Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Cody is adorable!!! I'm called Nana too, it was my daughters decision, I was fine with either.

I hope all of you are staying warm, it looks nasty on the news.

The usual day for me, work and a couple of errands. then home to hopefully put the finishing touches on the dinosaur, I ran out of Polyfil yesterday, that's one of today's errands. The machine sewing is done on the baby dress too, just needs a little hand finishing and then the smocking.

Enjoy your day everyone!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning to all!

Cody is a doll! Nana looks very happy! Woot!

Warmer temps here yesterday and today so now flooding concerns.......will this winter ever end? Cold snap returns on the weekend.....

Just another work/school day for kiddles and I!

Take care!

kuddles

Good Morning All!  It's hubby's birthday today, so I'm trying to be up and stay awake.  It's a struggle, lol.  I slept yesterday from 2:30pm until 5:00am today!  What the heck is wrong with me?  Oh yeah, I have lupus among other things, lol.  Oh well, one day at a time and things will get better, right?  They have to, lol.  We were expecting rain today after our 8 inches of snow yesterday, but they've changed the forecast and now they say we're going to get more snow!  AGH!!!!!!!!!!!  Hoping and praying for good weather tomorrow for SIL to travel down from Maine. It's about a 5 hour trip so keeping our fingers crossed.    Think I'll go make a cup of coffee and see if that helps me stay awake, lol.  Get my hooks warmed up too and maybe I'll work on that baby blanket that's been sitting around calling to me to finish for months, lol.  Have a great day ladies.  Chin up, springs coming!  At least that's what Walmart says, they have all the Easter candy on sale, lol!  :lol  :rabbit

Howdy all! Was a roller coaster ride home for sure.....took one hour instead of my usual 15 minutes! It was a wheel gribber for sure! And they had not plowed the complex yet so I almost didn't get in my driveway and it took several back and forths to get in the garage! Yikes! All cleared now but slick. Can't remember the last winter like this!

Another typical day, and kiddles is back to school today. She needs to be! She is much better with structure!

Take care all!

kuddles

Scarry stuff!  Glad you made it home safe and sound though.  I'll be so glad when this winter is over!

Cody in the first picture and then Cody and Nana ... That's what they call me. I feel I'm to young to be called grandma . LOL

I love making wash clothes too. All month that's what I have been making. Plus making hand towels too. I really like them.

Ooohhh, he's a doll!  Pretty Nana too! My grands call me Grammy, their other grandmothers are Nana's.  It doesn't bother me at all.  My mother never wanted to be called grandma or the such, she was called MiMi.  

Cody is adorable!!! I'm called Nana too, it was my daughters decision, I was fine with either.
I hope all of you are staying warm, it looks nasty on the news.
The usual day for me, work and a couple of errands. then home to hopefully put the finishing touches on the dinosaur, I ran out of Polyfil yesterday, that's one of today's errands. The machine sewing is done on the baby dress too, just needs a little hand finishing and then the smocking.
Enjoy your day everyone!

Looking forward to seeing your finished projects, they are always so nice!

well,while I'm not able to crochet,I sure am getting a lot of books read,has anyone read Jodi Thomas harmony series?

its a quiet day so far

Nope, haven't heard of her.  Any good?

Cody is so cute! My mom doesn't want to be called "Grandma", either. Instead, she wants to be called "Mimi" (pronounced "me-me").

As I said above, my mom was called MiMi too, lol.  She thought it sounded younger.  Me, ehh, I don't care, I just love being a grandmother!

Good morning to all!

Cody is a doll! Nana looks very happy! Woot!

Warmer temps here yesterday and today so now flooding concerns.......will this winter ever end? Cold snap returns on the weekend.....

Just another work/school day for kiddles and I!

Take care!

kuddles

(((hugs)))

Morning all!! How are all of you this fine sunshiney morning!! Looks to be the starting block of another great day here, with highs of 60, maybe more!! I think Mother Nature met it's match with us in Nebraska, we just don't want to further tolerate any more cold and snow, period!!

