Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

owlvamp, thanks for the baby picturre, that cutie can cheer up anyone's day

sopo, love the hippo, the hedgies look so small and fragile at this point

:yay kuddles is back, your sunflower always makes me happy

Rusty's Mom I have a bag of 25 4 inch pastel squares ready to mail but it will be next week before I can get to the PO.  They are pastels as that is what I thought you wanted.  I may have misunderstood your request on the first page.  

:cheer  :cheer go katy go, just go careful.  sounds like you are moving right along

hi all, thanks bgs, and rusty's mom changed up her prefs a bit to include med and brights too, as well as pastels, so you are right on the mark, i sent just today, pastels to her too, cause I made them before she added to her prefs, but she will take all pretty much so not a problem........and wow, you were busy, 25!! but they are kinda fun to make the smaller ones, aren't they!!

I feel better about my ankle, i know it is getting better now, for a while, I had my doubts, lol. I wanted to do some dishes after dinner tonight, but handyman nixed it, and said he would do them, wouldn't it be wonderful if this new habit of him doing dishes stuck even after i recover fully, lol....shhh, im enjoying it while it lasts!!

He'll be on a job again tomorrow, so I am hoping to at least vac the kitchen, I have a little sweeper vac I use on the floor out there, easier than sweeping, anyway, hope I can get that done, without him noticing, lol. and I noticed today, the main vac, (bagless and see through holder) needs the dirt holder, for lack of a better word, emptied, so that is something I will take care of myself tomorrow, lol, I can do the easy stuff!!

I ordered a quad cane today, and will venture out to a couple stores if and when it arrives, and I feel I can do a few stairs  that is not too far from now, and I will feel more confident to try!! lol I guess i am still a bit fearful yet, and avoiding another misstep, that would prolong this recovery even longer you know.,

well queens squares went out today, and poor sopo, waiting all this time for me to mail her lavendar 12 inch, thanks for you patience stephanie, and it is on it's way lady!!! yay!! I was so thrilled when handyman said he would take them, as he was gonig right by a post office, so I owe him one, lol I was going to go next week, regardless if i had to crutch in myself, lol

well all, rain on the way, so stay in, and stay dry, have a great evening!!!! ;)

Hi everybody!

Today I am going to try doing the laundry.  Besides the laundry, I noticed yesterday that there are dishes to wash from last night and I'm sure that I can find more housework to do if I look.

Katie, I'm glad to hear that you're getting around so well. Try not to rush things and I believe that you will continue to do well.

That Cody is sure one cute baby! 

I am working on getting a camera so that I can make some pictures of Rusty and Rusty and me and the house and the birds and whatever else I can think of.

Jeannie

hi everyone.. A camera would be lots of fun rusty's mom, I hope you get one!

rained a little,nothing major, probably more tonight!

glad it's friday for all those that need it to be, ha ha ha.

Hi sandra,how goes it !!

Kim, your prefs on the first post, are changed to 8 inch as requested!

I got nothing else here, gonna head in soon,and shower, yay,Ilove that!! lol

Hi everyone. Long day. The pink happypotamus got a 1st place ribbon at the fair. That made me happy. I also got 1st on a tote and 2nd on the drop in the pond baby afghan. I think it was too bright for them. lol Most everything there for babies was pink or lavender. But it was fun so that's what counts. Then my phone went crazy today. It's been going downhill for a while but I hate change. So after hours and hours of research, I ordered a new one. Should be here tuesday. Tomorrow is back to the fair to bring the stuff home. We are supposed to get rain tomorrow too but that's ok, we need it. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 

pineknott, that is a long time without rain! Wow. Glad you finally got some!

aside from wanting rain so I didn't have to water the garden,this extreme humidity just drains me.

the other reason is we didn't need another fire in The Great Dismal Swamp,we had one a few years back and the smell of smoke lasted for months on end,till it was completely out

Happy Birthday Cuddles.  :yay  :yay  :yay  :birthday  :yay  :yay  :yay

We have rain! Yay! But now I have to drive in OKC in the rain. Wish me luck. :(  

Happy Birthday Kuddles!

Congratulations sopo!

Not much going on here. I am spending the day sewing a dinosaur costume for my grandson.

Have a great day everyone!

well first things first, happy birthday to kuddles!!!!!!!!!!  and my happy face thingies aren'tworking, but there should be balloons here!!!

quotes aren't working for me either, so ill answer what I cfan remember...

Nice going, first prize on the hippo, that is nice, congratz on all ribons Sopo!!

carol, sewing feind,lol

hi owlvamp, and kay, and all else I promptly forgot about answering.....

Nice day today here, tomorrow, will be three, count them, three  weeks, and I am hoping to get out a bit tomorrow, just gotta try the steps, can't be afraid of them any longer, lol wish me luck!!    Luck to you too, whomever needed it, o sopo i think,d riving in the rain.........

Lacey, I need to see these tatertots blankees, pics please lol

Hi Katie,

You are right about a camera being fun.  I am working on getting one. I have a digital camera, but no batteries or usb cable for it. I will either get the batteries and the usb cable or a camera that can be used with film. I can get the pictures made with this kind put on a cd and I can transfer some of them to the computer. 

Happy birthday to kuddles!

I did not get the laundry done yesterday or Friday. I will try for Monday on that.  Good night all.

Jeannie

Good morning all and thank you for all the birthday wishes! I was 'allowed' to sleep in until 7! We went to Blackberry Farm with friends (really more for little kids but fun), lunch, then Joanns where I spent the $30 gift card my coworker gave me (woot) then a quilt shop to look at fabric I can't afford, then dinner.....let's just say it was a whirlwind!

So thanks again for the wonderful birthday wishes!

Sopo - congrats on that win!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Here it is mid 70s, and sunny! Gorgeous weather.......for my BD! LOL

Have a super rest of your day! I'll be going to my co workers daughters bd party then kiddles gets her first swimming lesson at the rec center at the community college down the street. She is 10 and still doesn't know how....time to bring in the big guns!

kuddles

Archived