Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good evening everyone. Sorry Ive been MIA this week. I found out late Tuesday night that my Great Uncle had passed away. I will miss him dearly, but I am so glad that I got to see him one last time ( the same day I ended up in the ER with the kidney stone). I know he was very sick, but it was so good to see him smile. I didnt get to go to his funeral yesterday, since it was out of town and the kids were in school. I also found out today that a long time friend of the family (for almost 40 years), is doing much worse than we thought. She has 2 grapefruit sized tumors on her back, blood on her brain and her cancer has spread to her bones. The surgeons were going to try to remove the tumors and the blood on the brain, but they told her today that it is not possible because she is too sick to even make it out of the surgeries, let alone wake up from the induced coma they would have to put her in. So needless to say my plate is full. 

On the bright side, I got a car, a 94 plymouth sundance, I have insurance and a permit, but before I can drive the car we have to fix the oil leak before we can do the safety inspection. Shouldnt be that hard. Also, I got a part time job at a Halloween store ! My dream job! Cant believe it, after 13 years without a job, i finally have one. Awesome :)

Sorry this is such a long post. Hope you all are doing well. :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sorry about the job. That's rough. :( Only three months! That's got to be a rotten place to work.... At least it took me a couple years to start hating my job....

I don't mind the work so much... It's a title and settlement company so we do home purchase and refinance closings and I like that part, it's a career and a job that will always be needed, but my problem is the people. Which is kind of sad, because we've only got a 3 person office and that's including me! The owner is fine, she's a little flighty sometimes and forgets things or doesn't always realize what she's doing, but she's nice and that's important. The other girl is the younger sister of one of my friends and a girl I worked with at my old job. She and I wound up being very very good friends but she and her sister couldn't be more different! She's much younger than me and so bossy and everything that comes out of her mouth has that "how could you be so stupid??" tone and it's so hard to deal with... She even tried to correct me on how I was making copies! There's really only so many ways you can make a copy!

Didn't set the alarm! Yikes!

kuddles

I hate when that happens! I always wake up on my own with what feels like a heart attack and always about 45 minutes later than necessary for me to make it on time! 

I actually picked up my crochet hook last night! I got the white borders added onto my squares from sopo and got them added onto my ghan and then got about 85% of a square done. Not real sure who it's going to yet, but we'll figure that out in 2 rows when I'm done.

DH and I had leftovers for dinner. We had a bunch of random things left over from meals through the week, but it was mostly well-rounded and it's always nice to not have to cook on a Friday! 

I'm hanging out with my sister and Peanut for a bit tomorrow and then DH and I have a birthday party for a friend's son and then my first football game of the season on Sunday Redskins vs Jaguars! I'm excited now but I know the novelty will wear off by the end of the season, having to drive 2 hours in the traffic to DC. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll be checking in! 

Good morning all!

Woke at 3:30, got up at 4 quietly, got online only to have it go down. So was looking at my machine embroidery files for a bit.....I have so many I got years ago....I sometimes wonder what I was thinking when I bought some of them! Internet came back just in time for kiddles to get up at 5 (yes that is typical) and she is happily watching Bernstein Bears on demand while I talk to you all!

Immafreak - sorry about your loss and the sick friend! Hugs!

Katy - sounds like you are finally mending! Woot!

Yesterday kiddles and I got home after she got out at noon early. We bought taters from Wendy's and ate them at home (oh and yes little frosties too!). Ran to the library and when we returned, no electricity! So my dreams of sewing the afternoon away were dashed! I now have 6 items to make in the hoop on my machine! My bestie Sue (turtleover) wants 3 items and then she showed to her mom and she put in an order for 3! At least I'll make a couple bucks! She and her mom love my little zippered bags......I have made a turtle, a horse, an owl, now I'll be doing a cat......never enough time in the day when you also have to work full time!

Cold again today but no rain. Same for tomorrow.

Well I better move on to the next thing! Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi everybody,

Sorry I have not been here lately, but I am back now. 

