Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Wow even more squares!! Thank u to all who have sent them I am super excited to see it begin to grow! My appt went well, I'm very roughly due on March 30th. Here's a pic of all my g. Squares so far. Thanks again!!! Ill be sending out more of my own very soon :)post-71930-0-98136400-1408121097_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, been crazy busy, yes Katy you sent me some squares right after I joined :))

Tooting my own horn because I have been a rock start wife lately. Sadly that means zero personal time for any knitting or crocheting or anything really.Thankfully tonight is knitting club and so I will have three blessed glorious and uninterrupted hours with ladies and lattes.

Howieann I have one square made for you but I only have red and keep forgetti to ask if you need a bunch of red lol.

HUGs!!!! To everyone.

I'll take more red! :)

hi stephanie, and rachel, good to see you are getting lots of squares for your biggest square reign!! So sorry Jess about your head boo boo, gosh, what a deal! Owl hope you figure out the wreath, it is darling. and bgs, Am so glad you posted some scarves, I love how they work up fast too!!!!!! Hi kuddles, cshort, no viking yet, hi ann, and Holly and Kay, and anyone else I maybe forgot to mention. Im passing time, I need to put in a call at exactly 236 this afternoon, 29 years ago today at that precise time, my daughter ws born!! I always call her if not see her, on that exact time on her b day, lol. We are lunching tomorrow, but today is the phone call day!!

Looks like rain here, sprinkled a bit, nothing heavy, picked a couple big green peppers, and will chop and store those for later casseroles and such, what else, oh handyman is building me two shelves, and have been poking around trying to figure out what to put on them, course there are always clocks, lol I have a good collection of all sorts of clocks, from  my grandfather clock, to a tiny little one that is a tiny submarine,and almost everything in between, and usually running out of room to put them in the hutch, sooo that might work....

I have a couple days to figure it out, lol

nothing much else, so will head off till 236, and make that call, all be well, so sorry some of us aren't doing too well, but better days ahead!

sopo,  :hug and your wreath is very cute.

jessicali, I hope you're feeling better and heal quickly.

a.creative.mrs, I'm glad the squares arrived safely.

Hello to everyone else. I am exhausted! I was doing fine until I was about half way home from work and suddenly every bit of energy seemed to drain out of me. So I didn't stop at the craft store or pay bills like I had planned to when I got home, it will all keep till tomorrow. I did start a load of laundry. My daughter and her hubby will be coming for dinner, she requested hot dogs, baked beans and tater tots so it will be very easy to prepare. I'm hoping to start a new outfit for my granddaughter tomorrow. Guess thats about it for now. Have a good evening.

Repeating the affirmation that sopo is not a horrible person for eliminating contact with an abuser! He may be in a bad situation but you need to take care of yourself too. Nobody should have to put up with that for any reason, and frankly it sounds like it was becoming a dangerous situation for you. You're safer out of it.

I'm also trying to picture walking 49 blocks in NYC, succeeding, and having my head spin. My feet hurt just thinking about it! Definitely would need to wear sneakers for that.

Jessica, I just got my  TDAP booster recently too; I think the spot hurt for three full days and it hurt soooo baaaaad... I hate those things. At least they're only every ten years!!

I've been trying to move house hunting into a higher gear... We found a possibility recently, but we're not totally sure. I also asked our realtor for some information on new construction today; gave them an idea of what we'd be looking to build and where so they can hook us up with some builders to discuss things, I guess? I don't totally know how it works and neither did the woman I was talking to, but she knew what information they needed at least, just going to find someone else to figure out exactly what to DO with the information. :D

The biggest problem we're facing (besides having difficultly agreeing on lot size) is financing... I don't know if I've mentioned here or not but I really would like to stay home and just be Mom for a while, especially if we have the other kid we've been considering. Which, of course, makes our mortgage paying ability shrink drastically. So we're being really careful with what we look at and unfortunately most of the stuff we like is only comfortably affordable if we're both working. It's been hard.

I'm about to head out to pick up the little guy soon; we'll probably come back home and play Legos for a while. This morning he wanted to start taking apart one of the sets so we can start over and build it again. I'll have to get on from my phone and share a picture of one of the things he built all by himself! He's doing very well with following the instructions and finishing the models lately, it's a lot of fun to watch. We've been playing mostly castle Legos but this morning's project was one of the Lego Movie sets. Maybe we'll combine them.

Wellllll I didn't clean in the office again today like I planned.... maybe I can do that some once Daddy's home too! Oh - and totally unrelated, Daddy took him on his run this morning, in the jogging stroller, on a gravel path through the woods toward downtown, and when we were all back from our runs he was telling me all about it and he was absolutely enchanted with a "bunny wabbit" they saw on the way. He is the best when watching wild animals. Or birds. Sometimes he perches on my dresser pretending to be a kitty, looking out the window "at the birds" (there aren't actually birds outside our bedroom window, usually, as it looks onto the driveway...) just like our cat does in the kitchen window. You see why I want to stay home??? The driving us crazy parts are totally made up for by the adorable pretending to be different animals parts, among other things.

