Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Howdy gals! Great eye candy and sounds like lots of squares going out! Woot!

I was able to line my tote this afternoon! Here is a pic of the outside and one of the inside showing the lovely batik I used to line it with and the other batik I used for the pockets. It is large! Webbing for the straps for strength. Was doubled, black and the RH blacklight. I LOVE it! Going start using it tomorrow with my 'stuff' I drag to work.....

I also posted some fabric in my destash shop, listed 3 things on amazon and a few on listia. I was on fire! Now let's see if anything moves!

Take care all!

kuddles

post-17419-0-29183500-1393888005_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-66654100-1393888013_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

Dragnlady, those are very pretty squares.

You all are making me cold just thinking about the temps and snow you are having. I have been in south Florida for so long that I don't tolerate the cold well at all.

I have a sewing guild meeting tonight, which is always fun. But not much else is going on. Talk to you all tomorrow.

ah you are welcome linda!!

katy,

thanks,I received the squares

Ohh cool, glad they arrived, too bad but only the box was Omaha steaks, lol the contents were eaten he he he, I had a hundred of those boxes, each containing 2 steaks, or two chops, or something, but you know, did't think I would ever need them, or use them, so i threw most of the out, but  you got the last, lol

KatyAllen - I received 8 gorgeous squares in the mail from you today!! I will post pictures once I get them off my phone to my computer :) Thank you so much!! ((Btw - My husband got excited because he thought we got something from Omaha Steaks lol)

as I was saying before I hit enter prematurely,,,,,,,,, We usually always get a couple "packages" of OMaha Steaks assortment around Christmas from friends, and or relatives, and we just finished up the last box, a week or two ago too, lol

NICE EYE CANDY, boy those squares are lovely!!! and you are certainly welcome oh Queenie Jessicali, and pineknott!!

nice to see ya immafreak, and dragnlady5, good to see you positng again too!!!     hello to all else, and have a good evening, I may be back.......

That bag is beautiful kuddles!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have some eye candy for you

First is from Mandy Mae. I love the peach some of you have used in squares. gonna have to find me some, Thank you so much

55CB9DD9-orig.jpg

Sweet Cindys is next I love love love purples. Thanks bunches (get it purple, grapes, bunches)

4077D3B7-orig.jpg

I love your squares!!!!  :manyheart  They're beautiful!

I was able to line my tote this afternoon! Here is a pic of the outside and one of the inside showing the lovely batik I used to line it with and the other batik I used for the pockets. It is large! Webbing for the straps for strength. Was doubled, black and the RH blacklight. I LOVE it! Going start using it tomorrow with my 'stuff' I drag to work.....

I also posted some fabric in my destash shop, listed 3 things on amazon and a few on listia. I was on fire! Now let's see if anything moves!

Take care all!

kuddles

Kuddles, I love that tote! The colors are beautiful! It'll come in so handy! :yes

:woo  :woo  I figured it out!!! Here's a couple pictures from my sister's baby shower and the afghan I made her! Whodathunk there was that little "more options" button?  :irk

post-11765-0-24355400-1393906444_thumb.jpg

My sister's baby blanket. Turns out the bassinet my grandmother gave her was all neutrals and browns so it was a perfect match! 

post-11765-0-66333900-1393906469_thumb.jpg

Close up... pattern was from a baby blanket Leisure Arts booklet from Walmart.

post-11765-0-46872300-1393906507_thumb.jpg

The spread! The banner hanging in the window (you can only see the tips) I had painted anchors on each piece and I did anchor and star confetti on the table. I put our mom's high school graduation picture on the toaster oven so she could kind of be there too.  :)

Kuddles

what a beautiful bag,the blacklight makes it look like tapestry

YarnMonkey

I'm so happy the party went so well,and adding a picture of your mom,was a wonderful touch

well here in Tidewater it has snowed in March,I can remember only one other time,that was in the late 80's and Rene' had tickets to a concert across the river,her dad took her there,ummmmmmmm new driver and all,she wasn't attemping the James River bridge

Hi ladies!   Beautiful eye candy!  Pretty squares, lovely blanket and Kuddles, what a wonderful tote!!!  Had to laugh at the hubby thinking he was getting Omaha steaks, lol!  My hubby would have been excited too, lol. 

