Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone!!!! I am here, just slow gtting on tonight. lol

Love those totes, soooooo cool, and love the colors too....

Nice eye candy, and that baby girl is adorable...You heard her ladies, pm your addy request going out for addy to cindysweetthings.  for   dragnlady, skoggy, and grannyannie.......the address"s go to  Cindy sweet things!! she's got puffys ready!!! 

its ok owlvamp, I was getting worried though, I knew you had enough on your plate, lol but Im happy to wait for your comments and suggestions and even guidance on my testing pattern... thanks for the update!

everyone else, hello, how are ya, things going better for everyone!! take care all, till the next time we meet!! lol

Oh, forgot to snap pics again today of those two ghans, but will do that tomorrow, it's on my list anyway, lol      take care all!

Just stopping by to say hello! I must have slept wrong last night, because my right shoulder and neck are very, very sore and stiff! I tried to crochet a little bit earlier tonight and it just hurt too much. Advil, heating pad, and IcyHot for tonight!

I'm back. Miss me? LOL

I am thrilled that my blood pressure was not bad.......I'm borderline and today stayed that way. With my family history, high blood pressure is in my future but hope to keep it at bay for a while longer!

Finally down 1.5 pounds this week! Went back to counting points on WW which works best for me.....I'm thrilled! I'm a very slow loser (weight wise) so this much is good!

Okay on to getting ready for work! Have a great day all!

kuddles

Morning, all!

Today's Real Feel high will be -4. Brr! When does this end???

I feel super anxious. We haven't received the official offer to hire yet. I'm waiting until then to tell my mom in the off chance it doesn't happen. But, there is so much to do and plan, my head is spinning. It would be nice to have her help and ideas. Then again, I'm dreading World War III. Who knows, maybe she'll surprise me. Maybe prefacing it with "W got a job! He'll make $27/hr starting, plus all the overtime he wants, full benefits, and is very secure. You won't have to worry about us again" will help? Then drop the "where" bomb. I feel like a teenager.....

And I worry about this baby. My younger daughter was only 5 lbs 4 oz when she was born, full term. She had a hard time that first year and it was rough. I'm worried about it happening again. I'm 28 weeks now and just barely made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I lost 8 lbs in the beginning). I'm not gaining like I should. Another thing is, that I don't feel any kind of connection to the baby. I only worry about the baby out of concern for the well being of another human, not as my beloved child. I know I was disconnected with my younger dd too, and that I bonded at birth, I just worry that with all that's going on, and W leaving us so soon after birth, that I will have a really hard time with bonding and that I'll have PPD.

On a positive note, we finally picked names. Eileen, if its a girl, and Desmond, if its a boy.

Okay, enough about me. I'm off to eat some breakfast and to get some yarn therapy. Since I didn't get addresses in time for my PO run yesterday, I have time to stuff a few more squares into a certain someone's package. I will have a chance to go tomorrow between job assignments.

Morning, all!

I feel super anxious. We haven't received the official offer to hire yet. I'm waiting until then to tell my mom in the off chance it doesn't happen. But, there is so much to do and plan, my head is spinning. It would be nice to have her help and ideas. Then again, I'm dreading World War III. Who knows, maybe she'll surprise me. Maybe prefacing it with "W got a job! He'll make $27/hr starting, plus all the overtime he wants, full benefits, and is very secure. You won't have to worry about us again" will help? Then drop the "where" bomb. I feel like a teenager.....

And I worry about this baby. My younger daughter was only 5 lbs 4 oz when she was born, full term. She had a hard time that first year and it was rough. I'm worried about it happening again. I'm 28 weeks now and just barely made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I lost 8 lbs in the beginning). I'm not gaining like I should. Another thing is, that I don't feel any kind of connection to the baby. I only worry about the baby out of concern for the well being of another human, not as my beloved child. I know I was disconnected with my younger dd too, and that I bonded at birth, I just worry that with all that's going on, and W leaving us so soon after birth, that I will have a really hard time with bonding and that I'll have PPD.

On a positive note, we finally picked names. Eileen, if its a girl, and Desmond, if its a boy.

Okay, enough about me. I'm off to eat some breakfast and to get some yarn therapy. Since I didn't get addresses in time for my PO run yesterday, I have time to stuff a few more squares into a certain someone's package. I will have a chance to go tomorrow between job assignments.

Morning, all!

((I understand how you feel. It was easier for me when my parents moved. Dang have your husband get my hubby a job for $27 a hour and I'll move to. LOL that's really good. ))

((Oh my. Just keep talking to your baby and all will be well. Sing to him/her and just try to keep bonding.you are going through a lot and the moving isn't easy. But you will do just fine. You actually will be a few hours away from where I live. I love going to the zoo in Norfolk and to the beach. Haven't been in a while.))

