Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I haven't finished my 'ghan yet! I got an order for 14 scarves in different colors & patterns. I have 1 done & am working on the 2nd right now.. I am doing the one now in the c2c pattern. LOVE it!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dragn, the pastor's quilt sounds beautiful, so sorry it did not make an impression on him.  It may be appreciated more more than you think.  It seems like guys are good at blocking things out and only focus on what's immediately before them.  Just remember how good you felt while you were working on it and not the disappointment when you asked about it.

Tues we took my niece out for lunch for her birthday.  Before lunch Jim and our niece went through the King Tut exhibit at Union Station in downtown KC.  I didn't want to see it so I waited on a bench crocheting.  A young man stopped and said he thought it was neat that I was crocheting and  asked if I was doing single stitch.  I told him I was.  He said he liked doing double stitch and that he had learned from his grandma.  He said it took him 3 months to make an afghan. 

katy I am a past member of your little club and do not wish to renew my membership in it anytime soon ;)   I don't think I have many more slips, trips, and falls left that I will recover from.   

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. They are getting easier to make. Or i am just getting more used to them.LOL

That one I'm selling . So still need to make at 3 of something for the other 3 grand-boys. I have one bear made for the youngest. Then need to get there I Spy Quilts made. Been collecting blocks for them and i know I have enough to make one at least and Im sure 2 because the youngest will be about 10 months old so his wont have to be a big one.

Oh my, our Chair club grows by the day, huh.... I liked that it spelled out CHAIR< as that is where you usually will find me these days, ha ha ha...

Clumsy,hurrting and in rehab, lol CHAIR love it.

Ok Kim, we will be patient for your return darlin!!

I know pinieknott  is in our Chair club as well, lol....how is that wrist doing by now!!

I had much else to comment  on, but if i go back, and look again, Ill lose this much, lol

I have three major hurdles to conquer..

1. I need to figure out how to get in the shower ( i have huge high soaker tubs ,sigh..)

2. I need to do steps before I can go out to the car,

3. I need to find a shoe that fits that foot comfortably, lol

all do able, with a bit more time, me thinks.....Am hoping by Saturday, (daughter and son in law coming over with dinner,pizza probably and bread sticks, ummm.dipped in ranch,yummy...) that I will be down to one crutch confidently, (i did one crutch today, but it was in the hallway, where I could help myself out with handyman ahead of me,and hallwalls to help me along,but i did it) and now maybe soon,  walking again without the crutches. SO we will see..

This is only day 11... lol

Hi Kuddles!

rain rain rain, it's all we hear all night long, got another few inches last night, and at this rate, it really doesn't do much good, as it just pools, and floods, and runs off, doesn't soak in when there is that much at one time...... soooo, more expected the rest of the week, but its nice to fall asleep to,if the thunder isn't too loud!

I Hate those HUGE cracks, that make ya jump!!

All for now take care,s ee ya later!    oh, and HI JESSICALI, good to see you again as well!!!!!

Oh forgot, Im getting ready now to notify the new nominee for biggest square for Sept, yay...this month has gone so fast already, Reiann,how are you doing on your squares girl, long time no hear from !!!!!!!

its coming along well,It must be getting used to this extra use and is not rebelling as much

well let me tell ya all,we were traumatized by a bluejay today in our driveway,he kept dive bombing us,

we were trying to get stuff out of the car,he flew in there and refused to leave,took about a half hr to get him out,then he was attacking Jimmy's walker.it freaks me out big time to have birds fly at me,my sister in law used to think it was so cute to let their bird fly loose in the house,the few times we visited he kept swooping toward me,natural instinct to me is to swat it away,told her and she finally put the dang bird in another room,I was ready to tell Bill,okay lets go,end of visit

okay I'm over my heebie jeebies beebies,hopefully his mother takes him to another tree and not the one in our yard by the car.

