Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh, Katie, I'm so glad you were able to make it in and out of the shower safely.  I got a shower stool a while ago when I was severely anemic.  It has come in handy so many times.  If you don't have one, you really should think about getting one.  Yay to no crutches at least part of the time!  I'm praying for you :)

Guess what?!  I did get my bag after all!  I'm a real bag lady, not just in theory but in actuality!  I posted pictures in the tote thread.  I am so happy!!!  I am on my way to add it to my signature  :compute

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sopo cute babies

:eek NO KUDDLES, What is wrong that this place all of a sudden blocks people?  

Congrats angel on your bag, see that's another one of "us" in the group. 

Katy I know your shower felt sooooo gooood.

hi sandra, welcome back to posting, lol you have been scarce for a while, unless i have missed you in reading posts lately!!

Yes bgs, best shower I ever took, no lie!!

Didn't stay in long, was nervous about getting out, but that went fine as well, and today, handyman put up a bar in the shower, not only for balance but for help in and out, and I think it will stay, even when I am back to normal!!

Went OUT on the deck today, no troulbe getting out, (steps, 2) and no trouble getting back in, didn't use my crutch, but it was there, if I thought I would need too, Next hurdle, is manuvuring the 5 deeper steps leading up the front door, we have a "ramp) that handyman put out to the back yard for the doggie, but it is a bit steep, and I would then have to walk around to the driveway quite a ways, so I think the steps will be my next conquest, in the next few days...

I watched a couple helpful vids on you tube,

on how to use crutches, or one crutch, or a cane, and doing steps, this makes sense now, up steps, use good leg first, (up to heaven, heaven is good there for good leg)  and bad foot first going down (down to he double LL, which is bad so bad leg first down steps, ) so, will try to remember my heaven and he double LL, for the steps, when Im ready!

well, all for now, have had a productive and satisfying day of recovery, so far, nother shower this evening probably, and the end of the sink baths for good!! (Moved all my soaps and gels back to the shower today, lol)

Gotta stroll on in, clean up my craft room mess, trying to figure out how to use some sportz weight yarn..any ideas???

katy i sure hope you get to 100% soon. You are coming a long quite well though.

I have posted here and there. But also been so busy and i just broke away for a few so i could read and post.

Good morning!

Feels good to be back and be the first to say good morning today! Woot!

Gotta get thru the heat today/tomorrow then back to low 70s starting Saturday! I'm so excited - I love cooler weather! Fall is my fav!

Started a cotton crochet bag last nite. My crochet mojo has returned a bit so that is good. Still sewing when I can....made myself a new purse, gotta download the pic then I'll show ya.

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning!

Yay! Kuddles is back and Katie is up and going again, a little slowly but still going.

Angel congrats on becoming a Bag Lady! 

Hello to everyone else, sorry if I missed posts but it was not a good night and I'm not sure I'm really awake. I need to get through work today and then make a stop at Joanns for a few items for the dinosaur costume I'm starting for my grandson. Then home to my sewing room  :clap . Have a great day everyone.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the congratulations. I am so honored to be our new queen!

Katie, I don't know exactly how many squares I need, but let's say I'll take all the you can send.  I don't have any of the bright or medium colors. I have some pastel, but I need more so anything you send I'll be happy to receive.  Thanks to all of you who pledged squares! 

Jeannie

Good morning everyone. I have got to learn not to help so much. Not grand this morning.

Need to go find my happy place and get my I Spy Swap moving a long and in the mail.

Heres a happy place to be. Yesterday i sewed this tie on Cody's onesie.He loves watching Mickey Mouse club House.. My favorite man Is Mickey Mouse!!! LOL I collect him and am going to start someday some black red and yellow squares to make a blanket.

post-48736-0-45118700-1409838695_thumb.jpg

hello all!!

whata cute baby!!! Hi kuddles, and glad you're back!!

cSHORT, thanks for the vote of confidence, I did/have been out on the deck without too much help from the crutch, so that is my second hurdle, that and a shower being the number one, which now is conquered. I have one more obstacal a nd that would be the steps to get to the car, so that is on the agenda in another day or two.... wish me luck!!

Hi kim,

Rusty' s mom, hey, sopo and rusty, glad to say handyman took two puffys to the po for me this am, as he was going right by this am, so they are on their way, sopo's purple square, and our Queen's puffy, they are pastels, will send you more if you like in medium colors later on, when I can get out myself...

what else, nothing much else, getting around pretty well, can't complain, want to become way more mobile though, lol Have donations for Project Linus to drop off someday, and the shelter, and can' t wait to enter a hobby lobby, or Michaels again, and soon!!!! lol

all for now, you all have a great day, and I will catch up with you later!

Cute baby! Welcome back Kim and Kuddles. I am sending 2 puffies out today too. I sent pastels to the queen, but will try and send brighter later in the month. 

Hedgie babies doing well. Hippo done and going to the fair today. Finished a longhorn hat for a friend and am now attempting to put the comfortghan together. 

Katy, glad you are getting around better. Thanks again for the square.

post-44513-0-05757700-1409848402_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-50299200-1409848443_thumb.jpg

Sopo love the hippo ... I really want to make one. I think I have her frog pattern. I'm almost positive I do. Maybe I can start on that after my Noah afghan.

Thanks for the comments on Cody! He sure is my light.

Archived