Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I would love to see the feed sack pictures kuddles ... I'm very interested in those.

Good morning everyone! Hope all goes well and the boys come to me today. Not sure what will do but excited non the less.

I lost both of my freezers and all the food in it. :(. So Sunday I think we are picking up a used one for now. It's a stand up freezer. The little freezer on the refrig. Just doesn't cut it. We are so tight not sure we can swing it but we are going to try. We really need one and don't have the money for a new one. I rather a chest freezer but this will work for now if we get it.

It makes me sick to think of all the money down the drain on all the food that went bad.

That really sucks. Hopefully this used one will hold up for you.

I'm anxiously waiting to see if Jessicali got her package from me.....

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is awful about the freezer. :( Our refrigerator stopped working temporarily and we ended up purging a bunch, so I feel your pain! On the plus side for us, at least if it had to go out it did when we have twelve inches of snow on the ground outside! DH got the fridge contents down to just a bit, and I put it all in a styrofoam box filled with snow and left it out in the gazebo! I was all for just burying it in the snow, myself, but he was concerned about animals maybe getting into it. Which wasn't unreasonable, I thought, given that the darn squirrels chewed a hole in the base of one of our bird feeders.

Haven't had much energy to write lately; still haven't gotten the urge to work on the blankets I really need to work on. I was doing pretty good, and then the Games happened, and now I'm just bleaaaaaaah. I did make green eggs and ham though, over on the show-and-tell board. Really should get to work on the blankets!

I have been lurking, to keep up with everyone.... Hugs to all that need 'em. Which is all of us, who am I kidding, who doesn't need hugs? Unless you have personal space issues, in which case, high five.  :hug  :2rock (Ok, I know, I know. But it doesn't look like we have a high five icon, and this seems like the closest emotional match.)

Hello al!!!

Hi ya yarn monkey, good to see you post!!!!

Carol, busy as always I see, you need more rest, lol

Kuddles, :) back atcha girlfriend!!

granny annie, wakey wakey, lol

owlvamp, how did you lose your freezers??????m

Viking, you always make me laugh!!!!!!!

To skoggy, you are getting more puffys!!!!!!!!!!!! hooo haw!!!!!!!!!!

To all lurkers, and visitors,hope your friday went swimingly well.... Mine was spent running around and doing chores I guess, as always, lol but I did get a stop to the post office in, so,        Jessica5966 that isn't right, but if i go and look on the first page, i will lose this message!! ,   So new Jessica,  and Pineknott, and New Queen as of midnight tonight, expect a puffy soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, the time is almost upon us to pass Skoggy's crown to our new March Queen!! So many good things in March, its a fun month, spring will spring,  people will be able to get out and get about, the thaw will begin for those of you with miles of piles of snow, and well, it's just a nice month!!!!

SO, in honor of the Biggest Square of Yarn Hill, let me hereby appoint, announce, declare, report, release,   broadcast, impart, and divulge the news you all have been on pins and needles about, the Person of the month, the Biggest Square of March, whom I will now name, by name!!!!!!  

Oh but first the crown....

Please be advised, this is the crown I chose for you, you are free to roam the pages and pages of them and pick out your own online, if you so desire.....with that said,,,COngrats new Queen, may you be spoiled with lots of squares in this, your month of March!!!!!! Enjoy!!!! She would like 6 or 12 inch squares in any color!!!!!!!  Easy Peasy!!!!!! She is or has been a long standing member of this thread, and we wish her a long and square-full month!!!!!

So there ya go!!!!!!! enjoy your reign Queen JESSICALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Gals!  Is this early enough for ya?  I'm heading back to bed in a few minutes but I wanted to be sure to come on and thank CindySweetThings for the absolutely beautiful squares she sent me!  Her newest creations!  I love them!  Thank you soooooo much!

I would love to see the feed sack pictures kuddles ... I'm very interested in those.

Good morning everyone! Hope all goes well and the boys come to me today. Not sure what will do but excited non the less.

I lost both of my freezers and all the food in it. :(. So Sunday I think we are picking up a used one for now. It's a stand up freezer. The little freezer on the refrig. Just doesn't cut it. We are so tight not sure we can swing it but we are going to try. We really need one and don't have the money for a new one. I rather a chest freezer but this will work for now if we get it.
It makes me sick to think of all the money down the drain on all the food that went bad.

Oh no!  That really stinks.  Do you have insurance?  Will they cover it?  

Wow!  Those are great!!!!

Hello al!!!

To skoggy, you are getting more puffys!!!!!!!!!!!! hooo haw!!!!!!!!!!

To all lurkers, and visitors,hope your friday went swimingly well.... Mine was spent running around and doing chores I guess, as always, lol but I did get a stop to the post office in, so,        Jessica5966 that isn't right, but if i go and look on the first page, i will lose this message!! ,   So new Jessica,  and Pineknott, and New Queen as of midnight tonight, expect a puffy soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, the time is almost upon us to pass Skoggy's crown to our new March Queen!! So many good things in March, its a fun month, spring will spring,  people will be able to get out and get about, the thaw will begin for those of you with miles of piles of snow, and well, it's just a nice month!!!!

