi all.

Well, another day, another color added to my ankle!! Oh yeah, purple and green in places now, ha ha....Someone told me, it's healing when its changing colors, I never heard of that, but am hoping so!

Hi Brenda, well you beat me to it, lol,  thing is, the cut off date for joining for biggest square queen was may 24th, as we had just enough to last to the end of the year, till we have our secret santa thing in Dec, and start birthday queens, in the new year. But, we have lost a couple members which the first post does reflect,( a couple have been removed recently from the list, in lieu of unanswered emails, and pms.and therefor, can't confirm addys or prefs.) )  and so then, was wondering myself .  if we should extend the queens to include at least those on the list that we have heard from (newer members ). and that might indeed give us a couple more to work with through to Nov maybe, and if not, we will have a favorite charity drive, and everyone will make something or things, to donate to their favorite chairtiy, either local or here on the ville.

Lemme know what you think, either way, is ok with me... I am leaning towards bending the deadline, to include our most recent members, what do you all think??

In other news.....Is anyone out there being affected by this unusual heat and humidity, cept me and Bgs, lol, it's is so humid out there, it's not even pleasant to breath in!!! Thank goodness for ac, huh.....

I am hoping by next week at least, I will be able to free stand, and walk without help, it's annoying, can't carry much on crutches, yet, don't feel secure enough, nor healed enough to attempt going it alone for a while, yet. 

We will definitely have a Biggest Square queen in Sept, and so keep those hooks at the ready.. I haven't heard how our Aug queen is doing with squares, I hope she is getting a good amount, at least enough to finish that ghan!!! .

Anything i have to go out, will have to be waiting a week or two, I don't want to ask Handyman to do that for me, lol, he does a lot already to keep me comfortable, so when I can do it on my own, is when those puffys will be sent, they are just enjoying their final days at home here, with their friends, and kicking back for now!!

Guess that is it, thanks Bgs, for the reminder, i have been thinking about it for a while, lol, glad you reminded me to address it!! :ty

there are currently 4 names on the list, 2 of which are fairly new members, one member still pending preferences, and one other past member that rejoined us,

(one was recently removed for lack of retuning several communication attempts, but she can come back when she can.)

We have three months of biggest queen left, as it stands today, (new dead line?)  so if decided to include all four, which is up to you guys, but sounds fair to me, we would have to double up on the last month, (Nov.) and do two queens, in order to do our secret santa, which I don't have a problem with, if that is the way you all chose to go.... The other option, would be to keep the cut off date what it was stated as  may 24th, and then fill in with charity drives, and or free for alls, or something to the end of Nov. and start the secret santa in Dec,including our newer members,  and the bday bash, in the new year open to all...

either way you all chose to go, lemme know, it's up to you, i will go by how many respond and state their preference, so if you want it one way over the other, please state your preference. thanks all, have a great day!

there are currently 4 names on the list, 2 of which are fairly new members, one member still pending preferences, and one other past member that rejoined us,

(one was recently removed for lack of retuning several communication attempts, but she can come back when she can.)

We have three months of biggest queen left, as it stands today, (new dead line?)  so if decided to include all four, which is up to you guys, but sounds fair to me, we would have to double up on the last month, (Nov.) and do two queens, in order to do our secret santa, which I don't have a problem with, if that is the way you all chose to go.... The other option, would be to keep the cut off date what it was stated as  may 24th, and then fill in with charity drives, and or free for alls, or something to the end of Nov. and start the secret santa in Dec,including our newer members,  and the bday bash, in the new year open to all...

either way you all chose to go, lemme know, it's up to you, i will go by how many respond and state their preference, so if you want it one way over the other, please state your preference. thanks all, have a great day!

Like you I am leaning towards bending the deadline to include our newest members to finish out the year.  

I was checking out the birthdays just to get an idea for the number of people per month and guess what, on our current list you were the only one that did not list your birthday in your profile.   

Your poor ankle.  Yep I remember the purples and green.  The green seemed to appear as the purple faded.  

Hello everyone.

I'm ok with bending the deadline for biggest squares.

I went to Joanns today and didn't buy any yarn but I did buy a bunch of fabric, the grandkids' requests are keeping me busy. Then when I got home I had a thank you card with a Joanns gift card waiting in the mailbox, it was from a friend who I helped pack when they moved a couple months ago. So it's been a pretty good day. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

I fiigured that out too bgs, months ago, and now it will have changed, lol mine came out with 3 being the most b days in one month, and mine is in March, just for the record...... most months back when i did the survey, were two, some one, and one month none, soooo figured the time we have three, we will pick and chose, or do them all if we like, it will be our choice I think. I myself, will try to get them all, but everyone might not want to do three in a month...

who;'d a thunk, green and purple would look so horrible on skin, huh, lol there is yellow in there too though.....

Sounds  like a good day for Ms. Carol, lol..

Kuddles and kiddles getting into the whol school thing again, hope all is going well with that.

so, that's it for now, see ya later!

Hi everybody,

I am okay with bending the deadline for the biggest square too. 

Katy, you are getting to be a technicolor girl! Hope you continue to get along a little better each day.

The latest with my toaster oven is yesterday I found the temperature control and set it and a potholder to get hot food out, so that at least I will not burn myself and I can have hot food now.  I am going to have to use the toaster oven until I get a new microwave oven. I have a conventional oven, but you'll never guess what happened to it.  The lady who is helping me with my housework (I am trying to get rid of her) pulled out the front two burners and you can see the bare wires on them. I am afraid to use these as I think that they might spark and start a fire so I am not using the conventional oven now (Hotpoint). My toaster oven and I are getting along fine so far. I was wondering what I should tell my brother that I want for Christmas. I was going to hint that I'd love cash, but then the microwave quit and I thought that a new microwave would be a great Christmas present. I haven't decided whether or not to tell my brother about the microwave or  not. What do all of you think? 

The weather has been so hot here. The tv said yesterday that it was 98 here in Georgia. That is the hottest of any day we've had so far.  I'm glad that I'm staying inside with Rusty in the air conditioning. 

I will go now and see what I can get into today.  Everybody, I hope that you have a nice day. 

Archived