Well, I'm still fighting this cold thing, so not getting much done, but I try to pick up my hooks for at least a few stitches every day.  I don't get far, but at least it's something.  I've managed to get one square finished for our new queen.  I hope to start her next one today.  Seeing Kuddles tote makes me want to attempt one.  It's been ages since I've made a Stash Buster Tote!  I love those things and they go so quickly. hmmm, maybe...., lol.  Have a great day everyone! (((hugs)))

Good morning!

Today will do something nice for hubby. Today is his birthday!

Also going with daughter to get little mans pictures taken.

No school today. Daughter was taking out the puppies and lost her balance and broke the top window in the screen. Everyone is okay but now need to replace the dang door. About two months ago she broke the bottom part. We have plastic and cardboard there and now will do the same till we get a door . Need to measure it and see if we can find a used one or discounted one. Would love to put a dog door on it.

Take care all!

kuddles

This is beautiful!!

As promised - Here are some squares I have received!! (Would have posted them yesterday, but our internet decided it didn't want to work!!)

The next 2 pictures are from Katyallen! 

post-46820-0-41517200-1393948336_thumb.jpg  post-46820-0-91999400-1393948567_thumb.jpg

And this one is from CindysSweetThings!

post-46820-0-68180300-1393948716_thumb.jpg

I had a Bunny Lovey pattern on my computer that I had won in a giveaway on facebook, so I started that last night.. I got the bunny done & about 1/4 of the way (I think) through the blanket pattern, so I am hoping to finish this today! 

very lovely squares

I will attempt some squares for you soon

,wrist is still healing and smaller hook is not as comfortable as my N hook,but will give it a try maybe next week

I want to go home! We had our monthly company meeting today and I had to do my presentation from our Winter Conference that was last month, because I was sick and missed the conference. And I hadn't gotten all the slides done because of the snow beforehand; we were closed and I couldn't log in. So I spent all this morning finishing up the PowerPoint and feeling sick to my stomach from nervousness, and now it's done, thank gods, but I just want to go home and hide.

And now we're talking about liking the company's Facebook/twitter/linkedin/google+ pages. And I'm just like no. I'll find the linked in page, but I'm not linking Facebook to work. Nope nope nope. I keep a strict work-private life divide there.

Ok rant done. :(

Thanks to all for the tote kudos! My new coworker was admiring it today, guess I know what she'll get for Christmas! LOL

Owlvamp - I used the base pattern from my Tic Tac Tote (April Moreland on ravelry) and then just kept going up. Did two strands of black for a bit, the black with the blacklight, then both black again. Very sturdy!

kuddles

:woo  :woo  I figured it out!!! Here's a couple pictures from my sister's baby shower and the afghan I made her! Whodathunk there was that little "more options" button?  :irk

attachicon.gif2014-02-28 16.48.26.jpg

My sister's baby blanket. Turns out the bassinet my grandmother gave her was all neutrals and browns so it was a perfect match! 

attachicon.gif2014-02-28 16.48.33.jpg

Close up... pattern was from a baby blanket Leisure Arts booklet from Walmart.

attachicon.gif2014-03-01 13.47.48.jpg

The spread! The banner hanging in the window (you can only see the tips) I had painted anchors on each piece and I did anchor and star confetti on the table. I put our mom's high school graduation picture on the toaster oven so she could kind of be there too.  :)

Everything looks wonderful.

As promised - Here are some squares I have received!! (Would have posted them yesterday, but our internet decided it didn't want to work!!)

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG  attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

I had a Bunny Lovey pattern on my computer that I had won in a giveaway on facebook, so I started that last night.. I got the bunny done & about 1/4 of the way (I think) through the blanket pattern, so I am hoping to finish this today! 

Very pretty.

Not much going on here. I got to talk to my grandkids last night, their dad face timed me so we could all see each other while we talked, I think I was more excited than the kids. I can't wait to go see them on Friday, I'll be staying for the weekend. Saturday is my grandson's birthday so we will be celebrating. This is the costume he has been asking for so I made it for his birthday. I don't know why the pictures are sideways or how to fix it, sorry.

post-4459-0-86507200-1393973851_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-05184800-1393974284_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-00223900-1393974493_thumb.jpg

NICE Cshort, you are another wiz at the sewing machine!!!!!!!