I did almost force myself to make a project linus ghan, just hoping that would give me something to do with my hooks, and it turned out nice, Ill snap it sometime today for you all, i haven't done a reg. ripple blankee in a long time, didn't plan it, just started with hook, and yarn, and let my fingers lead the way, lol

I might still add a border of sorts to the edges, i haven't decided quite yet, and Project Linus drop off, is only a couple miles away, so that is handy, it's in a quilting shop, and the ladies there, are sooooo appreciative of donations for their Project LInus box, not snobbish, or anything, that it doesn't fit in with the quiltish feel of the shop, i love looking at those quilts, gorgeous, and they love the crochet pieces..

Delivering it may spur me on to do more,  I have done many for them, but not recently....

Well, gotta get something in the stomach, toast and juice maybe, or I do have some instant oatmeal, yeah, that's it, strawberries and cream!! You all take care till later........

shhhhhhh its so quiet here today, I thought wow, did I jump into the "Library" thread or something, lol! :eek

Weather is changing as we speak, but not gonna be much to worry about, just not 60 tomorrow, darn itl

Had some smaller balls and partials I wanted to get out of the way, so made some 5 inch solid color squares today, then trimmed them with off white, and will make a lapghan or baby blankee or something, as I go along, and make more. No specific colors, any and all, should make for quite the mix match afghan or lapghan, when completed....and it's easy to do a few squares here, some there, lol so will keep me going for a while, Im sure... :shrug

oh, and never got around to edging the ghan i made for Project Linus yet either, bad me, lol My idea was to use jiffy yarn, or homespun around it, for a change, at least Ill try it first with one side,. but my homespun bin is under that heavy other bin, with extra skiens of colors i run out of quickly.....sigh, just not ambitious enough to get that down by myself, it's one of the really big deep, long bins, the size of two of the other type bins put together...lol sooo will wait till i get some help with that. I can get it down probably, but need help getting it back up on the top shelf .. :help

I hope all is well with all of you, and that you are taking the evening to relax, and recoop, and crochet, lol How are we all doing on our Queen's squares, anyone else send any yet? It took my puffy about a full week to reach Emma, just so you know......

(i think because customs had to check out the animal crackers, lol) :clap

Been busy writing my end thesis before my next module starts at the beginning of April. Want to give myself a decent gap in between finishing off this one and starting the next. :)

Thanks for all your kind words after my last outburst. I'm trying to put some things in motion and need to figure out where I am going and what I'm doing.

Crochet-wise, I've been working on a couple of commissions. I have a page on FB called A Tad Quirky Crochet... which sums me up pretty well to be honest :P

Owlvamp, Cody looks so cute! My Mom doesn't want to be called Grandma for the same reasons. So she is called Nannie. Luckily we have abundance of words for grandparents being that my little family are half Swedish. In Sweden, they use 4 different names, depending on which grandparent it is. E.g. My Dad is called "Morfar" ("Mor" being a term for Mother and "Far" being a term for Father). So that translates as Mother's Father. Same as "Farfar" is Father's Father. Being my Mom and Dad are divorced, we needed 3 sets so we have the 4 Swedish names and then my Mom and Stepdad are Nannie and Grandad.

Good morning! Yup, yesterday was quiet on here but life gets in our way, doesn't it!

Waking up to thunderstorms and heavy rain! Chicagoland is under flood watches everywhere! Glad I'm in an upper condo! But still gotta get kiddles and I to school/work so that should be fun! NOT!

I decided to get away from squares for a while......lost my crochet mojo so I started (barely) a tote last nite......it's double strand so will be sturdy. Made some before ........hope it brings me back to crochet life!

Take care all!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

Update on mom and baby . They are both home and doing well.

Hubby's eye appointment went well. Pressure is down and he can see half out of it. So which means the gas is releasing. He goes back in another month that's when the gas bubble should be all gone . My appointment well went good . He says it's just a tad swollen but as long as I take it slowly and keep resting it will be just fine.