((Love the names!))

It's okay you needed to get it off your chest and we are here to listen to you. So vent away and it also will make you feel better.

Good morning ladies!

kuddles you are funny. Yes, we miss you! LOL

Glad that the test came out to where you were happy and congrats on losing the pound and half. I'm working on it to. I'm doing good and have a little ways to go. I'm so excited. I fit clothes I haven't wore for seventeen years. I got rid of four huge black trash bags that I never want to get to that size again. So off they went.

owlvamp--They will be hiring soon :D . They have 40-something billets to fill. He just got in before they opened the jobs publicly because he worked there before and they liked him. He is considered a reinstatement. I've never been to the Norfolk Zoo, despite having lived there for 6 years. Now that I'm going back with kids, I probably will visit. I have been to the beach. I love how warm the water is! In CA, the water is really cold. Thanks for the name love! And kudos for getting rid of 4 trash bags of big clothes! I have one box of smaller clothes and I'm getting rid of them for the move. I need to save space where I can. Bummer.

Hi Everyone!!!  Sorry to be MIA for a few days, but SIL was visiting and then I needed a couple of days to recoup, lol.  It was really nice seeing her.  It had been about a year or so since she had been down this way and the time always flies when she's here.  I think I mentioned that she wanted me to teach her her to make hair for her dolls.  Well, it really wasn't hair that she wanted, it was a cap that could either be used as hair or you can attach the hair to.  The dolls she is sewing are really cute.  We had fun trying to teach her to crochet!  She did really well especially considering the yarn she was using.  It was some sort of wool/mohair blend I think.  Very thin and fuzzy!  VERY hard to work with.  but she did it and we got the caps made.  Well hubby is calling me.  I'll be back later! 

owlvamp--They will be hiring soon :D . They have 40-something billets to fill. He just got in before they opened the jobs publicly because he worked there before and they liked him. He is considered a reinstatement. I've never been to the Norfolk Zoo, despite having lived there for 6 years. Now that I'm going back with kids, I probably will visit. I have been to the beach. I love how warm the water is! In CA, the water is really cold. Thanks for the name love! And kudos for getting rid of 4 trash bags of big clothes! I have one box of smaller clothes and I'm getting rid of them for the move. I need to save space where I can. Bummer.

there is also The Childrens Museum of Portsmouth downtown High St.

we went there when our nieces came to visit yrs ago,it was really nice,probably even nicer now with the renovation they had about a yr ago

Those bags are absolutely beautiful!! I'm just getting all my morning chores done, so I'm going to bring out some yarn & a hook & work on some more squares! Hopefully I can get quite a few done!! My oldest DS has requested an afghan, so I think I'll do one out of squares. 

there is also The Childrens Museum of Portsmouth downtown High St.

we went there when our nieces came to visit yrs ago,it was really nice,probably even nicer now with the renovation they had about a yr ago

Good to know! My older daughter LOVES the Family Museum here. If the Children's Museum there is anything like this one here, I'm sure my girls will like it too.

OKay, my packages are all labeled and sealed up for the trip to the PO tomorrow. Yay! Sorry its taken so long to get squares out.

Katy I sent you an e-mail. Let me know what you think. I tried to be productive today. Wasn't feeling grand so I got caught up on a lot of stuff from bed. LOL

ok sandra, will check mail momentarily!!!

Just stopping by to say hello! I must have slept wrong last night, because my right shoulder and neck are very, very sore and stiff! I tried to crochet a little bit earlier tonight and it just hurt too much. Advil, heating pad, and IcyHot for tonight!

hI YA MANDY!! Poor baby!!

I'm back. Miss me? LOL

I am thrilled that my blood pressure was not bad.......I'm borderline and today stayed that way. With my family history, high blood pressure is in my future but hope to keep it at bay for a while longer!

Finally down 1.5 pounds this week! Went back to counting points on WW which works best for me.....I'm thrilled! I'm a very slow loser (weight wise) so this much is good!

Okay on to getting ready for work! Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good news!!

Morning, all!

You're amazing, don't worry, things will work out!!!!!

Katy I sent you an e-mail. Let me know what you think. I tried to be productive today. Wasn't feeling grand so I got caught up on a lot of stuff from bed. LOL

Ok, on my way now, you have me curious!

Oh, and finally posted those two Project Linus blankees, here's that link..

ok sandra, will check mail momentarily!!!

hI YA MANDY!! Poor baby!!

Good news!!

You're amazing, don't worry, things will work out!!!!!