SO, in honor of the Biggest Square of Yarn Hill, let me hereby appoint, announce, declare, report, release,   broadcast, impart, and divulge the news you all have been on pins and needles about, the Person of the month, the Biggest Square of March, whom I will now name, by name!!!!!!  

Oh but first the crown....

Please be advised, this is the crown I chose for you, you are free to roam the pages and pages of them and pick out your own online, if you so desire.....with that said,,,COngrats new Queen, may you be spoiled with lots of squares in this, your month of March!!!!!! Enjoy!!!! She would like 6 or 12 inch squares in any color!!!!!!!  Easy Peasy!!!!!! She is or has been a long standing member of this thread, and we wish her a long and square-full month!!!!!

attachicon.gifvc002.jpg

So there ya go!!!!!!! enjoy your reign Queen JESSICALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey busy lady!  Hope you're getting your mojo back!  Nice crown you picked out for our newest queen!

Congrats Jessicali!!!!!  I promise you 2 squares.  Can't promise when during the month you'll get them, but you will get them, lol.  Enjoy your month of pampering....

Here are the wonderful squares I rec'd from Cindy!

post-16860-0-85339800-1393669130_thumb.jpg  

Good Morning!

Of course I'm up early even if it is Saturday, guess my body doesn't follow the same calendar I do  :lol . 

Congratulations Jessicali! I will pledge at least 2 squares but hopefully more.

Grannyannie, those are very pretty squares.

I'm off to do some sewing and drop the car off for an oil change when the garage opens. I'll check back in later. Have a great day!

Okay I'll get ya a pic once I take it this weekend and we can 'chat' offline.....

That is awful about the freezer. :( Our refrigerator stopped working temporarily and we ended up purging a bunch, so I feel your pain! On the plus side for us, at least if it had to go out it did when we have twelve inches of snow on the ground outside! DH got the fridge contents down to just a bit, and I put it all in a styrofoam box filled with snow and left it out in the gazebo! I was all for just burying it in the snow, myself, but he was concerned about animals maybe getting into it. Which wasn't unreasonable, I thought, given that the darn squirrels chewed a hole in the base of one of our bird feeders.

Haven't had much energy to write lately; still haven't gotten the urge to work on the blankets I really need to work on. I was doing pretty good, and then the Games happened, and now I'm just bleaaaaaaah. I did make green eggs and ham though, over on the show-and-tell board. Really should get to work on the blankets!

I have been lurking, to keep up with everyone.... Hugs to all that need 'em. Which is all of us, who am I kidding, who doesn't need hugs? Unless you have personal space issues, in which case, high five.  :hug  :2rock (Ok, I know, I know. But it doesn't look like we have a high five icon, and this seems like the closest emotional match.)

Wow smart about putting it out in the snow! Hugs for the bleaahh feeling!

Hello al!!!

Kuddles, :) back atcha girlfriend!!

Howdy girl! And congrats to Jessicali!

Howdy Gals!  Is this early enough for ya?  I'm heading back to bed in a few minutes but I wanted to be sure to come on and thank CindySweetThings for the absolutely beautiful squares she sent me!  Her newest creations!  I love them!  Thank you soooooo much!

Oh no!  That really stinks.  Do you have insurance?  Will they cover it?  

Wow!  Those are great!!!!

Hey busy lady!  Hope you're getting your mojo back!  Nice crown you picked out for our newest queen!

Congrats Jessicali!!!!!  I promise you 2 squares.  Can't promise when during the month you'll get them, but you will get them, lol.  Enjoy your month of pampering....

attachicon.giffrom cindysweetthings-cindy.JPG

Good morning, hope you were able to get to sleep. Stunning squares! Cindy, love that square, can't wait to see a pattern!

and hello to everyone! Peeked out and I don't see snow on the road so I think we dodged that first bullet! And now tonite, only up to 6 inches so hopefully we are part that will get less......but kiddles and I will be safe and snug at home when that is happening!

Today I get to meet a friend for a quick lunch. Adult time! Woot! and Monday is a holiday for me and was supposed to be for kiddles, but she'll go half a day. So I will get a few hours to myself. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Yay, Jessicali!

Glad you like them!

Good morning, hope you were able to get to sleep. Stunning squares! Cindy, love that square, can't wait to see a pattern!

and hello to everyone! Peeked out and I don't see snow on the road so I think we dodged that first bullet! And now tonite, only up to 6 inches so hopefully we are part that will get less......but kiddles and I will be safe and snug at home when that is happening!

I have the pattern written down, I just need to type it up and have it tested.

We had a dusting last night and are expecting 3-6 inches tonight. Way better than the foot that was predicted earlier this week!

Y is sick again, only it sounds like what hubs and I have. Three of the four of us sound terrible! I still feel achy all over but still no fever. 