Good Morning All!  Well it's a beautiful sunshiny morning, but wait for it.....yes, we are expecting more snow tonight!!!! AGH!  I can't take it any more!  At least it should wait until SIL arrives.  Hopefully she has gotten an early start. I need to get my butt in gear and try to do a little cleaning up around here.  Luckily hubby has been going things and SIL understands that I can't get around like I used to.  Have I told you the latest request from my 7 yr old gd?  She wants me to make her a bag with a skull on it!  :blinkApparently the big thing is Monster High dolls?  I am so out of it, lol.  Of course never having had girls and living so far away from the grandkids doesn't help.  So I am searching out skull and crossbones patterns and then will put them on a bag that I whip up, lol.  Hope she likes it.    :skeleton

shhhhhhh its so quiet here today, I thought wow, did I jump into the "Library" thread or something, lol! :eek

Weather is changing as we speak, but not gonna be much to worry about, just not 60 tomorrow, darn itl

Had some smaller balls and partials I wanted to get out of the way, so made some 5 inch solid color squares today, then trimmed them with off white, and will make a lapghan or baby blankee or something, as I go along, and make more. No specific colors, any and all, should make for quite the mix match afghan or lapghan, when completed....and it's easy to do a few squares here, some there, lol so will keep me going for a while, Im sure... :shrug

oh, and never got around to edging the ghan i made for Project Linus yet either, bad me, lol My idea was to use jiffy yarn, or homespun around it, for a change, at least Ill try it first with one side,. but my homespun bin is under that heavy other bin, with extra skiens of colors i run out of quickly.....sigh, just not ambitious enough to get that down by myself, it's one of the really big deep, long bins, the size of two of the other type bins put together...lol sooo will wait till i get some help with that. I can get it down probably, but need help getting it back up on the top shelf .. :help

I hope all is well with all of you, and that you are taking the evening to relax, and recoop, and crochet, lol How are we all doing on our Queen's squares, anyone else send any yet? It took my puffy about a full week to reach Emma, just so you know......

(i think because customs had to check out the animal crackers, lol) :clap

Great idea about making blankies for Project Linus.  I think our closest drop off is an hour away.  Still, it would be good to make for when I have a chance to drop them off.  Looking forward to seeing your pics!!!  I have our queen's squares finished, just haven't had a chance to mail them yet.  Hopefully will get to the PO Monday.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello!  :waving

P.S. This is my 700th post on Crochetville :D

Howdy!  Congrats on the post!!!

Been busy writing my end thesis before my next module starts at the beginning of April. Want to give myself a decent gap in between finishing off this one and starting the next. :)

Thanks for all your kind words after my last outburst. I'm trying to put some things in motion and need to figure out where I am going and what I'm doing.

Crochet-wise, I've been working on a couple of commissions. I have a page on FB called A Tad Quirky Crochet... which sums me up pretty well to be honest :P

Owlvamp, Cody looks so cute! My Mom doesn't want to be called Grandma for the same reasons. So she is called Nannie. Luckily we have abundance of words for grandparents being that my little family are half Swedish. In Sweden, they use 4 different names, depending on which grandparent it is. E.g. My Dad is called "Morfar" ("Mor" being a term for Mother and "Far" being a term for Father). So that translates as Mother's Father. Same as "Farfar" is Father's Father. Being my Mom and Dad are divorced, we needed 3 sets so we have the 4 Swedish names and then my Mom and Stepdad are Nannie and Grandad.

Love the name of your FB page.  quirky is good!  It's interesting all the different names we call ourselves around the world.  I had never heard Morfar or Farfar before.

Good morning! Yup, yesterday was quiet on here but life gets in our way, doesn't it!

Waking up to thunderstorms and heavy rain! Chicagoland is under flood watches everywhere! Glad I'm in an upper condo! But still gotta get kiddles and I to school/work so that should be fun! NOT!

I decided to get away from squares for a while......lost my crochet mojo so I started (barely) a tote last nite......it's double strand so will be sturdy. Made some before ........hope it brings me back to crochet life!