Ok, I should head out now. See you next Friday at the latest! :waving  (I did at least get to lurk this week so it didn't take me too long to catch up!)

I got a puffy today! Thank you Katy, they are beautiful! Love them all. 

Also got puffies for my sil's comfortghan from cshort and kittyloverdeb so thank you guys again, 

post-44513-0-25274600-1408158029_thumb.jpg

Good morning chatty squares!

Jessica - ouch! Feel better!

The countdown begins for kiddles to start school next Wed. I took Mon and Tues off so she could enjoy her last two days before the work begins! We have a family party tonite and tomorrow she will spend some time with her godmother.

Lots of errands today so I better get moving!

Have a good one!

kuddles

Hey guys here I am . not been around for a while Been busy busy busy. Kids went back to school, 2 more getting ready for college. church is planning a yard sale and a cook out. work work work.  Medical runs.... This mama is wiped out. lol

Good news... the Assistant manager at Hucks (where I work) put in his two week notice. And I have been asked to fill his shoes.  :yay

i havent been on raverly for a few days I checked in today and seen this in my messages.

slip stitch crochet
Sent at 2:37 AM August 10, 2014

Hi dragnlady5

I am a volunteer editor, and am working together with other volunteers in the Slip Stitch Crochet Group to improve accuracy and searchability in the pattern database.

‘Slip stitch crochet’ is a technique that uses all slip stitches to create a stretchy fabric, as shown in 

. In the Ravelry pattern database, the category ‘Crochet Techniques/Slip Stitch Crochet’ (tag, slip-stitch) is for patterns that are made using this technique. For some time the ‘slip-stitch’ tag did not have a tooltip, the one added in January of this year reads: A technique using only slip stitches to create fabric. Usually thinner and stretchier than other crochet fabric, sometimes has the appearance of knitted fabric. Also referred to as pjoning, Bosnian crochet and shepherd’s knitting.

The technique is a very old one but has only recently become more well-known, perhaps for this reason there are many patterns in the search category ‘Crochet Techniques/Slip Stitch’ that do not belong. We are contacting designers and requesting their help in correcting this.

Would you help us by reviewing your pattern listing, and removing the ‘slip-stitch’ tag on the following patterns: 
Frog Belly bag 
Santa pants silverware holder

Your help with this project is really appreciated. If you have any questions, please PM me or our group moderatorLiliTupili

thanks, 
Wowzer19 
Volunteer Editor

I dont know what i am supposed to do with this.  Both of these patterns use the slip stitch in the pattern and it sound like i am being asked to remove the tag because it isnt all slip stitch? 

Are these people actually ravelry people or re the just a group that wants the slip stitch tag all to themselves?  :reyes

Today is my grandsons birthday. He turned 11.. I made him a huge cupcake cake and will put icecream in the middle of it. I got them yesterday and he is so darn excited. He woke me up at 6:30 and bothered me every 30 minutes. Finally i said enough took out my babies to potting and made him eggs and toast. What he wanted. His party is at daughters. He wants a pool party. Well its just going to family. She is making hamburgers and i am mking or already made i should say baked beans and macaroni salad. We have chips and snacks.

well, i don't really know, sounds like she is asking you to change the title of your project, which if in fact uses slip stitches, I would decline probably, not to cause any trouble but honestly, it would seem to me, that one cannot claim a particular "stitch" as theirs alone.. That would be like to me anyway, if you made a crocodile stitch scarf, and edged it in slip stitch for instance, you would be bound by thier rule, NOT to put either crocodile, and or slip stitch in the title, for fear of offending either the "slip stitch group" or the "crocodiles stitch" group, seems odd to me to ask someone to do that, however, don't know much legal stuff bout that, why don't you ask our admins if they have ever heard of that, or probably better yet,  an admin on ravelry would probably be best as it happened on ravelry... sounds fishy to me,...........SHrugs shoulders!!

Hey guys here I am . not been around for a while Been busy busy busy. Kids went back to school, 2 more getting ready for college. church is planning a yard sale and a cook out. work work work.  Medical runs.... This mama is wiped out. lol

Good news... the Assistant manager at Hucks (where I work) put in his two week notice. And I have been asked to fill his shoes.  :yay

i havent been on raverly for a few days I checked in today and seen this in my messages.

slip stitch crochet
Sent at 2:37 AM August 10, 2014

Hi dragnlady5

I am a volunteer editor, and am working together with other volunteers in the Slip Stitch Crochet Group to improve accuracy and searchability in the pattern database.

‘Slip stitch crochet’ is a technique that uses all slip stitches to create a stretchy fabric, as shown in 

. In the Ravelry pattern database, the category ‘Crochet Techniques/Slip Stitch Crochet’ (tag, slip-stitch) is for patterns that are made using this technique. For some time the ‘slip-stitch’ tag did not have a tooltip, the one added in January of this year reads: A technique using only slip stitches to create fabric. Usually thinner and stretchier than other crochet fabric, sometimes has the appearance of knitted fabric. Also referred to as pjoning, Bosnian crochet and shepherd’s knitting.

