Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! Anyone else hating the overnight Spring Forward? I see a nap in my future!

Pineknott, I hope everything turns around for you today! :hug

I decided that we should keep daylight savings time, but we should only ever move back so we can sleep in an hour twice a year and never have to get up early! :lol

Bless you for helping out your grandson with his room, owl! I feel his pain. :(

:hug :hug to Pineknott and owl and owl's grandsons and granny and her husband, and everybody else! We're at my mom's today celebrating "Gwana's bi[r]fday!" It's tomorrow, but we can't be here Monday so we came down yesterday. Off to post stash busting scores and then work on (and maybe even finish!!) a baby blanket gift. (More of a "little girl" gift, really! :lol)

Hi from Rusty and me! I know the time changed overnight, but I did not change the time here. I am not going to.  I have not changed over to daylight savings time for the past three years. For all of those years, I did not stay on standard time for the whole year. I finally gave up each year and did change over.  Last year, I went a whole month and about two weeks before I changed over to daylight savings time. However, I am not changing over to daylight savings time this year at all.  I promised myself that I am not going to do that.  So far, so good.

Last week, I got lots of mail and I have not opened it all yet.  I remember seeing a puffy from somebody that I would love to open.  However, I have been working on my knit afghan and that has taken the time.  I will open the puffy and find out who was so nice to send me some squares and let you know. 

Today started off overcast, but now the sky is blue and I think that it is going to get warm. Anyway I hope that it does.  Spring comes on the 21st of this month. 

Hope everybody is doing well.  We are fine here. Still collecting squares for my pastel afghan.

I live in the part of Indiana that never used to change time we just changed time zones. We were eastern time for part of the year and central for part of it. I despise the time change.  What I dont get is the excuse for Businesses to save on electricity cause they will be open more daylight hours. Um Hello, Have you ever walked into walmart and the lights were off because it was daylight outside?  

Yes I know I have deep rooted issues lol

hi all,

busy weekend for all I see... well, me too I guess, lol, was a great day out today sunshine and 70 degrees, Im going to pack away winter clothes soon!!

DD moved this weekend, so that took up some time, as we tried to do as much as we could to help.

She is done, and cleaning the old apt today, but sounds exhausted, so told her go home, ( new apt,) and rest for the night, we can all clean tomorrow......She did.

I don't think i could EVER receive a puffy, and not have it be the very FIRST thing I opened.......Gosh, that is astounding to me, and to not change times, lol doesn't matter I guess, just that you will be an hour behind for everything, such as tv schedules, store openings, and closing, etc.... Oh well !!

FOund a terrific bargain at a local thrft shop today too, it's a small 30 inch by 30 inch table, like a small card table,but very much more solid,  and it's base is on rollers, like a desk chair would be, anyway, put it in the craft room, and I love it, it rolls across the carpet perfectly easy, and to get up I just can push it away, lol.....It's the right height for my easy chair in there, and it scoots right up as close as i need it, really good find, Im happy!! I wass not happy howeever trying to get it in my car, so took it back in the store, got a sold sticker on it, and said I would send handydandyman, right up with the truck!!!!!!!!! GGGrrrrrrrr , was so exsassperated with the struggle of it all, lol, but pleased with my little work table, as well.....

Back is quite bothering me tonight, but that is from carting things here and there, im sure. Took some ibprofen, that will knock it out enough to get to sleep tonight, im hoping...

well, im beat, not as beat as dd and her hubby are, but Im older, ha ha, so I am hurting a bit, ok!

Talk to you all tomorrow.......take care all.

I'm back and there is no way he would of cleaned his room on his own. When they changed rooms they helped the youngest and threw the oldest in the room. That's what it looked like to me. Then one of his toys got broken he received for christmas and it was one of his favorites and he cried . So I dealt with that and we cleaned his room. It looked beautiful and he was so happy.

Folded all his clothes fixed every draw, cleaned out closet , hung up clothes and folded blankets. He vacuumed while I went and help hang up clothes in youngest room. Put a few things a way. Was finished fast with the youngest room.