Hi everyone. What a day, got a new client today and then I went and did something for the first time ever... so I'm self inflicted into the chair club. I got a tattoo.  :eek   Yes, I was taught they were taboo and I'd go straight to hell for it but times change and I did it anyway. lol I got a little cartoon character that my hubby invented... he used to leave him everywhere (on shopping lists, on napkins, to go menus) just wherever to brighten my day. He even drew me one the last day before he went into a coma... so I have a little cartoon guy holding a sign that says I LUV U. It's traced from one of his drawings and on my foot. :) Yes, it hurt but I love it. I was told to go barefoot a few days and elevate it so it wouldn't swell much. July 4th was our 15th anniversary so it's sort of my anniversary gift. :)    On a good note, with the down time, I can catch up on work and some crocheting. :) 

I got the other puffies sent out and some other surprises so maybe now I can get some more done to send next week. :)

its coming along well,It must be getting used to this extra use and is not rebelling as much

well let me tell ya all,we were traumatized by a bluejay today in our driveway,he kept dive bombing us,

we were trying to get stuff out of the car,he flew in there and refused to leave,took about a half hr to get him out,then he was attacking Jimmy's walker.it freaks me out big time to have birds fly at me,my sister in law used to think it was so cute to let their bird fly loose in the house,the few times we visited he kept swooping toward me,natural instinct to me is to swat it away,told her and she finally put the dang bird in another room,I was ready to tell Bill,okay lets go,end of visit

okay I'm over my heebie jeebies beebies,hopefully his mother takes him to another tree and not the one in our yard by the car.

I'm convinced blue jays are evil lol if not evil, they are definitely mean! They used to dive bomb squirrels and other birds for food. I can imagine how scary that was!

a tatoo huh, never ever interested in having one, not into self inflicted pain, as I do enough accidentally to myself, lol..But that is a nice tribute to your husband, very nice sentiment...

Blue jays are just very protective of thier young, and their territory, hey, a birds gotta do what a birds gotta do, lol, Knew of one some time ago, that like to dive bomb cats, but alas, said blue jay must have met his match, as I haven't seen him for a while....

either that, or he moved on. huh.

Well, im in for a snack, i think we have some microwave popcorn, so I think ill bug handyman to make us some! see you all tomorrow, have a good evening!!          

Good morning all!

Blue jays........they used to attack our cat when I was a kid. Not nice!

Got an ENT appt this morning for my dang nose. Maybe he'll give me a new one!

Been super busy this week with work/school/etc. Looking forward to the holiday weekend!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning!!!  Hope everyone is doing well on this beautiful Friday morning.   I'm just about to head back to bed for my 2nd nap of the day but I wanted to show you all the gorgeous squares that I rec'd from sopo yesterday!   Thank you so very much Stephanie, I love them all!!! You really and truly made my day.

post-16860-0-31234300-1409319715_thumb.jpg

Good luck with your nose kuddles.

Glad you got them and liked them, Ann. A nap sounds wonderful. :) 

good luck kuddles with appointment. I hope you get the new nose you are looking for. LOL

beauitiful blocks . Love the patterns.

good lucik at the docs kuddles, and wow, such beautiful squares stephanie!! In  Ann's favortie colors as well, wow, what a nice surprize!!!

got a reply from our new queen nominee,and she has accepted the honor, so stay tuned, and I will announce her crowning on the first of Sept!!     

day 12 of recovery, feeling more optimistic about walking nornally again,lol, trying to use just one crutch for today, see how that works out!  Swelling did decrease a bit, and for the first time since this happened,i can move the little toe on that foot!! yay..

kind of an overcast day here, so I feel sulky, and bored, lol... made a square this am, from a pattern in one of my books, and I don't like it,,,,,,,,,,I know i know, but it's just so floppy!! I will rip it out and try again anoter time, lol the one in the book didn't look floppy at all, so I don't know.

in every crocheters career, there are successes, and failures, and I am pleased to say, my successes wayyyyy out weigh the failures, lol thankgoodness!!

takecare all till later!!!!! this is kaite, signing out....

omg!! got the mail today, well handyman did, and guess what was in it! well, a baby hedgehog!! a crocheted one, from sopo!!!!!! how cute is this, I think I shall name her hanna, or heidi, taking suggestions here, I will photo her a bit later, when camera and hanna/heidi are both in the same room!!! Thank you so much for her, and the get well card Stephanie, she is adorable, now I want a real one, lol, I swear, if I didn't have a cat......lol  i might get one!      he he, thank you , you made my day!!!!!!!! :ty  

Lets see now, what do hedgehogs eat?? are they  nocturnal,  do they hibernate in cold nebraska weather???? seems I have some research to do, lol.............thanks stephanie, that was just so much of a surprise!!!!!!!!! I love her!!!!!!!