The technique is a very old one but has only recently become more well-known, perhaps for this reason there are many patterns in the search category ‘Crochet Techniques/Slip Stitch’ that do not belong. We are contacting designers and requesting their help in correcting this.

Would you help us by reviewing your pattern listing, and removing the ‘slip-stitch’ tag on the following patterns: 
Frog Belly bag 
Santa pants silverware holder

Your help with this project is really appreciated. If you have any questions, please PM me or our group moderatorLiliTupili

thanks, 
Wowzer19 
Volunteer Editor

I dont know what i am supposed to do with this.  Both of these patterns use the slip stitch in the pattern and it sound like i am being asked to remove the tag because it isnt all slip stitch? 

Are these people actually ravelry people or re the just a group that wants the slip stitch tag all to themselves?  :reyes

well i looked at your posts, and no  where in the description at least is there mention of slip stitch, nor in the titles, so I have no idea what this is about.Seems to me, to be a "tag" thing. So,  Best bet, as mentioned above, contact a ravelry ADMIN, not a moderator about the message. if that is not what you want to do, I would suggest simply removing the "tag"  slip stitch if it's present, from your listings, to keep the peace, but again, just my opinion. sorry.

Hello!

I was feeling tired and kinda down this morning so once I finished the necessary activities (paying bills, laundry), I made myself start a sewing project. And I am soooo glad I did because I feel better and I finished an adorable top for my granddaughter. I hope to get a pair of capris made tomorrow to go with the top and then I'll post a picture. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Holy cow, you're not kidding! She thinks the fact that she had good intentions is the most important thing?? Uhhhhh, if your goal is to call attention to degrading marine habitat, and you do that by DAMAGING THE HABITAT then it doesn't matter how many good intentions you have, you were wrong and the "most important" thing about what you did is the damage you caused. I doubt they'll get anything out of suing her, except maybe deterring other people from doing dumb things like that??

even I, an avid crocheter, can see the no no value in this article...Yarn bombing at it's         worst???

Good morning!

dragnlady5 - I'm also curious to the outcome of the ravelry issue!

I'm tired! Got home at 10 from the family party, bed at 10:30 but still up before 5! What the what?????? Is this because I'm old or what?!

So today I'll be moving slow........

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning

another one up before 6 am for no reason except body clock said time to be up,because if I drift back to sleep

I'm more groggy and sluggish all darn day,so I don't fight it anymore,I just get up.

I'm making slow progress,started on the second square for the teacher in Carolina,sorry can't remember names right now

she was queen about two- three months ago.

hi all.. well  shoot.. hit a   snag today! Slipped and twisted my ankle, knee not feeling too great now either, ice helping, and aspirins, and ace and ben gay, and staying off it, hope I can walk tomorrow, further than the bathroom, lol. I have the use of a railed backed chair, and an old cane handyman had in the shed, it's slow going, but hopefully, tomorrow, after a long night of trying to stay off it, )minus of course those bathroom trips, lol) I will be able to trust it a bit more, today,not putting much weight on it at all, as to heal it faster, that and ice packs on and off, poor handyman, will keep him running tonight, im sure, lol....So, the teacher in carolina, humm, now who would that be, ha ha.....I don't know right off, my book and list is wayyyyy in the craft room, lol so can't look it up right now....I do hope none of you need anything that would require me moving farther than the powder room, lol

Other than that, was going to make a 1234 cake this evening, but that is out, maybe I can talk handyman into it?? Or, we can have canned fruit for desert... Thank goodness I got a roast in the crock early this am, so alls he will have to do is taters, and a vegie, and we can have supper...he knows too, how to make gravy, lucky me huh!!  ..I did not need this at this time!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

hi all.. well  shoot.. hit a   snag today! Slipped and twisted my ankle, knee not feeling too great now either, ice helping, and aspirins, and ace and ben gay, and staying off it, hope I can walk tomorrow, further than the bathroom, lol. I have the use of a railed backed chair, and an old cane handyman had in the shed, it's slow going, but hopefully, tomorrow, after a long night of trying to stay off it, )minus of course those bathroom trips, lol) I will be able to trust it a bit more, today,not putting much weight on it at all, as to heal it faster, that and ice packs on and off, poor handyman, will keep him running tonight, im sure, lol....So, the teacher in carolina, humm, now who would that be, ha ha.....I don't know right off, my book and list is wayyyyy in the craft room, lol so can't look it up right now....I do hope none of you need anything that would require me moving farther than the powder room, lol

Other than that, was going to make a 1234 cake this evening, but that is out, maybe I can talk handyman into it?? Or, we can have canned fruit for desert... Thank goodness I got a roast in the crock early this am, so alls he will have to do is taters, and a vegie, and we can have supper...he knows too, how to make gravy, lucky me huh!!  ..I did not need this at this time!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

okay I went to the first page,her name is Jillipop

Archived