We even rearranged the room the way he wanted it. So he was happy. I told him an awesome job he did and he laughed and said Nana I couldn't of did it on my own . He said he needed the help and told me and daughter we did a good job. I laughed at him. He really is a sweet boy.

hi all,

busy weekend for all I see... well, me too I guess, lol, was a great day out today sunshine and 70 degrees, Im going to pack away winter clothes soon!!

DD moved this weekend, so that took up some time, as we tried to do as much as we could to help.

She is done, and cleaning the old apt today, but sounds exhausted, so told her go home, ( new apt,) and rest for the night, we can all clean tomorrow......She did.

I don't think i could EVER receive a puffy, and not have it be the very FIRST thing I opened.......Gosh, that is astounding to me, and to not change times, lol doesn't matter I guess, just that you will be an hour behind for everything, such as tv schedules, store openings, and closing, etc.... Oh well !!

FOund a terrific bargain at a local thrft shop today too, it's a small 30 inch by 30 inch table, like a small card table,but very much more solid,  and it's base is on rollers, like a desk chair would be, anyway, put it in the craft room, and I love it, it rolls across the carpet perfectly easy, and to get up I just can push it away, lol.....It's the right height for my easy chair in there, and it scoots right up as close as i need it, really good find, Im happy!! I wass not happy howeever trying to get it in my car, so took it back in the store, got a sold sticker on it, and said I would send handydandyman, right up with the truck!!!!!!!!! GGGrrrrrrrr , was so exsassperated with the struggle of it all, lol, but pleased with my little work table, as well.....

Back is quite bothering me tonight, but that is from carting things here and there, im sure. Took some ibprofen, that will knock it out enough to get to sleep tonight, im hoping...

well, im beat, not as beat as dd and her hubby are, but Im older, ha ha, so I am hurting a bit, ok!

Talk to you all tomorrow.......take care all.

You WERE busy!

I'm back and there is no way he would of cleaned his room on his own. When they changed rooms they helped the youngest and threw the oldest in the room. That's what it looked like to me. Then one of his toys got broken he received for christmas and it was one of his favorites and he cried . So I dealt with that and we cleaned his room. It looked beautiful and he was so happy.

Folded all his clothes fixed every draw, cleaned out closet , hung up clothes and folded blankets. He vacuumed while I went and help hang up clothes in youngest room. Put a few things a way. Was finished fast with the youngest room.

We even rearranged the room the way he wanted it. So he was happy. I told him an awesome job he did and he laughed and said Nana I couldn't of did it on my own . He said he needed the help and told me and daughter we did a good job. I laughed at him. He really is a sweet boy.

What a wonderful gal you are!

I woke at 1:45, couldn't get back to sleep so finally got up about 2:30 so been surfing since. Now it's 3:30....sigh...gonna be tired tonite! Story of my life!

Kiddles had fun with her friend over yesterday afternoon. Already have a date for her to go over there Saturday so I get 3 hours to myself that day! Oh joy! What to do first!

Made a hat just for fun with a free pattern - looks like a row of flowers around - and since I crochet so loose, it fit kiddles! Here is a pic on her head....looks like the hat is floating in air but it is on her head, but with black hair, you can't tell!

Later!

kuddles

post-17419-0-36143000-1394440116_thumb.jpg

You WERE busy!

What a wonderful gal you are!

I woke at 1:45, couldn't get back to sleep so finally got up about 2:30 so been surfing since. Now it's 3:30....sigh...gonna be tired tonite! Story of my life!

Kiddles had fun with her friend over yesterday afternoon. Already have a date for her to go over there Saturday so I get 3 hours to myself that day! Oh joy! What to do first!

Made a hat just for fun with a free pattern - looks like a row of flowers around - and since I crochet so loose, it fit kiddles! Here is a pic on her head....looks like the hat is floating in air but it is on her head, but with black hair, you can't tell!

Later!

kuddles

It is a free pattern? Can you share the link? 

You are up and you are breathing this Morning. You have been given another day. I would say that is a good morning.

Owlvamp you take such good care of then grandbabies. 

I got 4 beautiful squares and a gorgeous towel that I am super afraid to use because it's just bound to get dirty since it's so pretty from BGS on Saturday!! Thank you SOOOO much!! 

post-46820-0-64817400-1394475115_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone.