The plan for this weekend is to put the bunk bed together. C is going to be in a big girl bed! We just need a mattress for the top bunk. Time to start calling around and pricing the cost of a twin mattress. We need to start making room for the stuff we are going to pull out of storage. I hate to use our 3rd bedroom as a storage closet, but it will save us $55/mo. Actually, we are getting rid of so much stuff, I'm hoping we can stuff most of it into bedroom closets. Its hard getting rid of stuff! I have several "memory boxes" and I've decided that whatever I can't fit into my hope chest is going to be thrown out  :cry .

Congratulations Jessicali on being Marchs Queen! :yay

Thank you to everyone who has commented about sending me some squares. I look forward to receiving them! :)

Guess what guys I am a new owner to the tote bag Mary Jo makes. Not sure what number it is but I'm sure you all will know. I am extremely excited and was feel down today and that sure made me excited. It is beautiful!!

post-48736-0-09384400-1393689219_thumb.jpg

No insurance at the time and the freezers just stopped working. Had a freezer guy come look no charge thank goodness and he said it would just be cheaper to get a new one. To many holes that leaks the freon.. So we got rid of them and now will start over. It's defitintly bummed us out but such is life. It will take a while to refill it up. :(

Checking in at my sister's again.

Skoggy your package should be there any time now.

Congrat's to our new queen.

Owlvamp, congrats on receiving one of Mary Jo's tote's.   Wow another one from our little group here.

Yay, Jessicali!

Glad you like them!

I have the pattern written down, I just need to type it up and have it tested.

We had a dusting last night and are expecting 3-6 inches tonight. Way better than the foot that was predicted earlier this week!

Y is sick again, only it sounds like what hubs and I have. Three of the four of us sound terrible! I still feel achy all over but still no fever. 

The plan for this weekend is to put the bunk bed together. C is going to be in a big girl bed! We just need a mattress for the top bunk. Time to start calling around and pricing the cost of a twin mattress. We need to start making room for the stuff we are going to pull out of storage. I hate to use our 3rd bedroom as a storage closet, but it will save us $55/mo. Actually, we are getting rid of so much stuff, I'm hoping we can stuff most of it into bedroom closets. Its hard getting rid of stuff! I have several "memory boxes" and I've decided that whatever I can't fit into my hope chest is going to be thrown out  :cry .

Hugs! When I moved into this condo from a house, I had to purge a lot. I'm now purging again, selling stuff in my etsy shop to destash, but most going to goodwill. I'm sad to let some of it go but.....

Guess what guys I am a new owner to the tote bag Mary Jo makes. Not sure what number it is but I'm sure you all will know. I am extremely excited and was feel down today and that sure made me excited. It is beautiful!!

Wootie Woot Wootington!

No insurance at the time and the freezers just stopped working. Had a freezer guy come look no charge thank goodness and he said it would just be cheaper to get a new one. To many holes that leaks the freon.. So we got rid of them and now will start over. It's defitintly bummed us out but such is life. It will take a while to refill it up. :(

UGH!

Got back from my lunch with my friend, was so good to see her and have a grown up conversation! Now time to nest and do some cleaning and baking, and started the dough for our usual Sat nite pizza. Snow hasn't started here yet.....but it will be soon!

Take care all!

kuddles

Hey All,

Well I checked in this morning, now I'll check in again as I head to bed tonight, lol.  Hoping for a good night's sleep.  I just took some nite time cold medicine, so hoping it will help.  I didn't get any crafting done at all today.  I just didn't feel like it.  About all I did was pick out my colors for my next square.  Does that count? Lol? 

Owlvamp,  Congrats on getting Tampa Dolls newest tote!!!!  Welcome to the club!!!  It is amazing how many from our little group have rec'd one.  Woot!!!

Katie, nice baby blankets!!!  I love the zig zag one!

Take care everyone.  Nighty night....

jessicali I have three blocks made. Just a regular granny square. If you would want them please PM your address please. I love our group and I haven't been able to send blocks but I feel so blessed by you all and I wanted to send some too. I made three so far tonight and hope will get some more made before I mail.

Good morning all!

Couldn't sleep in. I'm doomed to never sleep past 5 am, I swear! This morning, the crew was out plowing the road and the driveways so of course, no sleeping in for me....or kiddles! At least they cleared it early! Looks like about 3 inches....but won't know till we get out today.

I finished the tote last nite. Now I'm going to line it and add handles and once done, I'll post a pic.

Today will be heading to the mall to walk, picking up a few groceries and then back home to do some homework and I hope to finally post some things in my destash shop. Owlvamp, haven't forgotten you want pix of the feed sacks.

Have a great day all! I'll try to check in again before the day is over!

kuddles

Good Morning!

Katyallen, the afghans are very pretty.

Owlvamp, congratulations on becoming a bag lady.

Getting ready to head out to church, this will be the first Sunday since my daughter and her family left so I've decided to start attending the early service again and then I'll teach Sunday school and head home. I made a lot of progress on my sewing projects yesterday and hope to get some more done today, they are things I want to take to my grandkids and daughter when I go to visit at the end of the week. 

Have a great day everyone.

Archived