Take care all!

kuddles

Ooohhh, nice!  I haven't made a tote in ages, that's a great idea!  Looking forward to seeing yours.

Good morning ladies!

Update on mom and baby . They are both home and doing well.

Hubby's eye appointment went well. Pressure is down and he can see half out of it. So which means the gas is releasing. He goes back in another month that's when the gas bubble should be all gone . My appointment well went good . He says it's just a tad swollen but as long as I take it slowly and keep resting it will be just fine.

Yay, mom and baby are home!!!!  Glad that both drs appts went well too!!!!  good day!!!

Hi gals! Just the 4 of us posted today? Well, people get busy......we'll hear from them soon!

Rain here, lots of snow has melted and now it is completely foggy! Yikes!

Take care all!

kuddles

I counted 6,two early birds posted before you,you are right,it sure has been so few posts,ah life happens,guess we don't need to send out the hounds just yet to find them

Hi all..

Good to hear from those of you that posted before me here, lol, Ill just say hi to ALL above and or in between my last post, and this one, lol

We got snow too, but all melted this afternoon, snow this time of year, usually doesn't last the day anyway.. but it sure ws pretty coming down, all fluggy and white!!

Turned into one of those days that you wanna make sure you have plenty of windshield wiper fluid if you plan on going anywhere, lol..

Im still doing some smaller squares, and using up some small balls and partials on it, and that should keep me in hook for a while, lol.....Small project, doing a square, big project in the end, I can do that, lols

The fun is not so much in the destination, the fun is in the journey! right! 

Hi!

Pineknott--I got the apartment guide. Thank you!

We had thunderstorms last night and today. The pouring rain and melting snow was too much for the frozen ground and gutters. The entire front of my apartment flooded! Now all that furniture, and all the girls' toys, are in the back half of the apartment. There are 3 heavy duty fans and an industrial-strength dehumidifier in here. Its crowded and crazy, but at least nothing was damaged, as far as we can tell now. On the bright side, I needed to go through all that stuff anyway to downsize for the move. This just forced my hand early!

Now the wind is blowing something fierce, threatening to cut out the electricity. Oh, joy! And, I have a prenatal appt in the morning. I hope Squirt is doing alright in there. I'll start my 3rd trimester on Sat. Woot!

Hi!

We had thunderstorms last night and today. The pouring rain and melting snow was too much for the frozen ground and gutters. The entire front of my apartment flooded! Now all that furniture, and all the girls' toys, are in the back half of the apartment. There are 3 heavy duty fans and an industrial-strength dehumidifier in here. Its crowded and crazy, but at least nothing was damaged, as far as we can tell now. On the bright side, I needed to go through all that stuff anyway to downsize for the move. This just forced my hand early!

Now the wind is blowing something fierce, threatening to cut out the electricity. Oh, joy! And, I have a prenatal appt in the morning. I hope Squirt is doing alright in there. I'll start my 3rd trimester on Sat. Woot!

glad to hear you received it,sorry for the mess you are going through

I counted 6,two early birds posted before you,you are right,it sure has been so few posts,ah life happens,guess we don't need to send out the hounds just yet to find them

LOL I better go back to school and learn to count!

Hi!

and we are right behind you! The wind last nite was fierce! This morning, dusting of snow and my co worker and I have to drive an hour north for a mtg today.....they are talking black ice so not a happy girl!

Everyone take care today!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Cindy, sorry to hear about the mess, I hope everything dries out quickly.

It looks like I will be spending tonight and tomorrow loading and unloading a uhaul truck. My daughter and son-in-law got word last night that their rental application was approved, they have to go the hoa today but everything should be fine. The condo they're renting sounds really nice. But first I have to get through the work day and I'm not very focused today, wish me luck. 

Have a great day everyone!

Check up went well. Baby is measuring on track and I passed my glucose test. Yay! Now I start going every 2 weeks.

The carpet feels dry in most places. Its still wet by the door. That is were it was the worst, so that's probably why. I hope that when the carpet guy comes, he gives us the okay for the toy room and the storage closet.

Archived