I know those of you who sent squares to me are wondering where they are. Me too. For some reason, the mail has not run here since Monday.  I did get something Monday, but I was busy--have been all this week--and didn't get to the mailbox.  I will post when I get the squares. I know that they are on the way. I just have not gotten them yet.  I am also waiting on some yarn that is overdue I  think.  Will check with the person who sold it to me and see when it was mailed. Hope all of you are well.

Jeannie

Good morning! I officially have a bit of a cold. Oh well.....it's not super bad!

I did get some zippered bags done yesterday, well except for turning and ironing. Two more to go for my order from Turtle's mom, and a few are gifties for her...her bd was the 12th. Katy, I'll post pix, I promise!

Finished a crossbody bag for a gal at work to buy for a friend. That will give me 15 bucks to spend! Woot!

Got most errands done yesterday (were only two) so today will be walking a lot (if I don't wear out!) and hopefully more sewing!

Oh and coupon commotion starts today at Joanns and I have a bunch of coupons! Guess where I'm going today???

Hugs!

Kuddles

Good morning Ladies

Broke down and turned on the ole furnace today.   Woke up to 51 degrees and had to draw the line.   lol   Nice and cozy now I can get some squares knocked out.   Do you all find its much easier to crochet and knit when its cold versus with its hot?    Going to post tomorrow morning.   Gonna need a few addresses, pm's coming today.   Ready to post yours too Rusty's mom, should I hold off due to your mailing issues?  Keep warn everyone, and have a great Sunday.

Kim, you  have been a busy bee!!! you might have to pm them (recipients) separtately though, in case they don't check in here often enough to notice, or maybe even they do, but don't read all the back posts.....

Thanks kuddles, looking forward to the pix, always can count on something darling coming from you!!

Jeanie, thanks for confirming your addy, I will check against the mail receipt, and let you know, but looks like the one i sent it too, so.....

Hi Linda, nice here today as well, can't believe it, but four weeks into this recovery, sheesh,,,,who knew, huh!!!

I have gotten out twice now!! so far, up and down the five steps off the porch, and into the car, thanki goodness it wasn;t my right foot and leg, lol, or I couldn't drive

Only thing that worried me a bit was the getting back up the steps the first time, the second time, came a bit easier, I found out that if you overthink how you are going to do something, it doesn't work out for me, confuses me, so I just didn't think and went up them by instinct and I was fine, with the two handrails that is, lol no crutch, or cane on the steps, I figured that would trip me up more than not!!Knee hurts a bit, after a stair journey, but i gotta get over  this!!!!!!

Showers are conquered, and steps, still haven't tried a real shoe yet though!! all in time, all in time!! lol

ok for now, hope all is ok in your parts!           

Hello everyone!

Love those bright blocks...

Been busy sewing, cleaning and just feeling sick over the weekend. No energy at all not even to get on the internet..

Miss you guys !

ohhh, kim, i love it that my pattern turned out so pretty for you, tellme please, doesn't look as though you had any trouble with it, but did you, lol....Just lovely, love the colors....

glad you experimented with making it bigger too, all that is mostly, is more granny rounds!! easy peasy!

Sandra, feel better girlie!!

Good morning! Woke up at my new 'time' of around 3:30....then when I can't go back to sleep, I just get on up. Luckily I didn't wake kiddles so she is still sleeping!

Kim - you are a busy one!

owlvamp - hope you get your energy back!

katy - you go girl! Woot!

Linida - howdy!

Hope we hear from grannyannie again soon! And others......

Joanns yesterday turned out nicely thank you very much! Used all but one coupon.......might run to a different joanns on my lunch near my work. Can't let one 50% coupon go to waste!

Well have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning everyone

I am so enjoying these cooler tempertures

In trying to dry my car out,someone ran my battery out,but was so quick to try and say the car was kaput and leave it at that.

there is a very grey area behind this,but don't want to get into it.

Archived