HI all, got the truck back today, and umm, lets just say cost more than I expected, but is running well, and 800 bucks later, is on the road again, lol  Course that includes all the parts he got and put in, trying first to trouble shoot, and the last 400 was what the shop charged for diagnosis, and parts,and labor............whew....glad its back, ....was a bit relieved they figured it out however, and glad it's home, sitting next to Ms.Kia in the driveway, I think she missed him, lol

Took some alka seltzer a while ago, so don't know if I will stay awake too much longer, Im congested, so thought that would help,but it always makes me sleepy.....

Your'e very welcome Miss Jessica5966!!

look what I got! Thank you Katie!

attachicon.gifGsq1.jpgattachicon.gifgsq2.jpg

attachicon.gifgsq3.jpgattachicon.gifgsq4.jpg

attachicon.gifgsqall.jpg

cindy does such wonderful squares!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG  attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

hello greenowl, nice to see you here, never heard of pillows for paws, have to look that up.....

Hello all! I've been working on the cat bed for Pillows for Paws, and I also made a beret last night. Alas, my mom is not awake to model the beret. Oh well. I hope you all have a great day!

poor linda, hope wrist will let you crochet again soon..

very lovely squares

I will attempt some squares for you soon

,wrist is still healing and smaller hook is not as comfortable as my N hook,but will give it a try maybe next week

I want to go home! We had our monthly company meeting today and I had to do my presentation from our Winter Conference that was last month, because I was sick and missed the conference. And I hadn't gotten all the slides done because of the snow beforehand; we were closed and I couldn't log in. So I spent all this morning finishing up the PowerPoint and feeling sick to my stomach from nervousness, and now it's done, thank gods, but I just want to go home and hide.

And now we're talking about liking the company's Facebook/twitter/linkedin/google+ pages. And I'm just like no. I'll find the linked in page, but I'm not linking Facebook to work. Nope nope nope. I keep a strict work-private life divide there.

Ok rant done. :(

ack,hang in there viking!!!! and Im with you, I don't facebook,or any of that social connection stuff, I like my privacy, lol

well ladies, ann, and carol, and dragn and yarnmonkey, Kuddles, and all else, Im running out of steam, so will say goodnight for now, see you all in the am,!!!!  

I love all the eye candy!  It's all so diverse and motivational.  Kuddles, I still can't figure out how to use the sewing machine to attach the fabric lining to the crocheted bags.  The yarn gets caught and pulled down into where the bobbin goes.  I hate it!  What sewing machine do you have?  I think I remember you said that you don't have to lower the feed dogs when you're sewing fabric and yarn together.  Do you have the yarn portion on top and the fabric underneath when you're sewing?  It's a mystery I haven't been able to solve, but once I do, it will make lining bags easier and faster.

The rain has been gone for two days now.  The days are just a little cold for L.A. area standards.  I am basking in the glory of it, lol.  I've finished some booties, hoodies, and other stuff.  I will post a pic soon.  Other than that, there's nothing new going on here.

Everyone have a happy hump day :)

Morning!

cshort - you are so talented!!!

angelroselite - I have a Janome but really, I don't know why your yarn is doing that! My yarn is on the bottom.....wait, I only sew lining in to bags that are crocheted tightly, with no gaps. Perhaps you tried a looser yarned item? Then yes I think it would do that but if stiffer and no holes, I think it should work. At least it does for me!

Dusting of snow out there with a few more inches coming today. And rain into snow Fri/Sat. Everyone around here is so done with winter! Argh!

Another usual work day. Poor kiddles is enduring the ISAT testing yesterday through next Tuesday. She hates it. Big hub bub up here in the Chicago schools with teachers refusing to give the mandated tests cause they are only used to judge the schools, not the kids and parents want their kids learning not testing. The drama! I tell her not to worry, if you don't answer everything, it isn't a big deal. But the school has made her feel it is. Ah the trials of being a parent and making your kid feel better!

Well on that note, off I go!

kuddles

Archived