Lol so glad you like her and many hedgies owners have cats. They are curious but they don't bother them... actually they can get along. They are nocturnal, they eat a good cat food and like freeze dried mealworms (some don't as 2 of mine won't touch them) as well as some fruits and vegis. they need a warm place to stay so that they won't go into hibernation as it's dangerous and can be lethal to them.  I have started a website (need to get it updated and finished) but it has some info on it www.holymolyhogs.com  

they need a solid wheel to run on at night, but that's about the most expensive part of their set up as 105 sterlite tubs make great homes for them. Oh, and they can be litter trained, put a litter pan under their wheel and they learn fast. :) 

Hi everybody!

I got a new microwave this week. It came the day before yesterday.  I am looking forward to using it. I am reading the instruction booklet today.

Rusty and I are fine.  We are working on taking out the trash today and also going through the mail and deleting what we don't want and also the outdated mail. 

I have to get started back on Rusty's blanket.  Maybe after I go through the mail and take out the trash. 

Hope everybody is doing better if they are hurting and those of us who aren't, I hope we are having a nice day. I know that Rusty and I are. 

See you later!

Jeannie

:manyheart omg jeanie, is that rusty in your icon!! what a doll, he sure has some personality in the picture, no wonder he is so special to you!!! Glad your microwave came, and you are reading instructions soon, I thought only men pushed those booklets aside, ha ha... Something like asking for directions, I guess.....lol :yes

Well, expecting daughter, son in law, and pizza a bit later, breadsticks, or cheese sticks, and will have a great visit with them both today!! son in law had all four wisdom teeth pulled last week I think, but is doing so much better now.....

NOthing much else, had something to ask, oh yes, thanks for the info on hedge hogs sopo, how many do you have?? And one little mama too, expecting babies, wow, how many do they usually have??? When daughter was young, we always had hamsters, and our cats at that time weren't that interested, but one time, SHE wanted gerbils instead of hamsters, and the cats sure watched them with their mouths watering!! They would starethrough the glass cage, ( with a lid, I might add. lol) with stars in their eyes, we always said, "oh, there are the cats, watching GTV again, lol (MTV with gerbils though)

I hated the gerbils, they looked and acted way too much like mice, and I hate mice!

got a story about that, remind me to tell it to you all soon, lol just say gerbils, and I will remember what I was going to tell you all, ha ha.

hey, day 13 of recovery, and I have been either hobbling around with one crutch, or.....winging it for short trips like in my craft room, from the table to the yarn bin, for example, lol

Hopefully, a real shower, looms in the near future, :clap  I know  I am clean taking sink baths twice a day, however, something about that hot water hitting your body, you know!! I miss it. I mean, this is a girl that wouild take a shower three times a day if time and inclination permitted, ha ha..

HOpefully soon, I can trust that leg a bit more than i do now, and venture into that shower/ tub  soon!!! So hopefully, with a little luck , I will be all reccoped in another week, or so,,,,,fingers crossed!!

gotta go have an oatmeal raison cookie now, to stave off hungar till the kids and the pizza come, lol, so talk to you all later, take care, and lets be careful out there, CHAIR is getting a lot of members lately!! :manyheart

Hi! I had a long reply, and my phone decided to delete it. Ugh! Anyway, I'm having a little barbecue at Huntington Beach. I finished my first friendshipghan! Thank you to all that helped! I have the list that I will post later. I think it turned out okay. I can't post pictures from my phone gallery; so here's the link to my Facebook post. They're four pictures, not one.

TTFN :)

Edit on 8/30/14:  I removed the Facebook link because I'm home, which means that I can upload the pictures at last :)

post-44469-0-56628200-1409459919_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-79062500-1409459922_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-65692100-1409459926_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-80275000-1409459930_thumb.jpg

HIIIII angel, good to see you, that ghan is sure a pretty one, love the border, and the flowers, and all of it, it's gorgeous, course expect nothing less than perfect from you young lady!!! thanks for sharing Maria, it's just stunning, is this for you, or someone else??? Love your design!!

:welcome  :clap hey all, one of our original member is returning to the fold, Kimgoodie, to all those that remember her, and those that don''t too, please welcome her back to our little group. As soon as she pms me size she prefers, I will add that to her name on the first post, so Kim, did you miss us as much as we missed you????? lol welcome back girl!! :cheer

Archived