Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thank you so much for the lovely squares I received this morning, Cindy! 4x4" and 3x8" :) They are all fantastic! I love the use of bullion stitches! You brightened up a somewhat miserable day. :hug :hug :hug
Pic to follow.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hubby is doing quite well. Seeing better all the time.

It's sleeting here . I'm so tired of winter and so ready for spring, summer. Sleet sleet go away come back another century!

My car is good to go! Hooray! I can drive to see my grandkids and daughter and son-in-law after work tomorrow! Yes I am a little excited. My daughter already had plan B if I couldn't drive, she and her hubby were going to come get me tomorrow and then my other daughter and her hubby will be up on Sunday so I would come back with them. But my friend the mechanic scanned it and said it was the evap system(I think that's what he called it), he tightened the gas cap, the light went off and he told me to have a good trip.

I don't remember when I joined this thread but it was before Katie took over.

Ok, I need something to eat and then some stitching time.

Katy, I did a little researach.   April 3 ,2010 TurtleLvr started out by saying she would like to make a friendshipghan and pointed out that many were requesting squares on their wish lists and was wanting to know if there was any interest in a CAL.  I responded on April 6, 2010 and told her that just the week before I had gone through the wish lists (back then there were many pages of wish lists to go through) noting those that were requesting squares and  was wishing there was a separate thread for friendship square requests.  pineknott joined in April 7 2010 so we have been here since the beginning. 

wow... I remember some of the names that were here when i took over, and there are quite a few of you...

I dont know how to find out when i JOINED the thread that trtlrlover started, how did you find that info.Look me up, lol..........

Okay, you said it, do you feel better? Hope so!

Yes Yes I do lol.  Feel like I am gonna pull my hair out. Oh the joys of raising a stubborn teenage daughter..............

How is everyone? you are all in my prayers

I have been a member since Feb 2013 and I joined this thread right about the same time

This is one of the first sets I did, if not the first. I don't quite remember how big these are; only about four inches I'd guess, and I totally don't remember who I made them for! I remember packing everything up at the post office, but not who I sent them to.  :)

post-62070-0-19145500-1394157899_thumb.jpg

Katy, I did a little researach.   April 3 ,2010 TurtleLvr started out by saying she would like to make a friendshipghan and pointed out that many were requesting squares on their wish lists and was wanting to know if there was any interest in a CAL.  I responded on April 6, 2010 and told her that just the week before I had gone through the wish lists (back then there were many pages of wish lists to go through) noting those that were requesting squares and  was wishing there was a separate thread for friendship square requests.  pineknott joined in April 7 2010 so we have been here since the beginning. 

really,that long ago??we've seen a lot of people come and go,from way back I remember someone by the name of KimGoodie

Hi squares!!!

OK, after about 300 pages of looking through the old archived thread, i found my first post in the old thead....

First of all, I joined the ville in July, 2010

I joined the old granny square thread in June 2011

I took over the thread then, in May 2012................that is interesting, I think we should all be proud of the time we have spent here, either with old friends, or new ones!

I remember the names, and my postage book from 2011 on, reflects all those I mailed to, wow, and to think most of them are not here anymore.......Some of you are still members, from way back then, some of you are new, and still we are squaring!!

This is one of the first sets I did, if not the first. I don't quite remember how big these are; only about four inches I'd guess, and I totally don't remember who I made them for! I remember packing everything up at the post office, but not who I sent them to.  :)

wow, isn't that amazing!!  I love old eye candy as much as new!!

Good Morning!

I might have to go find the other thread and see when I joined.

Vikingrunnergirl, those are very pretty squares.

dragnlady5, I remember those teenage years with my girls and they can be frustrating at times but it is so wonderful once they get through them.

It's a work day for me which will hopefully go by quickly so I can get on with my weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

Good morning!

I was late to the party and didn't join this thread right away even though Turtlver was my cyber BFF (and still is, we 'talk' multiple times per week). She finally said, hey, join the thread so I did but don't recall when. I feel blessed that I joined the ville and have made such good friends! Life long friends.....