I was here yesterday morning reading some posts but my grandson woke up and distracted me. I had a wonderful weekend visiting with my daughter and her family and celebrating my grandson's birthday. I came home with more sewing projects. We went shopping for fabric for pillow and seat covers for DD's living room and dining room. I'll be going back up in a couple of weeks when I have spring break, I can't wait. 

As for crochet..........

Skoggy I mailed your squares today.

I bought some pretty yarn over the weekend for preemie afghans and some fun loopy yarn for a shawl for me, I need to get busy.

Kiddles, that is very pretty hat that you made.

jessicali, those are very pretty squares. I promise I will get some to you soon.

Katyallen, I discovered how old I am when I was helping DD move a couple of weeks ago, things that never made me sore before made me very sore and tired.

I guess thats about it for now. Have a great evening everyone.

Kuddles I also use the phrase friend(s) I have never met in regards to so many here.  Sounds like you and Kiddles had a good weekend. 

I hate it when we change the clock in either direction.  When we "fall" back it seems like the day just drags on.  I wish they would just leave it on daylight savings time year round.  You would think we should be saving daylight in the winter too since there is less of it. 

pineknott :hug  :hug

jessicali, you're welcome, and the towel is washable ;)

owlvamp, I'm glad you were able to get the room organized, poor kid shouldn't be treated that way

katy, great score, and just a thought on the birthday thing you know we could have 10 people with birthday's in one month and some months with no birthdays

Kuddles I also use the phrase friend(s) I have never met in regards to so many here.  Sounds like you and Kiddles had a good weekend. 

I hate it when we change the clock in either direction.  When we "fall" back it seems like the day just drags on.  I wish they would just leave it on daylight savings time year round.  You would think we should be saving daylight in the winter too since there is less of it. 

owlvamp, I'm glad you were able to get the room organized, poor kid shouldn't be treated that way

katy, great score, and just a thought on the birthday thing you know we could have 10 people with birthday's in one month and some months with no birthdays

Haha, I figured it was.. If you knew the whole situation, you'd understand!! It WILL get used though - That's a promise!! 

Haha, I figured it was.. If you knew the whole situation, you'd understand!! It WILL get used though - That's a promise!! 

I can just imagine as I know the abuse my poor kitchen towels get!

yeah bgs, thought of that, lol what are the odd, right....well, I don't know of any other way to do it, so that everyone gets a turn at something, lol, if you have any ideas, im open , anyone, and really we don't have long to go on the choosing the biggest squares that haven't been one yet, the list is getting sooo short!! So put those thinking caps on, Im still for the birthday thing, we of course would be working on march, in feb and so on and so forth, and if there are more than anyone of us can handle in one month, we will just I dunno, lol     

or we could just go back to the way it was, and eliminate the biggest square, or birthday thing altogether, if a lot of yu think so, Im thinking hard on ways to keep us alive, and fresh!! lol

Kuddles, I love that hat!  Thanks for the pattern link :)

Jessicali, very nice squares and towel with towel topper.  I use the towel, and when it needs washing, I swap it out with a fresh one.  The topper doesn't get dirty so soon since it's attached to the stove handle.  I love it!  Bgs spoils us all :)

Katie, I think that the birthday idea is a good one.  I can see where some months will be feast and others will be famine, but you can make them bonus months where you can draw one or two names.  That would just be icing on the cake.

I posted the booties I made.  I'm on a roll!  lol

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/150648-crocodile-bootie-trio/?p=2620530

Have a good night, everyone :)

Good morning!

Thanks for the all the hat kudos......I made another yesterday! It goes fast....started on my lunch hour and finished last nite. Blue flowers per Kiddles request and added a few rows to make it fit her better in the crown. Of course when you have black hair and are beautiful, anything looks good on you! I wouldn't know personally but....

Today will be okay and then boom! Up to 8 inches of snow when we wake up tomorrow! Will it ever end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last day of Kiddles ISAT testing. That is the good news. The bad news we are back to nightly homework. Sigh.....

Well I better start getting ready for work. Have a great day!

kuddles

Archived