Ok, on my way now, you have me curious!

Oh, and finally posted those two Project Linus blankees, here's that link..

I love them!  I hope that means that your crojo is back :)

I feel sick to my stomach. I listed a bunch of books on eBay for some extra cash. 2 of my books went for a decent price and to the same buyer. It was weird though because the books were text books and in no way related. Their username and street address were interesting, so I googled them. Now I'm scared. They have a REALLY BAD reputation! They scam people all the time. They lie and say that they received the wrong item, or the item was not as described, or the package was damaged and the item lost in shipping. Then they turn around and resell the books using a different account. My package is nicely packed and sealed up with the label on it, all ready to go. I have to ship it. They paid for it. I don't know what to do to protect myself.

I just finished up writing a pattern for a wash cloth of my own.its very simple and believe anyone could do it. If we make our own pattern or write it where do we go from there? I made two wash clothes to make sure the bugs are worked out of it and will make a couple more tomorrow ... You can use the same pattern for a hand towel will try that tomorrow too.

Good night you all.

Morning, all!

I believe it is normal to worry during pregnancy......you have so much going on. Give yourself a mental break! And cute names!

Good morning ladies!

kuddles you are funny. Yes, we miss you! LOL

Glad that the test came out to where you were happy and congrats on losing the pound and half. I'm working on it to. I'm doing good and have a little ways to go. I'm so excited. I fit clothes I haven't wore for seventeen years. I got rid of four huge black trash bags that I never want to get to that size again. So off they went.

Thanks honey! And congrats on YOUR weight loss journey!

Hi Everyone!!!  Sorry to be MIA for a few days, but SIL was visiting and then I needed a couple of days to recoup, lol.  It was really nice seeing her.  It had been about a year or so since she had been down this way and the time always flies when she's here.  I think I mentioned that she wanted me to teach her her to make hair for her dolls.  Well, it really wasn't hair that she wanted, it was a cap that could either be used as hair or you can attach the hair to.  The dolls she is sewing are really cute.  We had fun trying to teach her to crochet!  She did really well especially considering the yarn she was using.  It was some sort of wool/mohair blend I think.  Very thin and fuzzy!  VERY hard to work with.  but she did it and we got the caps made.  Well hubby is calling me.  I'll be back later! 

Hi!! Missed ya! Glad the visit went well!

Those bags are absolutely beautiful!! I'm just getting all my morning chores done, so I'm going to bring out some yarn & a hook & work on some more squares! Hopefully I can get quite a few done!! My oldest DS has requested an afghan, so I think I'll do one out of squares. 

Howdy!

I feel sick to my stomach. I listed a bunch of books on eBay for some extra cash. 2 of my books went for a decent price and to the same buyer. It was weird though because the books were text books and in no way related. Their username and street address were interesting, so I googled them. Now I'm scared. They have a REALLY BAD reputation! They scam people all the time. They lie and say that they received the wrong item, or the item was not as described, or the package was damaged and the item lost in shipping. Then they turn around and resell the books using a different account. My package is nicely packed and sealed up with the label on it, all ready to go. I have to ship it. They paid for it. I don't know what to do to protect myself.

Ugh.......nothing you can do since they paid, yes? Hopefully all will go well but if not, you can contact ebay to complain I guess.......what is wrong with some people!!??

Hi Katy girl!!!!!!!!

Bracing for the frigid temps again! Only up to about 8 today. Next two overnites will be in the minus zeros.....ugh! Then snow on the weekend! Winter, I cry UNCLE!

Have a good day Squares!

kuddles

good Morning

we are starting a wintry  mix here this morning,it is so grey and dull looking out the front window

make it a great day everyone,and pass along a smile,someone may need it,more than you know.

Hi Guys! Another quick check in.  Things are a bit unsettled around here.  Found out yesterday that we don't know if we'll have health ins as of 3/1.  Hubby's employer has not been communicating with him at all. very frustrating.  We're trying to figure out what to do since I'm supposed to have my port access changed weekly, not to mention my hydration/potassium supplies I need weekly,  We won't even get into all the other stuff I need.Then there's hubby...AHH!  Calgon take me away! Lol! (am I showing my age, lol).  Enough of my troubles. I'm thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers.  Hoping that you are all well and moves go well, jobs happen, courage is there when we need it, and babies are born healthy!  I have the queen's squares ready, but I need her addy, so Katie or Skoggy if you read this and I forget to PM you will you please send me your address?  Thank you.  Hugs all around.  I'll try to stop back later, if not I'll pop in tmorrow.  Be well, be safe, be strong!  :hug  :hug  :hug

Archived