TGIF! Even though I was off Monday (well not really when you are a parent, right?) it felt like a long week. Up to 40 today! I am ready! Then breakfast tomorrow with kiddle's godfather whom we haven't seen since last summer and then just doing the normal errands and house cleaning. She has been doing the ISATs all week, hates them, and she needs a break from them!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone! Wow, thanks for the link, cshort.  What a walk down memory lane....After some urging from Sopo and Turtlvr I joined on July 5, 2011.  I sure do miss hearing Sue talk about her turtles and their friends.  Kuddles, please tell her I said "hello!"

Well, I had multi-quoted several of you, but they disappeared, and my memory id kaputz today, so I appoligize.  I believe that I saw some pretty squares, was going to send some hugs, and someone asked about hubby....he's having a very rough time....I can't talk about it.  Thank you for asking though. 

Oh, yes, Katie, I have the queen's squares ready! LOL, now I just need to find a way to be able to mail them.  I'm hoping the puffy fairy will leave me some money under my pillow, lol!  

Have a wonderful day everyone.   :hug

Gorgeous

Ho is everyone? been busy busy busy. errand and shoppin. Heading out in a few minutes for work but wanted to pop in and say hey

So many have come and gone but a few find their way back here when life settles back down.  Kuddles I remember Sue talking you into joining us.  I miss her and wish she would come back someday.  The 'ville in general just seems quiet without her. 

jessicali, your squares were mailed this morning and are estimated to be delivered on Sat.  They didn't really have far to go.  Just a few miles up I-70. 

hello squares.

Well, chill in the air, and wind is carrying it about all day, making things go bump and rattle!! saturday, is going to be our good 60 plus day, and the week after that, looks good too! Or was that sunday, I forget. lol

I had a lot of pages i went through before finding when I joined but i found it, you will too, patience is the key, lol

So sorry hubby is not doing well ann, and we all wish you both good luck in your health issues....

Not much else to gab on about, thinking about what to do after everyone on the thread has been a biggest square, maybe we will do birthday months biggest squares!   If we have three bdays for instance in Sept. we have three biggest square to send squares too!! Whatcha all think??? lemme know if you come up with any other ideas, I forget who it was that suggested birthday squares, so sorry....lol

I think Birthday squares sound great. An idea on it. let us know in Jan. whose Bdays are in Feb so we have time to make the squares they have asked for. Scince we may be sending to more then one person.

Or just make one main list of whose b days are when and we can refer to it. so if we want to make them ahead of time.

Howdy! Woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. Snuck up and didn't disturb Kiddles so get some alone time. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..

We are meeting her godfather for breakfast, haven't seen him since summer!

Yes the ville is a lonely place without Sue (turtlvr). I feel so blessed to have her in my life......we are so close but have never met! I'll tell her you guys said hi and you miss her!

Time to refill my cuppa.......later!

kuddles

Grannyannie, thank you so much for the squares and additions I received today! 3 8" and 3 4".

Lovely lovely lady. You deserve so many :hug for your lovely package. :hug :hug

Wow! Quiet today! Thought I'd check back in to see tons of posts! Everyone is busy!

Just fyi, if you have an interest or know someone who does.....I just posted several pieces of Hello Kitty fabric and some dupioni silk to my etsy destash shop.......

Been cleaning, and just dealing with a 9 year old who one minute acts like she is 3 and the next, like she thinks she is 16!

Later!

kuddles

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a good Saturday and well as today ..

We went over to supper at daughters and I got to see and hold my little man. The boys just love him!

I couldn't be stingy and shared him.

Taking the boys back today and will help oldest clean his room. They switched the boys room and threw all the oldest stuff in the room and he is expected to get it done. It will never happen for he doesn't focus enough to get anything that big done. Will get rid of the clothes to small and put the rest away. He has ADHD and he does try but gets over whelmed ..

So will try to check in tonight.

Hope all are doing well and everyone feeling fine.

Good morning Quiet Squares!

Today kiddles has a friend coming over for the afternoon to play. Which means I get some time to do what I want since they will be in her room! Yippee!

Not sure what I'll do with that time........oh the possibilities! Maybe I'll sew!

Oh and I finished up a cute hat I was trying. Since I crochet loose, it fit kiddles so I'll post a pic when I can!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Archived